This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Can you put that on the warehouse? I would like to use it as a base for something.
    Me or darynlxm?

Comment

Along with the Katana/Sword class, i've been fiddling with my GateJumper and the Wasp designs as well.

I've been working on an interior for the GJ... though i've not rendered anything yet, not happy with the pilot and co-pilots seats yet...

I have changed just about every single texture bar the tailfins and the small wasp/hornet emblem. I'm also going to do some ortho renders for the Wasp.

Once this is done i'll do the same changes from here into the Hornet design... and do some ortho renders for that one as well. Needless to say i'll be posting a few of them on here.

Linky

Edit- here's the latest on the Hornet...(I have spotted the nearly invisible tailfin lettering.. it's being sorted as i post.

Linky
      Last edited by Dr Lee; 21 April 2008, 04:46 AM.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by SG-Kamikaze View Post
        I've got a new model...Since the Ancinets seemed to have a thing for Hexagon shaped things then this would be a good design of a ship, eh?
        Spoiler:
        It kind of looks like a Goa'uld mothership.
        sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of using it for many different things, including the base of Valhalla or as a few Jaffa flagship.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            I was thinking of using it for many different things, including the base of Valhalla or as a few Jaffa flagship.
            What size do you want it in? Curently it is About 18-19 meters in diameter and 5 meters "tall". I was just messing around with polygons in SketchUp and ended up with that, thus the size of it...But if you tell me what size you want then I'll fix it. =D

Comment

Oh...wow...

SWEET!

*dies of the awsomeness of Guardian*
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Hey everyone! Sorry I havent posted anything on here in like a week, been spending time with my partner, got a new job and training is long, boring and im pretty sure ive lost the remainder of my sanity. I also have a blackberry now which im trying to learn.... >_< All in all, its been long...

I work almost 60 hours this week coming between my two jobs... though Im ditching one... but for now im still scheduled. Ugh.

Anywho, I DID manage to get some work done on my tower, and im doing a revision in scale... well, kinda, I have to do the calculations... detailed the tower... I'll leave the rest for future texturing... if / when it happens.

Only 3 pics this time. Im starting on the outer ring now, I hope I did it correctly so that I dont have the errors I did last time....

Spoiler:

Hmmm.... If I use my new scale of 4m (per level) and .5m (between levels) then I effectively reduce the size from 262 levels to 233, and because the very bottom of the tower is "uninhabitable" you can knock off about 10 levels there for 223. Still large, but whatever. Its fictional... Im happy with any scale... now that its more accurate to what I originally wanted.

Comment

That definitely is a nice ship Semmer. Its what a warship of the ancients should look like
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Well I'm in a slump right now but I thought you guys might like this link.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      How many polys?
                      It has 600k faces, but probably that has to be divided by 2 because it's a mesh, so I would say 300k polys.

Comment

its too amazing to describe

Comment

Ok, time for another update.

Ive completed the "bridges" that connect the control tower to the drive section... (sorry for the Trek-esq name, it was the best one considering its where the engines are placed...)

I also have a roughed out design for the engines with a tad more detail than before, not looking too shabby...

Hmm... Oh! I cant believe I almost forgot (wasnt looking at the model... so I didnt think of it...) extruded a little bit of the piers to give you an idea of what it will look like. Pretty similar to my old design... though, so far - a lot less errors... I hope to keep it that way.

With my original measurements, the model of the drive section is about 38 levels high.... + like... 6 levels for the engines... I think. Not going to measure just now.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
                            Ok, time for another update.

Ive completed the "bridges" that connect the control tower to the drive section... (sorry for the Trek-esq name, it was the best one considering its where the engines are placed...)

I also have a roughed out design for the engines with a tad more detail than before, not looking too shabby...

Hmm... Oh! I cant believe I almost forgot (wasnt looking at the model... so I didnt think of it...) extruded a little bit of the piers to give you an idea of what it will look like. Pretty similar to my old design... though, so far - a lot less errors... I hope to keep it that way.

With my original measurements, the model of the drive section is about 38 levels high.... + like... 6 levels for the engines... I think. Not going to measure just now.

Spoiler:

Say, that's mighty shinny.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            its too amazing to describe

Comment

Working...
                            X