Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about it being the Coalition BattleCruiser Tom It foud fit in there very nicely.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

yea, make it a joint strike craft. if every race just makes his own BC's and Dreadnoughts, then the Genii could man these things. besides, there doesnt have to be 1 style per se for a race

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
        What about it being the Coalition BattleCruiser Tom It foud fit in there very nicely.
        Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        yea, make it a joint strike craft. if every race just makes his own BC's and Dreadnoughts, then the Genii could man these things. besides, there doesnt have to be 1 style per se for a race
        Nah, it's too big for a Coalition ship, which contrary to popular belief should not be a battlecruiser but ratehr a monitor style craft like the whitestar from B5.

I know there isn't "one style" but certain design phyosophies prevail for each race/species.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Nah, it's too big for a Coalition ship, which contrary to popular belief should not be a battlecruiser but ratehr a monitor style craft like the whitestar from B5.

I know there isn't "one style" but certain design phyosophies prevail for each race/species.
          How big do you think my ship is Tom? You keep referring to its size, but it's only about 150m to 200m. Those turrets that look like they're from a battleship aren't all that big, just a larger platform than the domes from which to fire larger projectiles from the railguns.

I still have some scaling to do, but it shouldn't be any longer than what I listed, which would make it much smaller than even the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
            How big do you think my ship is Tom? You keep referring to its size, but it's only about 150m to 200m. Those turrets that look like they're from a battleship aren't all that big, just a larger platform than the domes from which to fire larger projectiles from the railguns.

I still have some scaling to do, but it shouldn't be any longer than what I listed, which would make it much smaller than even the Prometheus.
            Well, 150-200 is still pretty big, especialy for a monitor/gunship style craft, which would be maybe 30-50 meters at most.

Comment

but its smaller than most craft. it can have the shields to withstand renettes fire while it can have the guns to kill her

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                but its smaller than most craft. it can have the shields to withstand renettes fire while it can have the guns to kill her
                Again, jump warfare, shields are usefull, but not that much aginst naq-enhanced nukes. So guns would be based around light speed DEWs to hit the enemy ships before they jump, and powerful naq-enhanced BPL mines that could punch straight through enemy ships.

Wait........ what are we arguing?

Comment

Spoiler:

So I textured it, I am clueless at texturing so I need to figure out how to make the texture match angles. The engines don't look right, and same for parts of the front. The rest of it lines up pretty decently.

Comment

I don't see a problem.

Comment

I don't see a problem.
                      At the back of the engine pods the textures start to slope downward while the pods continue going straight. Looks off. I'm trying to fix it now.

Comment

Well, it's supposed to be purplish blue for the Genii.

Comment

Well, it's supposed to be purplish blue for the Genii.
                          Like Wraith? .

Everyone wants me to keep making purple ships lol. It seems so... unmilitary-ish haha.

Comment

Like Wraith? .

Everyone wants me to keep making purple ships lol. It seems so... unmilitary-ish haha.
                            No!Just the same texture as tok'ra tunneling crystals.

Comment

Spoiler:

A few angles with the textures. Need to work on the lighting now. And add some more detail.

Comment

Spoiler:

A few angles with the textures. Need to work on the lighting now. And add some more detail.
                                you should add some more greebles to the center of the very back of the ship its kinda black except for the textures.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X