X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    Oh! AU! Anything goes!

Yes, I will write a story about how the Great Jedi Daniel Jackson leads a ragtag fugitive fleet from the evil Borg on his Flag Ship the White Star, through a Wormwhole into the Pokemon Galaxy where the Rangers fight the Evil Balrogs of Galadriel with the help of the East India Trading Company owner Captain Davy Jones in an epic battle of Yin and Yang, ending in everyone sitting down to eat fresh (and living) Gack pies in Hobbiton, while the Mimbari have Dinner with the friendly race of Elf-like Robots called the Cylons.

I will Call my Masterpiece: Crouching Pikachu, Hidden Sarcasm!
    Oh, man.
    That's hilarious! I love it!
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Oh! AU! Anything goes!

Yes, I will write a story about how the Great Jedi Daniel Jackson leads a ragtag fugitive fleet from the evil Borg on his Flag Ship the White Star, through a Wormwhole into the Pokemon Galaxy where the Rangers fight the Evil Balrogs of Galadriel with the help of the East India Trading Company owner Captain Davy Jones in an epic battle of Yin and Yang, ending in everyone sitting down to eat fresh (and living) Gack pies in Hobbiton, while the Mimbari have Dinner with the friendly race of Elf-like Robots called the Cylons.

Love it!
      Although the entire fleets are AU and most of the this thread is, but yeah i see your point and you make it in the most comical way i could think of. greened you
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Oh! AU! Anything goes!

lool You get green!
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Oh! AU! Anything goes!

I can't wait for the film adaptation.

But as many of you have pointed out this is a Stargate site and in a sub forum that discusses various technologies from the show, it's only natural that any original designs should be based on said technologies and not cross-over tech. If this was General Science and Tech then I would say that anything could go. (and no one likes over wanked ships. )

Ps thanks for the comments on my newest renders.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Yeah i mean in this subforum there are grey areas, the fleets the clear example of that. The technology used relates to the SG universe but the actually universe of the fleet is pretty uncannon. However because it is set within the unvierse that cannon is then its perfectly ok. And i would fight anyone who tried to move it, even though i have said its a piece of community fanfiction it does belong here.
            Crossing and merging the unvierses of star wars, star trek, Dr. who with stargate and dicussing it here isnt the same as developing the SG universe's technology in to another vessel or universe based on SG's. Theres a big difference and as a member of the largest STARGATE forum i think its a basic consideration when posting in any areas which havent been designated for discussions of other shows.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Oh! AU! Anything goes!

o.0

what did I start?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Oh! AU! Anything goes!

I know this is not my conversation, but now i know why you said no crossing universes.lolol this one was good. I mean it would be a good thing to put in your guide book. See, this way if you explain it this way in the guide book people might understand more why you and others don'e like crossing different shows together. I understand, but when i saw that gateworld also has different shows and to other trekkies they might think like i did when they see that the title says Original Starship Desighn. A lot of times in Star Trek shows they call their ships Star Ships. Anyways I'm glad u finally got reasoning into me. See ya on za forums.
                Or talk To Immhotep about it. Just in case your not Immhotep.

Comment

Originally posted by gatetrek2 View Post
                  ... I understand, but when i saw that gateworld also has different shows and to other trekkies they might think like i did when they see that the title says Original Starship Design. A lot of times in Star Trek shows they call their ships Star Ships.
                  You can design a ship from any universe and post it here( i have), stargate, star trek, BSG, star wars whatever, just don't merge technology thats all.
                  Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Yay i feel like ive done something positive, i got reasoning in to someone. Go me
                    Yeah design ships form another show and post them, but me aware that its obviously a stargate forum and while the admins respect the need for shows froums to service other shows and therefore have different sections. It doesnt mean the entire forum is a scifi free-for-all. And its likely that outside those designed non stargate play areas your introduction of other shows mythology isnt going to be greeted brilliantly.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                      Aries class Heavy Cruiser

Tech specs:
                      Spoiler:

Commissioning Date: 12 June 2078
                      (first ship of class)

Dimensions: (assuming Daedalus is 580m and Prometheus is 320m approx)
                      Length: 561.4 m
                      Width: 285.9 m
                      Height: 84.8 m

Hull:
                      Carbon/ Trinium/ Titanium/ Naquadah alloy hull. (6%, 12%, 70%, 12%)
                      30mm Reactive armor
                      220mm Naquadah/ Trinium armor

Personnel:
                      30 officers
                      250 enlisted personnel
                      100 marines
                      16 off-world personnel
                      up to 60 passengers
                      Total: 456
                      Max Emergency : 1200

Power plant:
                      2 tau'ri Naquadah/Deuterium fusion reactors
                      1 tau'ri Mk.IV Naquadah generator (back-up)
                      4 Mk.II naquadah generators ( 1 per plasma turret)

Propulsion:
                      2 Large Tau'ri Sub light engines
                      4 small Ion drives
                      1 tau'ri hyper drive window generator
                      4 reverse thrust ion drives
                      1 anti-gravity generator
                      37 maneuvering thrusters (not big enough to be seen on hull)

Weapons:
                      Main: 4 Double barrel plasma turrets
                      2 Heavy Magnetic Acceleration cannons (forward facing)

secondary:
                      Vertical launch missile system(16 hatches, 56 missles)
                      8 120mm double barrel rail-guns
                      6 120mm quad barrel rail-guns

Defensive:
                      22 30mm point-defense rail-guns

Defensive Equipment:

Mk. III shield grid
                      Transport inhibitors
                      Escape pods

Auxiliary craft:

12 F-302-As
                      4 F-306-Cs
                      2 transport shuttles
                      4 personnel shuttles

Other Equipment:
                      Energy/ Matter Replicating system
                      Mk. VI Computer core
                      Mk. IV secondary computer core
                      Sub-space communications system
                      EM - communications system
                      long-range sensors
                      Short-range sensors
                      Internal sensors
                      Diplomatic rooms
                      Large hangar (located ventral hull(bottom))

Spoiler:

What do you think of this? I'm pleased with it myself.

Is this so badly designed that it doesn't even deserve a single reply, not even someone telling me its a lump of crap... just wondering?
                      It would be nice to know if what I've done is at all any good.

sigpic

Comment

I like it Needs a history. But the model is good, needs some textures and the blue.white thing sorted but yeah its not bad atall. Could be worse.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          I like it Needs a history. But the model is good, needs some textures and the blue.white thing sorted but yeah its not bad atall. Could be worse.
                          Thats good to know, I did start doing the textures after i posted them images.

sigpic

Comment

Ok. Here's some WIP's of mine.

Double barrel ion cannon:

And a 300m long battleship (class?):

And her main cannons:

Comments and ideas are most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                              Ok. Here's some WIP's of mine.

Double barrel ion cannon:

And a 300m long battleship (class?):

And her main cannons:

Comments and ideas are most welcome.
                              The Models are very good. I think the bottom of your ship should have more detail and maybe something added to it. Also 300m is more of a cruiser than battle ship.

But very good the Ion canon is great
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

nice semmer, those turrets in the top pic look bloody nice

Comment

Working...
                                X