X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
    Star Treky!?!?!

Now I have to gouge out my eyes and never model again lol.
    Lol, It kind of looks like a bird of prey, and that's coming from me, A person that hasn't even watched a single episode of any Trek(s)
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
      Lol, It kind of looks like a bird of prey, and that's coming from me, A person that hasn't even watched a single episode of any Trek(s)
      Ahh yes I see what you mean, but only the wings really. The rail guns on mine look identical right down to the way that the wing tips flair. Dammit.

But I think that the Bird of Prey looks like a dick with wings lol Never was a fan of Star Trek.

Dunno though, now I'm self conscious about those rail guns. And if it's in fact a Wraith ship, I don't need them to begin with.

Comment

Ahh yes I see what you mean, but only the wings really. The rail guns on mine look identical right down to the way that the wing tips flair. Dammit.

But I think that the Bird of Prey looks like a dick with wings lol Never was a fan of Star Trek.

Dunno though, now I'm self conscious about those rail guns. And if it's in fact a Wraith ship, I don't need them to begin with.
        You should make a scaling of the image to another ship
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

You should make a scaling of the image to another ship

It's not meant to be very big. I said 400-500 metres as an initial estimate, and if the Daedalus is roughly 350m then I think that this would be close enough.

Comment

It's not meant to be very big. I said 400-500 metres as an initial estimate, and if the Daedalus is roughly 350m then I think that this would be close enough.
            Looking Good
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Looking Good
              I thought you didn't like it haha.

Do you think it'd look better if I dropped the rail guns? I've decided that it's Wraith now, hell it could be a Wraith/Earth hybrid, thanks to Todd stealing data from the Daedalus or something, I don't know.

The big rail guns were a different idea, but it doesn't exactly fit the Stargate universe.

I think that the shape and design of this ship would be much more suited to the Wraith.

Comment

I thought you didn't like it haha.

Do you think it'd look better if I dropped the rail guns? I've decided that it's Wraith now, hell it could be a Wraith/Earth hybrid, thanks to Todd stealing data from the Daedalus or something, I don't know.

The big rail guns were a different idea, but it doesn't exactly fit the Stargate universe.

I think that the shape and design of this ship would be much more suited to the Wraith.
                Well it really up to you, I'll appreciate the model no matter what you do to it
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

well todd's ship is 4-5km long.

also, it beats the crap out of the deadalus....

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

was it so long, there is a specs ready for it i just cant remember how did them,

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

I don't think that my ship looks like a ship that would be so freakishly long. It was never styled to function like that. Given how it's designed, this thing would probably break apart on a planet due to the gravity lol. Hence why it was intended to be no larger than 500m.

When dealing with things that long, designs like the Galactica, Star Destroyers or Hive Ships make a lot more sense. Not something with big wings jutting out for 5 kilometres.

HOWEVER, if I were to customize this for such a long ship, I suppose I could make the wings stubbier and stretch out the middle and rear to make the front of the ship not seem too huge.

Comment

Finally I had started to model the USAF Corinthian, This is just what I have started today. Its going to be a frigate, and I designed some new railguns for it, its a shame that they take soo long to render tho.

sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Hi Finger13

I just wanted to say looking at that pic and the ones you've posted on the previous page that looks awesome.

What modeling software do you use and where can I get it?
                          Not so long ago I created a Human City Ship thread and I'd love to have a go at designing some of my own stuff, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Hi Finger13

I just wanted to say looking at that pic and the ones you've posted on the previous page that looks awesome.

What modeling software do you use and where can I get it?
                            Not so long ago I created a Human City Ship thread and I'd love to have a go at designing some of my own stuff, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
                            Thank you

It's Lightwave 9. It's a rather expensive program, my friend had a copy of it and stopped using it, so let me have it.

I would recommend Blender. It is entirely free and from the looks of it quite a capable program.

http://www.blender.org/

Designing is really fun. I've always enjoyed drawing things as a kid, and this is taking it one step further. Good luck! If you need any tips, I can always try to help. But I still don't know much haha. Good luck!

Comment

how do i do a clay render ?

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                                how do i do a clay render ?
                                this is how
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X