Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the good guys always manage to win... except for 1984 (you'll be remembered winston smith)... seeing as we are basically roaches who manage to survive by the skin of our teeth nearly every time.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i think that its fine. though looking fragile, does it matter in stargate? you're toast when shields fail anyway. whether you have a massive ship with superthick armor or a toothpick ship
      One more time, this is not a ship for Stargate. This is a starship for my own personal Science Fiction, or fantasy, universe.
      Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 26 May 2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

yep, i knew that, i was just trying to get across a small joke. Didn't really work though...
        sigpic

Comment

I was posting that to thekillman, 442, not you. other than the 1984 bit I understood your joke.

Comment

yes, and my argument still stands. if there's shields, then they're there for a reason

Comment

Yeah to absorb the really powerful beams whose energy has been built up in high energy capacitors before the battle began and to limit the amount of energy that gets to the hull so that it can cool off and not fail as quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                I was posting that to thekillman, 442, not you. other than the 1984 bit I understood your joke.
                1984 was a book writen to describe what life would be like if comunism took over. It was writen a while ago, but it insired room 101 and big brother.
                sigpic

Comment

I am afraid I don't know any of those books? Or were some of those movies?

Comment

room 101 was a television programe in england. Big brother is also an english TV programe. search 1984 in google or some other search engine.
                    sigpic

Comment

here's the wikipedia link
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

Okay I have finally followed the link to the 1984 Wikipedia page. Though there are several, movies at least, that glorify the bad guy and make it so that the good guy is barely even mentioned. The good guy being those that actually earn/own the money or artifacts that are stolen by the films 'heroes.'

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                          Okay I have finally followed the link to the 1984 Wikipedia page. Though there are several, movies at least, that glorify the bad guy and make it so that the good guy is barely even mentioned. The good guy being those that actually earn/own the money or artifacts that are stolen by the films 'heroes.'
                          You've never read 1984? Blasphemy! Read it immediately!

Comment

1984 a great year!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              You've never read 1984? Blasphemy! Read it immediately!
                              Read it! the book's revolutionary!
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I need professional help, is there a quick and easy way of completing this shape, enveloping every line in a tube, as seen?

Comment

Working...
                                X