Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think Ori ships will become part of the fleet now that the Doci is friendly?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

no.
      Visit my Website

Comment

hi guys im a newbie here so cut me some slack if i make some mistakes here is my idea of a new ship

Name: X-01 Dagger

Role: Stealth fighter

Armament: 2 experimental small scale asgard beam weapons
        2 pulse energy weapons

defenses: shields & a experimental nanotech based hull

power plant: experimental mark IV naquedah generator

Engines: sublight & small tactical jump system

History: With the ongoing situation at the pegasus galaxy and the present military strength at the disposal of the SGC, the military opted to create a small anti-capital ship fighter to combat the numerical superiority of the wraith but at the same time hold its own against fighter class vessels. Due to the asgard computer core these requirements were met resulting to the creation of the X-01 dagger. The design was created with collaboration with SG-1's Lt.Col. Mitchell with him saying " I always wanted to make my own personal alien ass kicking hot rod".
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I though i would join in the recent trend of small scout ships I've seen the past few weeks. Anyhow, It has no name, its a small Scoutship/Bomber. Maybe able to fit in a 304 bay, probally not.

Spoiler:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7576/scout1wga7.jpg
          http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5144/scout2wda8.jpg
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MichJobert View Post
            hi guys im a newbie here so cut me some slack if i make some mistakes here is my idea of a new ship

Name: X-01 Dagger

Role: Stealth fighter

Armament: 2 experimental small scale asgard beam weapons
            2 pulse energy weapons

defenses: shields & a experimental nanotech based hull

power plant: experimental mark IV naquedah generator

Engines: sublight & small tactical jump system

History: With the ongoing situation at the pegasus galaxy and the present military strength at the disposal of the SGC, the military opted to create a small anti-capital ship fighter to combat the numerical superiority of the wraith but at the same time hold its own against fighter class vessels. Due to the asgard computer core these requirements were met resulting to the creation of the X-01 dagger. The design was created with collaboration with SG-1's Lt.Col. Mitchell with him saying " I always wanted to make my own personal alien ass kicking hot rod".
            The Asgard cannons on a ship that small are a little too much. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
            Okay, I though i would join in the recent trend of small scout ships I've seen the past few weeks. Anyhow, It has no name, its a small Scoutship/Bomber. Maybe able to fit in a 304 bay, probally not.

Spoiler:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7576/scout1wga7.jpg
            http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5144/scout2wda8.jpg
            Looking good.
            sigpic

Comment

Updated size chart with ship names.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7...achart3gn1.jpg

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

wow how do you guys do that kind of detail in ship designs

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post

Nice RIB! That must of taken a couple hours to render. Geez
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Nice RIB! That must of taken a couple hours to render. Geez
                    It only took 30-35 minutes.

Originally posted by MichJobert
                    wow how do you guys do that kind of detail in ship designs
                    You make you basic shape for the ship and just start at one end and work your way threw. It just takes time to do.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Yeah, but jeez what do you use? I tried SketchUp, but i cant figure it out.
                      sigpic
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Arcturus8 View Post
                        I use Lightwave.

Comment

It only took 30-35 minutes.
                          30minutes? How do I get an idea here that Lightwave is a slow renderer? MAX surely would have done scene like that quicker. Or is it just me or your computer? Or the settings or.. Idunno.

The Phoenix looks good. I like it. As is the bomber, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                            30minutes? How do I get an idea here that Lightwave is a slow renderer? MAX surely would have done scene like that quicker. Or is it just me or your computer? Or the settings or.. Idunno.

The Phoenix looks good. I like it. As is the bomber, too.
                            It's the setting since i'm using full reflections, shadows, ray tracing transparencies and Radiosity at full.

PS also the textures I use on finished models also add a lot to time.
                            Last edited by RJB; 04 May 2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcturus8 View Post
                              What I do is when I want to add stuff to my models is;

A) Make sure the shape of the object is exactly what you want... its harder to go back and make changes later

B) Add small objects like Squares and Cirlces to the face of the object

C) Make sure the object is attached to the face
                              (ie: if the lines around it are BOLD then its not, if the lines are not bold, then they are attached)

D) Use the push/pull tool to move the square / circle / whatever as far out or in as you want.

This gives you more details to the object - like the last building I posted has all those struts across it... takes a while, but I love the end result.

Comment

Nice! But as I have said before, you're models don't really need textures becuse they are so detalied But as you have said before, it gives them that little extra But nice work as always
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X