Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oohh, with artificial gravity and inertial dampeners removing the need for vertical decks, science fiction actually would influence the builders to make them look like naval ships in all likelihood Tom.

Though the whole 'no guns on the bottom' thing is crap...

Oh, and titan, I actually got a measurement on the size of the actual 304 model they use on the show from a guy who helps with the effects. It's like 562 meters long or something like that.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      Oohh, with artificial gravity and inertial dampeners removing the need for vertical decks, science fiction actually would influence the builders to make them look like naval ships in all likelihood Tom.

Oh, and titan, I actually got a measurement on the size of the actual 304 model they use on the show from a guy who helps with the effects. It's like 562 meters long or something like that.
      that's good, means my measurements aren't that far off. I should be able to re-scale it accurately.
      Thanks.

Oh and the Vanguard has Naval-ish decks at the back... *wink wink, nudge nudge* and it has guns on the bottom *another hint*
      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

But what if gravity fails? Your still under acceleration, would you prefet to be thrown againt the aft bulkhead, or againt the floor?

edit: i still don't get it.

Comment

You mean the inertial dampeners I presume. If gravity failed you'd just be floating 'cause of the dampeners.

If the dampeners failed you'd be squished anyways. Oh, and torn apart as the AG field fought the acceleration.

If they both failed, then you'd still get squished. At Stargate speeds it wouldn't matter Tom.
          sigpic

Comment

You mean the inertial dampeners I presume. If gravity failed you'd just be floating 'cause of the dampeners.

If the dampeners failed you'd be squished anyways. Oh, and torn apart as the AG field fought the acceleration.

If they both failed, then you'd still get squished. At Stargate speeds it wouldn't matter Tom.
            Point taken, but it would make me feel better.

and bridges, stop puting them where they can be shot off so damn easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Point taken, but it would make me feel better.

and bridges, stop puting them where they can be shot off so damn easily.
              I like bridges that can be shot off easily....
              I'm off now anyways.
              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                I like bridges that can be shot off easily....
                I'm off now anyways.
                I htink the captain woudl dissagree.

Comment

Make it like a naval ship. A 'Flag Bridge' on top for visual triangulation wit two other platforms, which controls flying, and a CIC (Combat Information Center) for combat.
                  sigpic

Comment

Make it like a naval ship. A 'Flag Bridge' on top for visual triangulation wit two other platforms, which controls flying, and a CIC (Combat Information Center) for combat.
                    Flag bridge in space? You either won't be able to see anythign becuase their too far away, or you won't be able to se anythhign be cuase you've ben premenently blinded by stellar radiation/wepons detonation.

Comment

Update On My Bomber Type Thing.

Spoiler:

My head is going to explode i want to add details but all i can think of is panneling, has anyone got any ideas.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post

Spoiler:

My head is going to explode i want to add details but all i can think of is panneling, has anyone got any ideas.
                        1. Relocate those damn turets to the corners of the ship, it gives them wider firing arks, through placement might be tricky.

2. Add hyperdrives

3. Add radar antenas (the phased array variety)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Flag bridge in space? You either won't be able to see anythign becuase their too far away, or you won't be able to se anythhign be cuase you've ben premenently blinded by stellar radiation/wepons detonation.
                          I'm sure the windscreen blacks out. And shields filter out the bad stuff.

Anyway, visuals includes high definition telescopes and video cameras too. But hey, I'm all for having just a CIC. I'm just trying for a middle ground.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the windscreen blacks out. And shields filter out the bad stuff.

Anyway, visuals includes high definition telescopes and video cameras too. But hey, I'm all for having just a CIC. I'm just trying for a middle ground.
                            It's double or nothing for me mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post

Spoiler:

make those 2 engine pods weapons pods too. like ion cannons or missle pods with countless reloads kinda like defiant
                              SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

Originally posted by LTCOLHOMER View Post
                                make those 2 engine pods weapons pods too. like ion cannons or missle pods with countless reloads kinda like defiant
                                I'd always put energy wepons where they have the largest firing arks, but missile pods would do well.

Comment

Working...
                                X