X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    A prometheus or prometheus offshoot?
    it's pretty much a prometheus using my style of modeling.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    Well it's been a while since an update... or anything from me in here....

So here goes.....

Large pics inside
    Spoiler:

Not got much in the way of stats (When do i ever?) but it's going to have most of the usual tech installed... Hyperdrive, engines and Shields are derived from the 304's Asgard shields and the infimation taken from the Asgard Core on the Odyessy, but the Asgard beam tech will not be installed.

Weapons will include Railguns and missiles along with the 2 large pulse tricannons positioned on the top of the ship. I'm considering having around 60 missiles installed in the 12 missile posds between the bridge and the top-most cannon. these pods cannot be re-stocked from the inside.

The black blob on the right hand side of the ship will eventually be the energancy hyperdrive core eject hatch.

As with all the other ships i've done, the crew won't be that big but enough for a ship of this size...

Speaking of which the ship is currently 45 feet tall on four decks of ten foot tall, 50 feet at it's widest and just under 222 foot front to back, thoguh this will change when the hyperdrive spire is added on.
    Looking good, I haven't seen something come out of you in a while so its a pleseant suprise.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Thus the result of a couple of bugs.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

My first lightwave render.

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
          My first lightwave render.

Spoiler:
          ooo... but one thing, you need to do this whenever you render something

1. Open Layout
          2. Go to the Render tab
          3. Click Render Globals
          4. On the bottom of the window that opens click the Filtering tab
          5. Then there is a drop down menu that says "Classic Camera Antialasing"
          6. Select 'Classic, Enhanced" Low, Medium, High or Extreme

What this does is it makes the program make edges of the models very defined. It makes you image appear better.

Edit: Also include the credit to the other objects that you are using in your image like the Planet(s), Starfield and the Ares
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Here's something new, or something really old if you have had a computer in 1999

Spoiler:

Yea, i know. Been playing classics lately.

Comment

oh my god. AWESOME~!!

Comment

Holly hell you did that in 1999! Thats almsost 10 years ago (yay I can do basic math).

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                  Here's something new, or something really old if you have had a computer in 1999

Spoiler:

Reminds me of Willie the Orca.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post

Spoiler:

Looks awsome! though i am more of a fan for the kushan designs compared to the Taiidan designs. but the ship looks great

Mckeller music videos and Captation Archive
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Righty.... need a bit of asistance here. I don't have a clue how to go about modelling the tri-cannons in my lastest mesh.....

Any ideas?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

her is a cruiser , that i have been working on

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm new to the world of modeling, so I still have a lot of learning to do before I attempt something as complicated as this. But I sketched it up in Photoshop just to get an idea of what it'd look like, and also made a terrible battle picture just to get a feel for what the weapons would look like.

But basically the ship is inspired by a more BSG look for the front end of the ship, and an Asgard look for the large wings at the rear.

I tacked some beam weapons onto it, and decided that just to be fun, instead of the rail guns that we see in the series, I threw on massive rail guns instead, (the ship would still have the traditional railguns for point defense though) Like the MAC Cannons from Halo. I assume that since we can create rail guns firing fully automatic, we could create slower shooting but massive ones as well. I figure that these would be devastating against Hive Ships, or other ships that have had their shields knocked down, incoming fighters, etc. Also, when engaging multiple enemies, the beam weapons could be used to knock down a ship's shields then move on to the next, while the rail guns continued to hit the defenseless target.

So the beam weapons could be used to quickly knock down an enemy's shields then focus on anti-fighter or incoming weapons fire (I imagine the beam weapon would disrupt incoming energy shots), while the rail guns on each wing would devastate the main target.

I realize it's easier to just use beam weapons for everything, but where is the fun in that? .

Also, the windows will make the ship look massive, but it's reasonable when you think about it. It'd be about 15 to 18 stories tall, so roughly 60'ish metres tall (the front end that is, the rear would be considerably higher). This would make the length around 400 metres long.

Anywho, here are the images.

And yes, the hull says Canada .

As for the specs, well I'm quite lazy when it comes to this, but here goes.

Dimensions:
                          Height - ~60m
                          Width - Probably about 300-350m. It would have a large wingspan in order to keep the rail guns away from the hull.
                          Length - ~400m

Crew: I imagine a crew of about 200 would be sufficient. The ship is bigger than the Daedalus-class but it's function remains similar, so I figure that we could get away with the same crew. Most of the inhabited bits of the ship are the front anyways.

Armament:
                          2x Massive Rail Guns - about 150 metres long. Would fire very large projectiles at extremely high velocities. This would prove lethal to unshielded ships. Different projectile configurations could also be used to suppress enemy fighters, incoming ordnance, etc. These would not be capable of aiming, so the ship would have to be heading straight at its opponent to use these.

4x Asgard Beam Weapons - 2 would be located on each side of the nose, and one on each wingtip. This would give the ship full 360 degree beam coverage without having to maneuver. That way, while the ship headed straight at its opponent to utilize its rail guns, the beam weapons could be used to cover the ship from other threats, or all 4 beam weapons could contribute to attacking the main target simultaneously.

Several standard rail gun emplacements - An easy and affordable solution to fighter and point defense cover, or tactical precision where the main rail guns or beam weapons would be too powerful.

12x Missile Tubes - These would be located on the top of the ship's front like on the Daedalus. Would fire whatever nukes we already use, preferably the 1200MT ones.

Defense: Realistically, I doubt that we would have oodles of ZPM's. So instead of using that easy fix, I would simply use several Naquadah generators. If we can run the beam weapons and shields off of one Naquadah Generator, then tying in a few would be good. Would also keep several in reserve.

And perhaps a few Mark II Naquadah Generators for situations where they were desperately needed. This would only be if they're more reliable now than they were in The Siege Part II.

An Asgard shield of course. Nothing special here.

The hull would be more heavily armoured than the Daedalus class. We have seen several times that there are situations where a ship gets caught without its shield, and being able to withstand a few more hits from a Hive or Ha'tak would be helpful. Wouldn't do much against an Ori blast or drones, but not much will without a shield.

Additional Tech:
                          Fighter bay located on the underside of the ship that would hold a compliment of F-302's, probably in the order of a dozen or so.

Asgard goodies, which means beaming tech, Asgard core, all that good stuff.

Propulsion:
                          I'm figuring about 6 main engines, with 4 smaller thrusters on the underside of the wings.
                          Last edited by Finger13; 18 October 2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            I'm new to the world of modeling, so I still have a lot of learning to do before I attempt something as complicated as this. But I sketched it up in Photoshop just to get an idea of what it'd look like, and also made a terrible battle picture just to get a feel for what the weapons would look like.

But basically the ship is inspired by a more BSG look for the front end of the ship, and an Asgard look for the large wings at the rear.

I tacked some beam weapons onto it, and decided that just to be fun, instead of the rail guns that we see in the series, I threw on massive rail guns instead, (the ship would still have the traditional railguns for point defense though) Like the MAC Cannons from Halo. I assume that since we can create rail guns firing fully automatic, we could create slower shooting but massive ones as well. I figure that these would be devastating against Hive Ships, or other ships that have had their shields knocked down, incoming fighters, etc. Also, when engaging multiple enemies, the beam weapons could be used to knock down a ship's shields then move on to the next, while the rail guns continued to hit the defenseless target.

So the beam weapons could be used to quickly knock down an enemy's shields then focus on anti-fighter or incoming weapons fire (I imagine the beam weapon would disrupt incoming energy shots), while the rail guns on each wing would devastate the main target.

I realize it's easier to just use beam weapons for everything, but where is the fun in that? .

Also, the windows will make the ship look massive, but it's reasonable when you think about it. It'd be about 15 to 18 stories tall, so roughly 60'ish metres tall (the front end that is, the rear would be considerably higher). This would make the length around 400 metres long.

Anywho, here are the images.

And yes, the hull says Canada .

Amazing, I just love the Design. Keep it up Green for you
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                              Amazing, I just love the Design. Keep it up Green for you
                              Reminds me of a Terran Battelcruisr.

BEAVERS ALL THE WAYYYY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                                Reminds me of a Terran Battelcruisr.

BEAVERS ALL THE WAYYYY!!!!
                                lol now when you say it I can see what you mean
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X