X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use 3D Max 9

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

The ships USAF Lazarus/Symphony, USAF Morpheus, and USAF Typhon on route to explore a new frontier in a new galaxy
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Nice.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

The ships USAF Lazarus/Symphony, USAF Morpheus, and USAF Typhon on route to explore a new frontier in a new galaxy
          me like very much.
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

so do i... though it does seem a bit dark

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

oh yea forgot to make that point.

Spoiler:

Comment

I think the setup looks fine but the lighting could use some work. As a suggestion I would use one strong main light source and 2-3 weaker ones to build up depth in the lighting. Also play with the colors of the lights, I use lights that are blue-white with some weaker yellow/orange-whites. Also doing some post work in photoshop can help a lot at balancing out colors. Layers and filters can be your friends.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

The start of my latest model Midway MkII.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

looks like a good start.

Spoiler:

Comment

Question. Can i post some of my ships here even thow they dont really protane to Stargate?
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                        Question. Can i post some of my ships here even thow they dont really protane to Stargate?
                        I'd like to see your designs. TBH I don't think it really matters whether or not these are Stargate ships or not, since I come to see what people are making.

Post away.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          I'd like to see your designs. TBH I don't think it really matters whether or not these are Stargate ships or not, since I come to see what people are making.

Post away.
                          Thanks ill post them here tomorow becaue i dont have the files on my computer right now.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Ahh I like it, nice work. I like your ships, kind of hard to see them. I can't talk though, it's really hard getting the lighting to show off your ship while still remaining consistent with the scene, I gave up for the night!

Spoiler:

I was messing around with making planets tonight. Sadly this has taken me several hours to do, and I didn't even add a star field or get the lighting quite right on Earth or my ship. Plus my ship isn't textured, I just wanted to test it out. Oh, and I know that the colour of light reflecting on my ship doesn't match the scene, didn't notice until afterward. I'll get to that later.

I like how the night Earth looks, but it makes it hard to get the lighting right, because too bright and and it's no longer night time, and too dark you can't see the city lights. I think I can solve that by working on the mapping, but that can wait.

I still have a lot of tampering to do to get my ship to react the way that I want it to with light. And I only used the sun as a light, so next time I'll throw in some secondary lighting for the ship and just exclude the planets.

Safe to say, I don't think I'll be submitting a picture like this for the challenge due date haha. Well maybe if I can tweak it more, who knows.

Oh, and the sun looks retarded too. It's blue and stretched out, I left it because I thought that it looked cool but that needs work too.

This whole scene business is harder than I thought it'd be.
                            Last edited by Finger13; 02 January 2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

very nice. i wish i could post some of my designs but i dont have a clue how to use any of the programs all you guys use.

Spoiler:

Comment

finger what program do you use again? Blender? and its a good start scene wise.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X