X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
    Which part?
    The big dish and engine nacelles are what I think he's referring to.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
      Hm? Well your ship's shape sort of reminds me of a short shovel with a horizontal handle on one end. I just thought it would be an interesting and, at least to me, funny comment on the ship. It is actually a good design I hope to see it in its fool glory soon.
      Now i get it... thank you for thr comment, got to put some mud onto the end now. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
        The big dish and engine nacelles are what I think he's referring to.
        Yeah i am thinking of losing the "nacelles"

Comment

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
          Which part?
          what mcoy said the dish and engines but like I said Really nice ship

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
            here's an update on the project.
            trying to get a unusual shape for the core.

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:

feedback/input appreciated
            Wow.

*has a heart attack and falls over. Wakes up a few seconds later feeling better than ever.*

The heads a bit big, but that might be what your going for. The details at the back are insane! great work and can't wait for the finished product.

Just a small question: how do you stop the lines mashing together? change their colour or something?
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

Here is a snap shot of the Eternal-class cruiser. Well a basic extremely bare bones model of it anyway. I have a long ways to go to get this anywhere near completion. Even then it most likely won't be able to compare to even this stage of Extrenix's anvil battlecruiser.

Spoiler:

Any comments at this early stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                Here is a snap shot of the Eternal-class cruiser. Well a basic extremely bare bones model of it anyway. I have a long ways to go to get this anywhere near completion. Even then it most likely won't be able to compare to even this stage of Extrenix's anvil battlecruiser.

Spoiler:

Any comments at this early stage?
                looks kinda like a satellite, so i have to wonder where you are going with it?
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

Where I am going with it?

Uh. To the stars I hope, the
                  Eternal-class cruiser is not meant to enter the atmosphere of any planet or land on one.

I was kind of hoping that this would look like something humans would use for spaceflight, if they had a fairly efficient FTL drive with only minor technical advancements in other areas.

My goal is to make a fairly, though not entirely, believable low endurance high range starship that seems like it may actually be able to fight in space.

As for the satellite comment, I suppose it does look a bit like a satellite that may not change however there are many things I need to be adding to it before it is the least bit done.

I am still not sure that I have properly answered your question though.

Comment

that's pretty much it, it's just that it looks a bit fragile. but it's too early to say anything for sure, it'll probably turn out great
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                    Hehe

Comment

well, finally got a new mouse, and got some work done took some of merlins suggestions into consideration, and i have two models - please say which one looks best.

the latest

the original
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

big guns

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

the lastest one looks way better. it looks more, challenging than the first. how big is that? because the neck has these small sticky out bits which look like small turrets.
                          sigpic

Comment

those are turrets, small AA ones. the entire ship is about 90 meters, guess thats... like 200 feet.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

use the lastest then. space the guns out a bit and/or add in a little dip in between them. like a
                              __
                              / \

shape
                              sigpic

Comment

i was probably gonna do that, but wasn't quite sure. thanks for the input while i render that, here's a little something i did for fun:

sigpic

Spoiler:
                                Hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X