This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    arent those ships a bit....massive for a refit 302, 303 and 304? rather name em:

BC-305, 306, 307, etc.
    Well the size & power makes sense with the storyline & I didn't want to name then 305 ect incase a 305 actually popped up in one of the shows

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

That seems unlikely now.
      Visit my Website

Comment

it will take a LONG time before there's any 305. over 5 years, real life. the 304 is good. also, creating a 305 means:

-new bridge
        -new tech, more wankier
        -new corridors
        -new VFX for the model, "305 through hyperspace", "305 in orbit over planet", "304 entering/exiting hyperspace", its gonna be costly you know. 304 saves a ton of money
        -

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          When have i insulted christians?
          Specifically? In this thread? I don't remember if you did (directly; though your response to my logical argument was anything but logical and edged on an insult), but the statement was meant to be general. In other words, if aAnubiSs or you (since you had taken his side, and were therefore a viable target in my response) insults a Christian belief, I will not sit by.

In terms of this thread, me stopping that debate is well within my rights, no im not god, nobody is, but i can say when a relgious debate is so far off the topic of this thread that it needs to stop. Defend Christianity all you like, but not here.
          Au contraire. This is the perfect place to do it, because this is where someone brought it up. I quite frankly don't give a crap where I respond to an attack. That's like saying: "Oh! Faramir can't kill that orc! He was on the wrong side of the tower! Everyone knows that Gondorians can only defend themselves on the right side of the tower..." (yes, I like Lord of the Rings)

Now, all that being said, I do agree that we should not argue this here. However, the simple answer, and one which both sides would do well to follow, is for neither side to bring it up or allude to it at all. I would never, ever, have brought this up had aAnubiSs not made that casual (and condescending) remark about religion. Basically, we should all just try and watch what we say. No one (I hope) wants to invite trouble.

Now then...back to ships!
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I agree that never bringing up religion would be good idea, i have been incredibly careful up until this point, im in the minority and i accept that. If there was one thing that would push me out of GW, it would be these kind of debates ending up in threads like these.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Wow, this is the last forum i expected religion to come up, but i guess its not entirely out of place, we got the ori in the show, maybe theres some followers among the fans too

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                we got the ori in the show, maybe theres some followers among the fans too
                *puts down book of origin*

How'd ya know? lol.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

To continue on our discussion about fighters, I made a mix between a fighter and a cargo-ship. It's rather a one-man ship separated into 3 rooms : control-room, living-room and space-lock/exit.

It's nicknamed the "Lightbulb".

I half 'like it", half "It's ugly". help me find good ideas....
                  Attached Files
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Interesting idea but the arms restrict the pilots line of sight rather badly.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      Interesting idea but the arms restrict the pilots line of sight rather badly.....
                      I thought about that too.

In fact those arms are also meant to protect the cockpit from collisions or direct hit. So I wanted them to be quite close. They can even close completely when the ship is in auto-pilot (and the pilot is doing something else in the living room :sleeping, reading, cleansing,....)

The solutions I have thought about :

- the arms can rotate around the axis of the ship (because they support the secondary thrusters, projectile weapons and missiles). A bit complicated...

- the pilot seat can rotate too inside the cockpit (around the axis and back-and-forth (so that the pilot can access it))

- the pilot rely heavily on sensors that display informations directly on the interior of the bulb. Imagine something close to the Dart display (while semi-transparent)

Do you think it would help?

Comment

What about some kind of transparant materials in the arms?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I like the rotating seat...
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            What about some kind of transparant materials in the arms?
                            Do you have a more precise idea about that? 1 more picture to help you (I hope... )
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                              Do you have a more precise idea about that? 1 more picture to help you (I hope... )
                              I'd cut back on the empty space on front. Sems useless.

Aside from that, i take it it will tow cargo pods?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                                I'd cut back on the empty space on front. Sems useless.
                                Aside from that, i take it it will tow cargo pods?
                                I'll try your idea.

For the cargo, 3 solutions are available :

- put all you can in the living-room

- there is a set of mechanical arms (like the ones used by Dr Octopus in Spiderman, or the machines in Matrix) to grab & move the cargo.
                                I have not yet drawn them..

- a beam device like the one used by the Wraith or the Asgard in "Thor's Chariot". It dematerialize objects and store them as "energy signatures". For contraband, it's the best way to not meddle in the affair of your employer...

Comment

Working...
                                X