This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    Yeah we know... what does 'wip' stand for anyway? I never could figure that one out.
    WIP = Work In Progress.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I've been running a Sci-Fi Alien Invasion pen-and-paper RPG campaign for a while. I've been building the universe for sometime now, and i'm currently working on making it into a Videogame.

In any case, this is one of several starships i've come up with for the HUman forces, so its based on a lot of different material from Stargate, to Battlestar, to Halo and even some Starship Troopers.

I've tryed some modeling with SketchUp, and although its ridiculously fun to construct my ideas and show them off, I unfortunatly don't have enough time to build them(grr.)

Spoiler:
      ========SC-024 Colonial Assault Cruiser========

The SC-024 'Assassin' is a new Cruiser designed as a support assault ship, accompanying either Starfighters, Capital Ships, or both into combat. The SC-024s are armed with a specific arsenal that allows them to fit a tactical niche. Its faster and has a more accurate, fast charging, FTL drive than that of the Leviathan class support cruiser. This allows the Assassin class cruisers to jump across the battlefield quickly to out flank and confuse enemy fleets. Its hardened plating is charged via electro oscillators to repell enemy energy weapons, making a lighter more durable armor.

The Dark Knight
      Type: SC-024 'Assassin' Class Assault Support Cruiser
      Tech Base: Colonial
      Length: 730m
      Crew: Roughly 1,100
      Capacity: 1,800
      Power: 1 Colossus-Class Tylium Reactor, 3 Goliath-Class Tylium reactors(2 main, 1 backup)

Propulsion
      4 Outboard Sub-Light Engine Pods
      2 Main Hull Booster Sub-Light Engine Pods
      30 Maneuvering Engines(10 clusters of 3 thrusters)
      *(0.7 x 0.85) FTL 'Jump' Drive
      *(2.0 x 0.685) FTL 'Jump' Drive(Backup)

Hull
      Electromagneticly charged Energy Resistant Titanium Laced Steel Plating Reinforced With Adamantium Skeletal system

Weapons
      -Offensive-
      16 Double-Barreled Antiship Turrets firing 305mm Adamantium Core Armor Piercing rounds
      20 Missile bays each equipped with Two T.S.M. 'Arachnid'-Class 340mm Adamantium tipped missiles
      6 Missile Tubes equipped with Brute-Class 300 Kiloton Nuclear Missiles
      1 XM-05 'Spartan V' Directed Energy Weapon Turret
      -Defensive-
      40 Double-Barreled Point-Defense Turrets firing High-Explosive Flak Rounds
      16 Missile bays containing A.S.W. 'Talon'-Class 178mm Anti-Starfighter Missiles

Hangar
      14 Launch Tubes
      3 squadrons of 12 ASF-87 fighters
      2 squadrons of 8 HGS-95 gun ships
      6 AHGS-1 'Humming Bird' Air Vehicles
      12 GPDS-2 'Pelican Mk. II' Drop ships
      12 HBE-30 'Komodo' Exo-Skeleton Suits
      8 M12 L.R.V. 'Warthog' Vehicles

Armory/Accessories
      35 M-87A1 Modular Assault Rifles(7.62x51mm)
      28 M12 Pump-Action Shotguns(12 Gauge)
      38 TAP-5 Sub Machine Guns(9x19mm)
      12 M-83 Magazine Fed Bolt Action Sniper Rifles(12.7x99mm)
      20 P-249 Machine Guns(9.5x40mm)
      60 Mk.99 Semi-Autmoatic Pistols(9x19mm)
      20 DRS-40 Personal Rail Gun(40x46mm)
      600 'Spyder' Protein-Polymer Body Armor Sets
      450 Ares Protein-Polymer Helmets with build in Smartlink Targeting Systems, Image Link, Land Warrior, and Full AR(Augmented Reality) Capabilitys
      700 Erika 'Elite' Commlinks
      100 Transys 'TruSite' Glasses with Full AR Capabilitys
      150 Pairs of AR Interaction Gloves

Standard Tech
      Beta-Ware FTL Plotting Programs
      DRADIS Scanners
      Augmented-Reality(AR) Ready
      Beta-Class Electronic Warfare Software and Equipment
      Life Support System
      Artificial Gravity Generators

"When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Yeah we know... what does 'wip' stand for anyway? I never could figure that one out.

Does anyone know what the radius or diameter of Atlantis is? I've heard a mention of 3km but I thought it was slightly larger than that.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to make a cylinder roughly the same size as the Atlantis city-ship and something about the size of a wraith hive ship and then compare them with the Deciolameth's
        Tower civilization ship along with the earth, or the moon, to show people just how massive the ship is. The Tower's dimensions are roughly 567.116km tall and 334.819km in width as well as length, just in case you were wondering.
        I was Just thinking about doing a scaling image for atlantis with the screens from 'quarintine'. And I just have to ask this, is your tower inspired from Stephen Kings series 'The Dark Tower'

Originally posted by youngtusk87 View Post
        I've been running a Sci-Fi Alien Invasion pen-and-paper RPG campaign for a while. I've been building the universe for sometime now, and i'm currently working on making it into a Videogame.

In any case, this is one of several starships i've come up with for the HUman forces, so its based on a lot of different material from Stargate, to Battlestar, to Halo and even some Starship Troopers.

I've tryed some modeling with SketchUp, and although its ridiculously fun to construct my ideas and show them off, I unfortunatly don't have enough time to build them(grr.)

Spoiler:
        ========SC-024 Colonial Assault Cruiser========

The SC-024 'Assassin' is a new Cruiser designed as a support assault ship, accompanying either Starfighters, Capital Ships, or both into combat. The SC-024s are armed with a specific arsenal that allows them to fit a tactical niche. Its faster and has a more accurate, fast charging, FTL drive than that of the Leviathan class support cruiser. This allows the Assassin class cruisers to jump across the battlefield quickly to out flank and confuse enemy fleets. Its hardened plating is charged via electro oscillators to repell enemy energy weapons, making a lighter more durable armor.

The Dark Knight
        Type: SC-024 'Assassin' Class Assault Support Cruiser
        Tech Base: Colonial
        Length: 730m
        Crew: Roughly 1,100
        Capacity: 1,800
        Power: 1 Colossus-Class Tylium Reactor, 3 Goliath-Class Tylium reactors(2 main, 1 backup)

Propulsion
        4 Outboard Sub-Light Engine Pods
        2 Main Hull Booster Sub-Light Engine Pods
        30 Maneuvering Engines(10 clusters of 3 thrusters)
        *(0.7 x 0.85) FTL 'Jump' Drive
        *(2.0 x 0.685) FTL 'Jump' Drive(Backup)

Hull
        Electromagneticly charged Energy Resistant Titanium Laced Steel Plating Reinforced With Adamantium Skeletal system

Weapons
        -Offensive-
        16 Double-Barreled Antiship Turrets firing 305mm Adamantium Core Armor Piercing rounds
        20 Missile bays each equipped with Two T.S.M. 'Arachnid'-Class 340mm Adamantium tipped missiles
        6 Missile Tubes equipped with Brute-Class 300 Kiloton Nuclear Missiles
        1 XM-05 'Spartan V' Directed Energy Weapon Turret
        -Defensive-
        40 Double-Barreled Point-Defense Turrets firing High-Explosive Flak Rounds
        16 Missile bays containing A.S.W. 'Talon'-Class 178mm Anti-Starfighter Missiles

Hangar
        14 Launch Tubes
        3 squadrons of 12 ASF-87 fighters
        2 squadrons of 8 HGS-95 gun ships
        6 AHGS-1 'Humming Bird' Air Vehicles
        12 GPDS-2 'Pelican Mk. II' Drop ships
        12 HBE-30 'Komodo' Exo-Skeleton Suits
        8 M12 L.R.V. 'Warthog' Vehicles

Armory/Accessories
        35 M-87A1 Modular Assault Rifles(7.62x51mm)
        28 M12 Pump-Action Shotguns(12 Gauge)
        38 TAP-5 Sub Machine Guns(9x19mm)
        12 M-83 Magazine Fed Bolt Action Sniper Rifles(12.7x99mm)
        20 P-249 Machine Guns(9.5x40mm)
        60 Mk.99 Semi-Autmoatic Pistols(9x19mm)
        20 DRS-40 Personal Rail Gun(40x46mm)
        600 'Spyder' Protein-Polymer Body Armor Sets
        450 Ares Protein-Polymer Helmets with build in Smartlink Targeting Systems, Image Link, Land Warrior, and Full AR(Augmented Reality) Capabilitys
        700 Erika 'Elite' Commlinks
        100 Transys 'TruSite' Glasses with Full AR Capabilitys
        150 Pairs of AR Interaction Gloves

Standard Tech
        Beta-Ware FTL Plotting Programs
        DRADIS Scanners
        Augmented-Reality(AR) Ready
        Beta-Class Electronic Warfare Software and Equipment
        Life Support System
        Artificial Gravity Generators

Might be alittle too powerful but it's your first, their all like that in the beginning. A Batman fan I persume?
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          I was Just thinking about doing a scaling image for atlantis with the screens from 'quarintine'. And I just have to ask this, is your tower inspired from Stephen Kings series 'The Dark Tower'
          I've never read any of Stephen King's novels and I've never heard of 'The Dark Tower,' so no it is not inspired by that novel.

The way I came up with my tower was when I was attempting to make a space station to put on this thread. I kept working on it until I felt it was pretty good and then I scaled it up, a lot. After that I realized that it couldn't have been built by the people of Earth so I basically put it aside, until now.

Does anyone have a texture that would make the
          Tower appear to be really big without it having to sit on something?
          Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 30 January 2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I've never read any of Stephen King's novels and I've never heard of 'The Dark Tower,' so no it is not inspired by that novel.

The way I came up with my tower was when I was attempting to make a space station to put on this thread. I kept working on it until I felt it was pretty good and then I scaled it up, a lot. After that I realized that it couldn't have been built by the people of Earth so I basically put it aside, until now.

Does anyone have a texture that would make the
            Tower appear to be really big without it having to sit on something?
            Oh, well this is how I saw it
            Book - giant tower = center of the universe
            Daryl - giant tower = something really important

For the scling I would suggest adding more detail to the model. Like have something that people know the size of on or around the model.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Oh, well this is how I saw it
              Book - giant tower = center of the universe
              Daryl - giant tower = something really important

For the scling I would suggest adding more detail to the model. Like have something that people know the size of on or around the model.
              that's what he's been saying, there's nothing big enough to campare

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                that's what he's been saying, there's nothing big enough to campare
                Except for large asteroids, moons, and small planets(like Earth).

I posted some comparison shots a little earlier if anyone missed them.

Comment

Except for large asteroids, moons, and small planets(like Earth).

I posted some comparison shots a little earlier if anyone missed them.
                  i know, it's so huge, if you ever complete taht model i'm giving it a place of honour on my desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    i know, it's so huge, if you ever complete taht model i'm giving it a place of honour on my desktop

If I ever am able to 'finish' it I'll make sure you are informed.

Here is a link to the models I have loaded into the 3D Warehouse so far.

I'll load the
                    Acumen a little later.

Here are a few pictures of three models, none of them are mine. The 302 model was made by ceasar, that's his name in the 3D Warehouse. The 322 model was made of course by ZakeD. And the 436 is a modified 322, made by Lt. Col. Mcoy.

The only fighter I did rescaling on was the 436 unmanned fighter which is about 3.5 times larger than when I got it.

This is the 302 model, same scale, that I used to make the estimates of the
                    Cob's total fighter compliment.

Spoiler:

Alright, here is an update on my Patrol Gunship. I've decreased its height and made it longer than it was before. With this new height, 14.61m, it is able to fit into the
                    Cob's Main launch deck, barely.

Spoiler:

I'll do updates later, comment as you please.
                    Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 01 February 2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

name: eds-101 eclipse
                      type:small intergalactic attack ship

defences:
                      asgard designed shield
                      25% trinium 30% aluminum 45% steel hull

weapons
                      4 ship to ship x-699 plasma weapons 2 doble barrel forward 2 single barrel rear
                      4 ship to ship 250 mm rail guns 2 forward 1 left 1 right
                      8 50 mm anti fighter railguns all round ship

engines
                      2 chemical engines
                      asgard hyperdrive double speed of daedalus due to ship size

power:
                      1 mk II naquadah generator
                      3 mk I naquadah generator

other:
                      tranport beams
                      rings
                      long range scaners
                      advanced targeting system

history:

the u.s daedalus class were being produced at 2 a year and the only way they seen able to make more ships faster was to let another country design there own ship and provide them with the needed materials to make it. They put names into a hat for the contry which would be choosed and britan was selected. They began work on the ships imediately.

The daedalus class ships had recently been upgraded with larger x-699 plasma weapons that are 50% the power of a hatak staff cannon. The eds-101 would be fitted with shightly small versions at only 30% but they would still pack a hefty punch.

The production rate on the eps-101 is 5 every 8 months. Which will provide earth with almost 7 a year. The reason being that the ships are much smaller and that the british govermant have put a lot of money and work into building the ships.

picture of 3 furing there left ship to ship rail guns and the forward plasma weapons.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                        name: eds-101 eclipse
                        type:small intergalactic attack ship

defences:
                        asgard designed shield
                        25% trinium 30% aluminum 45% steel hull

weapons
                        4 ship to ship x-699 plasma weapons 2 doble barrel forward 2 single barrel rear
                        4 ship to ship 250 mm rail guns 2 forward 1 left 1 right
                        8 50 mm anti fighter railguns all round ship

engines
                        2 chemical engines
                        asgard hyperdrive double speed of daedalus due to ship size

power:
                        1 mk II naquadah generator
                        3 mk I naquadah generator

other:
                        tranport beams
                        rings
                        long range scaners
                        advanced targeting system

history:

the u.s daedalus class were being produced at 2 a year and the only way they seen able to make more ships faster was to let another country design there own ship and provide them with the needed materials to make it. They put names into a hat for the contry which would be choosed and britan was selected. They began work on the ships imediately.

The daedalus class ships had recently been upgraded with larger x-699 plasma weapons that are 50% the power of a hatak staff cannon. The eds-101 would be fitted with shightly small versions at only 30% but they would still pack a hefty punch.

The production rate on the eps-101 is 5 every 8 months. Which will provide earth with almost 7 a year. The reason being that the ships are much smaller and that the british govermant have put a lot of money and work into building the ships.

picture of 3 furing there left ship to ship rail guns and the forward plasma weapons.
                        Spoiler:
                        Cool ship, do you want me to work on it, or is there someone already doing so?

Also Green for getting the color of the X-699 plasma cannons fire right, or at least close.

Comment

if you are up too it im happy with it te way it is but if you want to take it on im fine with that

Comment

if you are up too it im happy with it te way it is but if you want to take it on im fine with that
                            I'll be more than happy to work with it, if only for something new to do. However I would like to know how large it is and what you don't want done with it, if that's not too much trouble.

Comment

its about 2 and a half times the size of an alkesh and well nothing really get stuck into it

Comment

its about 2 and a half times the size of an alkesh and well nothing really get stuck into it
                                Alright I got the size, I'll try and figure out how big an Al'Kesh is, but what do you mean by "Nothing really get stuck into it?"

Comment

Working...
                                X