Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      That's what it says. So that's good.
      o ya ... ummm of course i read the specs
      look at the pic its flying over a water world hehe
      SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
        Here's a model I made as part of a submission in the AU Fleet.

...Not too shabby i thinks.
        Spoiler:

Thanks to Boberth2o for the guns.
        If it's ok Titan, and if i could request some Jpeg orthos, could i have a wack at building this ship in 3D Max?

If i use the ship in anthing i will credit you without fail....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Here's a fighter design I made for Fugiman's fleet:

Spoiler:
          ~Technical Specifications~

-Class: "Stormhawk"

-Designation: EF/A-331 (number to be determined)

-Type: Hyperspace-Capable Electronic Warfare Stealth Fighter

-Role: Heavy Assault Fighter

-Builder(s): Boeing (USAF)

-Users: United States of America

-Length: 20.2 meters

-Wingspan: 39.3 meters

-Height: 4.5 meters

-Capacity:
          ~1 Pilot
          ~1 Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO)

-Powerplant:
          ~1x Mk. A-1 Naquadah Generator

-Propulsion:
          ~3x High Delta-V Rocket Engines
          ~4x General Electric F121-GE-100 turbofans
          ~1x Inertialess Maneuvering Grid (IMG)
          ~1x HW(n)-X1 Naquadria Short-Range Hyperspace Window Generator

-Armament:
          ~6x External Hard Points; typical armament is:
          >12x SAMRAAMs
          ~Bomb Bay, holds up to:
          >2x B61 Nuclear Bombs
          ~2x 20mm M61 Vulcan Gatling Guns (1,122 rounds)

-Defenses:
          ~Electric Reactive Hull Plating
          ~Passive Sensor Jamming
          ~Active Sensory Denial Package

-Additional Technology:
          ~Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) Unit
          ~Communications Array - Short Range (radio/LASER) and Long Range

(subspace transmitter)
          ~Advanced Sensor Suite- Long Range (subspace) and Short Range

(radar)
          ~Subspace Locater Beacon
          ~Life Support System
          ~Inertial Dampening System

~History And Technical Notes~

The F-302 "Peregrine" was by this time a slightly outdated fighter, and so the United States Air Force called on Boeing to produce a newer, more advanced fighter. Based heavily on the Northrop Grumman B-2 "Spirit" stealth bomber and the Lockheed Martin F-117 "Nighthawk" stealth attack aircraft designs, the EF/A-331 was designed to with multi-functionality in mind, and can adeptly perform the roles of bomber, stealth aircraft, fighter, and attack aircraft.

The EF/A-331 is equipped with an advanced sensory suite, as well as an Active Sensory Denial Package (ASDEP), thus, it also performs an electronic warfare role. It is capable of receiving and transmitting detailed battlefield overviews from its own sensor suite to and from other ships, and can greatly increase a taskforce commander's battlefield awareness.

It's ASDEP can render inoperable enemy sensor systems within a large area...although the exact distances are classified by the military for security reasons. This, along with its ECM unit, allows it to perform invaluable role in electronic warfare missions; something no previous Earth-built space fighter could achieve.

Its new Naquadria hyperdrive allows it a greatly increased range over the 302 as well. Although limited to in-system jumps, as interstellar jumps are still too imprecise, the new Naquadria hyperdrive is much more stable than previous versions, and can easily make a jump of three AU or less. This increased range is an incredible asset, allowing it to perform much more effective CAP, Anti-Stealth Ship, and Battlefield Awareness missions than the older "Peregrine".

A drawback of the design, however, is that the "Stormhawks" are practically twice the size of a 302, and so cannot be employed in as great a number as their counterparts on ships with hangars designed with the 302 class in mind. This, however, is not a great concern, and many ships have taken to carrying combination Flight Groups made up of around 75% "Peregrines" and 25% "Stormhawks".

The "Stormhawk" design has not been released to other nations, and as such production and use is currently restricted to the USA. However, Russia and England are currently negotiating for the release of the designs for their own fleets, so it is possible that the "Stormhawk" design will see action flying under different flags. For now, though, the USAF is holding out until the offers become more substantial, so the United States will likely have a monopoly on the new fighters for several months at the least.

Image:
          Spoiler:
          The external missiles kind of spoil the stealth aspect.

Comment

i need help i'm in the middle of building a frigate and i dont know what size to make the missile hatches anyone got any ideas.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              The external missiles kind of spoil the stealth aspect.
              They're stealth missiles.

Actually I just did it 'cause it looks cooler.
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

been working on this today adding parts slowly, comment and suggestions welcome.

Comment

They're stealth missiles.

Actually I just did it 'cause it looks cooler.
                  Shame on you!

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                    i need help i'm in the middle of building a frigate and i dont know what size to make the missile hatches anyone got any ideas.
                    It's up to you. If you think about a missile, you'd come to a conclusion that all missiles can fit to tube less than 1m in diameter. Then decide how the hatches open.

Comment

ok heres my first go at rendering

Spoiler:

Comment

The only crit is that the lighting is off...... Maybe add another light on the other side, but way, way weaker than the main one.

Got another new ship to show off today..... Though this is a replacement rather than a whole new one.

For a while now i've been struggling to go anywhere with the Small Cargo Ship design. Nothing was working.

So i've started the ship in the attachments. It's based off a Ramped Landing craft and can be used either as a landing craft for machines or troops to areas unreachable via transport beams or rings, or as a short ranged cargo ship.

101 feet long
                        58 feet wide
                        27.5 feet tall.

The ship can carry the equiverlant of four M1 abram tanks at any one time. Crew of four, in landing operations, or 6 when in operations as a Short range cargo ship.

Four rail guns are standard, As are Asgard Shields. No beams, Hyperdrive or missiles are as standard, though i'm still considering adding a small battery of mini missiles for defensive purposes only.

Along the right hand side of the cargo bay are a number of bunks that fold up onto the wall and the 'facilities', while the other side will hold a small armoury and the ships stores. The Galley is positioned along the rear cargo bay wall along with two stairwells up into the bridge. A ramp extends out from just under tyhe front of the bay for access into and out of the ship, along with the two airlock doors for ship-to-ship transport.

There were doors on the cargo bay, but i wasn't happy with then, i re did them a few times until i found a design i liked...

1st pic is the original doors, 2nd is without any doors and Four M1 Abrams while the other two are with the new doors half open and with the ramp down respectively.

Large (ish) images
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          The only crit is that the lighting is off...... Maybe add another light on the other side, but way, way weaker than the main one.

Got another new ship to show off today..... Though this is a replacement rather than a whole new one.

For a while now i've been struggling to go anywhere with the Small Cargo Ship design. Nothing was working.

So i've started the ship in the attachments. It's based off a Ramped Landing craft and can be used either as a landing craft for machines or troops to areas unreachable via transport beams or rings, or as a short ranged cargo ship.

101 feet long
                          58 feet wide
                          27.5 feet tall.

The ship can carry the equiverlant of four M1 abram tanks at any one time. Crew of four, in landing operations, or 6 when in operations as a Short range cargo ship.

Four rail guns are standard, As are Asgard Shields. No beams, Hyperdrive or missiles are as standard, though i'm still considering adding a small battery of mini missiles for defensive purposes only.

Along the right hand side of the cargo bay are a number of bunks that fold up onto the wall and the 'facilities', while the other side will hold a small armoury and the ships stores. The Galley is positioned along the rear cargo bay wall along with two stairwells up into the bridge. A ramp extends out from just under tyhe front of the bay for access into and out of the ship, along with the two airlock doors for ship-to-ship transport.

There were doors on the cargo bay, but i wasn't happy with then, i re did them a few times until i found a design i liked...

1st pic is the original doors, 2nd is without any doors and Four M1 Abrams while the other two are with the new doors half open and with the ramp down respectively.

Large (ish) images
                          Spoiler:

Cool ship. Got any shots of the back?

If it's ok Titan, and if i could request some Jpeg orthos, could i have a wack at building this ship in 3D Max?

If i use the ship in anthing i will credit you without fail....
                          Yep, I've just sent you a PM with a download link in it.
                          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Not really done anything to the rear yet. I'll whip ip a quick render of hte back now

I will happily send you a file of the finished Max model

EDIT-

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by Dr Lee; 01 June 2008, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Not really done anything to the rear yet. I'll whip ip a quick render of hte back now

I will happily send you a file of the finished Max model

EDIT-

Spoiler:
                              does it have to be purpleish pink
                              SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

The purple pink coour is simply a placeholder until i finish the Panels. Once they are all done then i'll add a Map with a UVW Unwrap.

Though i could change the placeholder colour

Comment

Working...
                                X