Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not sre what to call this but i redid it andmade a refit version.

Spoiler:
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

This anit a ship and i found it on the Warhouse but I love it Did do a different paint job thow

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      RGM-79N GM Custom

Model number: RGM-79N

Code name: GM Custom

Unit type: mass production general purpose multi-role mobile suit

Manufacturer: Earth Federation Forces
      Operator(s): Earth Federation Forces; Anti-Earth Union Group

First deployment: UC 0083

Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso

Dimensions: overall height 19.0 meters; head height 18.0 meters

Weight: empty 42.0 metric tons; max gross 57.6 metric tons

Armor materials: titanium/ceramic composite

Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1420 kW

Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 30000 kg, 4 x 1870 kg

Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.17 G; 180-degree turn time 1.5 seconds

Fixed armaments: 2 x 60mm vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; XB-G-1019H beam saber, power rated at 0.38 MW, stored in recharge rack in backpack, hand-carried in use

Optional fixed armaments: RGM·M-Sh-ABT/S-00057 shield, mounted on either forearm

Optional hand armaments: HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM rifle, clip-fed, 30 rounds per clip, 2 spare clips stored in shield; HFW-GMG·MG79-90mm bullpop machine gun
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

so this is the USAF Aurora it is based off tech retrived from the tria.

it is comperable in size to an ancient warship
        it can carry up to 55 missiles at one time both conventional and nuclear,six asgard beam weapons,24 railguns and a transplanted control chair and a carrieing copacity of over 1,000 drones. It also has an Ori ship busting beam weapon.
        this is a slightly altered form, I could not decide which on to post
        Last edited by General_Finley; 05 March 2009, 06:54 PM.
        sigpic
        Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
        STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

paint is a bad way to go with ship designs, i perfere google sketchup 7, you can download it for free and its really easy to use. the ship is also slightly fanwank, and i mean fanwank not fanwork, where are the drones coming from, where's this ori beam coming from and where's the chair coming from? as i said, use google sketchup 7, its good for beginners. you can make stuff like the robot.

Spoiler:
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
            Alright here are a few minor updates. I've actually gone backwards in progress a bit lol, removed the hangars and will be redoing them. I've mostly been playing around with the front armour today, experimenting with smoothing and such.

Hahaha, I just realized that in the last image the centre is not centered to the hull. Hmm, not sure if it's those indents or the centre part, not sure how that happened. I'll go fix it.

EDIT: Fixed it haha, the centre part was only slightly off.
            what software are you using, the render is amazing
            Last edited by toby1kanobi; 06 March 2009, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
              paint is a bad way to go with ship designs, i perfere google sketchup 7, you can download it for free and its really easy to use. the ship is also slightly fanwank, and i mean fanwank not fanwork, where are the drones coming from, where's this ori beam coming from and where's the chair coming from? as i said, use google sketchup 7, its good for beginners. you can make stuff like the robot.

Spoiler:
              Cool robot, be nice to have a few them at the SGC for supporting the SG units in the field.

Comment

Finally been able to get a render off for my submission to the Modelling Challange...

Presenting the Stealth Transport ST-820...

The ship is a transport ship built from technology retro-engineered from the PuddleJumpers...

Crew-2
                Passangers- TBD
                Weapons- 2 30mm cannons
                Engines- 2 'Smith Propulsion System' ion engines
                Dimensions- TBD
                Operations- SAS transports
                Shield Generator
                Cloaking Generator.

It's nowhere near being finished... but all thats really left now is the fiddly details, like finalising the textures...sorting out the lighting, ETC....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  Finally been able to get a render off for my submission to the Modelling Challange...

Presenting the Stealth Transport ST-820...

The ship is a transport ship built from technology retro-engineered from the PuddleJumpers...

Crew-2
                  Passangers- TBD
                  Weapons- 2 30mm cannons
                  Engines- 2 'Smith Propulsion System' ion engines
                  Dimensions- TBD
                  Operations- SAS transports
                  Shield Generator
                  Cloaking Generator.

It's nowhere near being finished... but all thats really left now is the fiddly details, like finalising the textures...sorting out the lighting, ETC....

what software are you using?

Comment

3D Max 9

Comment

3D Max 9
                      is it user friendly or for an experienced user?

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                        is it user friendly or for an experienced user?
                        Both....IMHO.... I started out with Max while at Uni so i had the support network to help... but there are a number of tutorials online that would be able to help you improve your skills.

Comment

Both....IMHO.... I started out with Max while at Uni so i had the support network to help... but there are a number of tutorials online that would be able to help you improve your skills.
                          thanks, ile check it out. BTW love the organic curvy look of your ship, nice chance from all the angular ones

Comment

guys, is there a way to use a sketchup saved project in a different 3d programme or as i starting from scratch?

Comment

i dont think it would work. but i think it'd be better to start from scratch.
                              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                                guys, is there a way to use a sketchup saved project in a different 3d programme or as i starting from scratch?
                                If you can email me the model I could export it into a 3DS format and then email that back to you so you could use it in your new program.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X