Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here are 2 varients of my battle ship. the first one has no hanger bay, the second has a hanger bay, but it also has 4 more turrents.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I like it better without the hangers, and those giant canons just look weird on the hangers.

but yeah, go without them. Keep it as a destroyer.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        I like it better without the hangers, and those giant canons just look weird on the hangers.

but yeah, go without them. Keep it as a destroyer.
        actully those arnt hanger those are just wings. And it was intinded to be a battleship

Edit. Here is the first one, but with 2 hanger bays on the side.

Spoiler:
        Last edited by FN-P90; 01 April 2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Well we're all putting up designs sort to speak so here is my go at it.

Stargate Ship design-Quantum Class

Light Infantry Long Range Assault and Transport
          LIL’ RAT

Length: 400 feet
          Width: 210
          Height 75
          Weight 528 metric tons

Capacity: Company/Troops 140 soldiers
          Crew: 40 (standard)
          Two fighter bays-deployment of sixteen F-4XX fighters

Sections: Larboard wing deck (Fighter bay 1), Starboard wing deck (Fighter Bay 2), Forward Stern deck and Bridge Deck; *Special ability* Sectional separation during combat-each section is equipped with their own command bridge. Bridge deck, which maintains all primary systems of the ship, hyperspace drive, and crew quarters stays in defensive position while the three main attack decks follow formation for maximum damage.

Each section has a main battery and a micro ZPM power source.
          Main Battery: Consists of two rail guns, limited range 800 meters, and one phase-ion cannon, range 1200-7000 meters. (1.2km-7km or .8 miles to 5 miles)

Main computer core: Daedalus Class (Asgardian Ancient) cross bread technology. Attack deck core: CMD F-5XX fighter cores, with gene-sync technology.

Each deck has a gene keyed emergency transmit (Asgardian beaming technology) tied to all command bridge personnel. The Bridge Deck has a full Asgadian beaming center.

Armor: Quantum Class; a hybrid quasi-phased shield that fully cloaks and phases the ship until such time that it enters battle. The phase-ion cannons are synced to fire with in normal space while the ship remains phased.

Secondary shields: Asgardian shield matrix
          *Shield Synchronicity- The shields of each deck are tied into each other, and if a deck is damaged by reconnecting to another deck emitters can supplement each other. Any pairing of decks may reconfigure together, so long as the standard configuration is returned to for hyperspace flight.*

Sub-light engines: Standard SCG engines
          Hyperspace Engines: Redesigned Ancient hyperdrives based on Atlantis.
          “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Comment

I say it looks better with the fins not the hangers. They seem too small to hold any fighters.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              Ok here are 2 varients of my battle ship. the first one has no hanger bay, the second has a hanger bay, but it also has 4 more turrents.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Personally I like the one with only three big turrets.

I have finally realized exactly what the SGC needs to do in order to have a broader reach without spending unwieldy amounts of money on many different types of intergalactic warship. Instead they need to start building a, relatively, small cargo ship with full beaming capabilities, maybe one light weapon, Galactic range, with the option of going intergalactic if it packs an extra energy source and takes a few pit stops on the way.

That way when they need to go and beam an SG team out of harms way they won't have to divert a 304 to do so. It also allows for a lot of missions that were unfeasible with only the large 304 at their beck and call. Cost/benefit favors such a solution, at least it does in my mind.

Comment

i've been doing some work on this for a few days. what do people think?

Spoiler:
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

its massive

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

And appears rather impractical, but as it's not done...I'll wait and see.
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

its a carrier for the modelling chalange. 1500m was max. med weaponary, heavy armour, big engines (haven't done them yet) and needs to be a good surport. specs are coming as soon as i can be bothered.
                      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                        Personally I like the one with only three big turrets.

I have finally realized exactly what the SGC needs to do in order to have a broader reach without spending unwieldy amounts of money on many different types of intergalactic warship. Instead they need to start building a, relatively, small cargo ship with full beaming capabilities, maybe one light weapon, Galactic range, with the option of going intergalactic if it packs an extra energy source and takes a few pit stops on the way.

That way when they need to go and beam an SG team out of harms way they won't have to divert a 304 to do so. It also allows for a lot of missions that were unfeasible with only the large 304 at their beck and call. Cost/benefit favors such a solution, at least it does in my mind.
                        Ive been messing around with a transportship idea.

Spoiler:

Comment

now that looks nice

Comment

I'm going all Ancient for the next while. I have a story idea I want to make and I need a fleet if I want to make some renders to go with it.

Early wip of my Ancient Light Cruiser

Early wip of my Ancient Patrol Ship

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

darn.... can't green you for that post......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I see your sticking with the Ancient theme RJB
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X