Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I tried modeling one of my ships, how do I upload them?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
      I thought maybe I'd post something about the biology and evolution of the Kvarnum, maybe some history, if you guys are interested. Maybe we could create a new thread, The Original Alien Creation Thread.
      Did anyone think this was a good idea? I haven't seen this done before, except for maybe the MW Bestiary, but this would be more aimed at sentient species. Let me know what you think.
      Last edited by jds1982; 08 October 2006, 11:57 AM.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

If it did though, that thing wouldn't feel it. So what is the purpose of the Athens, judging from the size I'd have to go with planetary invasion.
        planitary invation assult and long range patrolls

Comment

Did anyone think this was a good idea? I haven't seen this done before, except for maybe the MW Bestiary, but this would be more aimed at sentient species. Let me know what you think.
          I did this! hehe its one of my older threads; http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19022

Its got some good things in there, please add to it
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            I did this! hehe its one of my older threads; http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19022

Its got some good things in there, please add to it
            Thanks, I guess I'll be resurrecting that thread. I also see no reason why it got moved to fan fiction, the evolution of an alien species would fall under the auspices of science.

Comment

hey guys,
              Last night i rewatched promethius from season 6, in the episode i fonud out two interesting facts; the first is that i think i know what powers our ships. Naquadah fusion reactors, that is what is believed to have been getting built out in the desert.
              Second The Promethius traveled at 130,000 km/s,at sublight, which is half the speed of light according to Sam; If that is the case why are our ships comparitively snails? The ancients warship with ZPM was only flying at 0.9% light speed. which is much slower than the promethius..plot hole? i think so.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

c is 300,000 km/s approx, so it's actually about 40%
                Also the ancient ship in the return was travelling at 0.99c ie 99% c.
                So for the prometheus, it would take around 4/5 seconds to travel to the moon, but for the ancient ship it would take just under 2. Which is why it shot past the daeddy. Compare it to 2 trains, one being a normal intercity train at 80mph and the eurostar/tgv/bullet, travelling at 180mph.

Comment

ok but 40% light speed, thats stilll seriously fast!
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

IIRC they said 110,000mps(boo!). That's ~60 PSL.

Comment

Hi, as you might be aware im trying to make my new SG1 official profile related to ships and ship design, well as such if you have any images of ships you seem cool then i would love to see them and add them to a giant ship slightshow im going to be creating, now im going to have one with cannon ships and another with origional ones so if you have cool models of your origional ones then please post. This is just a request, also if you have any links to great images of ships (besides the scifiworld) then that info would be really helpfull. As far as i know i cant post the designs too, but i will be linking to this thread.

thanks for the help.

PS:
                      ive spent the last 40minutes trying to do a wraith hive ship, it just doesnt work! look! it just doesnt!

if anyone is albe to do a wraith hive ship in GS tey will get green every time i am able for eternity and my total abmoration to go with..its just impossible!
                      Last edited by immhotep; 09 October 2006, 04:55 AM.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Sound like a challenge to me, I wil the next few hours having at look google sketch and see if I can do one. It could take some time through. But do I have to use google sketch or can I use a other programme if I want.

Comment

anything, But i would like it if i can import it in to GS because i want to do mini battles of leviatohn vs hive etc and comparisons of hive and other ships.

BTW does anyone know where i can find JRPR's model of his serpent class to download, i would really like it but i dont think he hang here any more, if anyone could find it or has it or can make it then that would be great too.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

by the looks of that building a wraith ship is impossible on skechtup due to its organic apperance, round edges etc.
                            ]

Comment

HOLY CRAP THATS FREAKN A-SOME dude you are about to get somuch green

Comment

i didn't do it i was just demonstrating that building one would be extreme ly difficult
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X