Spoiler:

basic renders.

its an ancient warship

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Spoiler:

basic renders.

its an ancient warship

Ouu now that is sexy. I was thinking "looks like Ancient tech" and sure enough, it's meant to be. So really nice job on the design of it.

Comment

USAF Tarus

sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ouu now that is sexy. I was thinking "looks like Ancient tech" and sure enough, it's meant to be. So really nice job on the design of it.
          thanks. welll, colors did alot. once i started to texture, i was like "hell yea, it can beat the crap out of wraith" !

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            I know what you meant.
            Then why did you mention wings? Scramjets don't have real wings, so mentioning them separately verges on redundant.
            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

finals on my ancient ship

Spoiler:

the yellowish things at the docking bays [6x] are forcefields. [last pic without these shields]

its equipped with multiple drone launchers, 6 large fusion engines and 6 docking bays, and two primary engines, dual hyperdrive, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                Then why did you mention wings? Scramjets don't have real wings, so mentioning them separately verges on redundant.
                Wait.....what was the original question?

Comment

I just said "they can't all be Scramjets" because you were ranting about the wings. Then it looked like you were trying to differentiate between the wings and engines, both of which are different on Scramjets, and both of which you were ranting against.

Oye. That's messed up. Just forget it.
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Okay guys, I haven't been able to put much time into modeling my ship anymore, but I made some progress today. I've come to a creative dilemma that I want some input on.

Spoiler:

Do you guys like it beveled (top left), smooth (bottom left) or a mixture (right)????

I really like the beveled one, but I don't know if it's too much. Maybe just the top portion should be beveled, or the top and bottom, or maybe the way I have it on the ship to the right. These were extremely rushed and I just threw them together in Paint to save time, so they're two different models and the colours don't match, but opinions?

And yeah, I just beveled everything so the front looks a little screwed, I would have to fix that when I go in with more attention to detail.

But which path should I follow??? Smooth or rigid?

Comment

rigid.

god damn it looks SO cool

Comment

The mixture is ussualy the best way. It provides nice contrast.

Comment

My Latest

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                            My Latest

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            finals on my ancient ship

Spoiler:

the yellowish things at the docking bays [6x] are forcefields. [last pic without these shields]

its equipped with multiple drone launchers, 6 large fusion engines and 6 docking bays, and two primary engines, dual hyperdrive, etc
                            Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            Okay guys, I haven't been able to put much time into modeling my ship anymore, but I made some progress today. I've come to a creative dilemma that I want some input on.

Spoiler:

Do you guys like it beveled (top left), smooth (bottom left) or a mixture (right)????

I really like the beveled one, but I don't know if it's too much. Maybe just the top portion should be beveled, or the top and bottom, or maybe the way I have it on the ship to the right. These were extremely rushed and I just threw them together in Paint to save time, so they're two different models and the colours don't match, but opinions?

And yeah, I just beveled everything so the front looks a little screwed, I would have to fix that when I go in with more attention to detail.

But which path should I follow??? Smooth or rigid?
                            all really cool ships great work

dboy your has little prometheus style in it

Comment

Alright so I spent a few hours over the last few days finishing modeling the basics of the rest of the ship, so now I am done that aspect and can focus on detaling. I did finish detailing the very front of the ship, as you can see in the top picture. The rest of it is just the absolute basics and will get a face lift over the next few days.

Sorry that the lighting sucks in these, I was too lazy to drag my spotlight around haha.

Spoiler:

Eiii I am excited, it is really starting to take shape and come together fast now. I can't wait until I can start getting the fine details done.

Modeling is really enjoyable, I'm definitely enjoying this.

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                              My Latest

I like the homage to Prometheus, but the design it still unique enough not to be considered a copy. Nice.

Comment

oh my god thats soo awesome. i smell a todd's battlecruiser we need for the AUF

Comment

Working...
                                X