Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose Cam, mainly because he should be leader of SG-1.
    sigpic

Comment

Mitchell, so that the structure of team remains true to the original formula.
      * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Definately think Sam Carter should lead. If Teal'c were in the military, he would make more sense than either Sam or Mitchell. But since he's not, she's got more experience, more intelligence (and how), and doesn't spend half her time acting like a git.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

What?
          Yeah... I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I would say Carter has the right to be team leader. After all, she has put the years in at the S.G.C. Plus, she’s vastly more experienced than Mitchell on off-world missions.

Or maybe they could use some discretion and agree on a team leader, depending on who's more suitable to lead the mission that’s been assigned to SG-1.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

How much Carter probably deserves the lead, I think Mitchell is a better choice. Mainly cause that way Carter can use her brains better. After all, she's the one who always comes up with the right ideas at the right time...

I don't think I'm making sense here....but it's just my idea...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i voted for carter.

- she has the most experience with field combat (excluding teal'c who unfortunately cannot lead the team because he is 1. not in the military, and 2. is part time on the jaffa council so may not always be there and 3. because his primary allegiance is to the jaffa cause). mitchells combat experience is in the air, not on the ground.

- sam has been with the stargate program longer than anyone on the team (even daniel), hence has the most practical knowlege.

- sam is usually the one to come up the the solution that works, and is more inclined to listen to the opinions of others.

- sam is more reliable, more stable, and has more sg team experience, and spent 7-8 years learning from the best.

- mitchell is unpredictable, unproffessional (in some cases), more juvinile, less professional, has yet to prove himself in the position of a leader on a field unit, has less experience, is too exciteable- almost like a season 1 daniel, and yes while he is somewhat fun, loveable and humourous in his wacky antics , he simply has not earned the right to be leader of the sgc's top team. he requested to be on sg-1, not leader of it, and it doesn't make sense for him to be in that position, considering that he is the same rank as carter, but lacks the neccessary experience.

- sam already lead the team for over a year.

shall i go on?

Comment

Carter - without a shadow of a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    i voted for carter.

- she has the most experience with field combat (excluding teal'c who unfortunately cannot lead the team because he is 1. not in the military, and 2. is part time on the jaffa council so may not always be there and 3. because his primary allegiance is to the jaffa cause). mitchells combat experience is in the air, not on the ground.

- sam has been with the stargate program longer than anyone on the team (even daniel), hence has the most practical knowlege.

- sam is usually the one to come up the the solution that works, and is more inclined to listen to the opinions of others.

- sam is more reliable, more stable, and has more sg team experience, and spent 7-8 years learning from the best.

- mitchell is unpredictable, unproffessional (in some cases), more juvinile, less professional, has yet to prove himself in the position of a leader on a field unit, has less experience, is too exciteable- almost like a season 1 daniel, and yes while he is somewhat fun, loveable and humourous in his wacky antics , he simply has not earned the right to be leader of the sgc's top team. he requested to be on sg-1, not leader of it, and it doesn't make sense for him to be in that position, considering that he is the same rank as carter, but lacks the neccessary experience.

- sam already lead the team for over a year.

shall i go on?
                    Please do.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Please do.
                      ok,

- someone else pointed out that if sam were the leader then that would be stupid because she'd be both the scientist, coming up with all the answers, and the leader, deciding to go with the answers, and that this wouldn't work as she wouldn't have to explain anything. this isn't true, it worked well enough in season 8. she would still have to explain it to the others, so that they might offer up another suggestion or play devil advocate.
                      also she would have to refer to daniel or teal'c sometimes for their field of expertise. believe it or not, sam doesn't always have the answers.

if sam were both leader and scientist, it simply means she could eliminate the middle man. she wouldn't have to go and say hey, can we do this? and then the leader says, well i don't understand what that is but are you sure it'll work, and then she says yes, and he say's well, i'm not sure, and she say's well there's always a chance it won't work but i'm fairly confident, and then he says, well ok, i guess we could try it if your sure, i'll go talk to landry about it.

as opposed to saying, hey i've got this idea and i think it'll work what do ya think, and the others say, well i'm not sure i understand it but i don't have another idea, so you're the boss, then she says great, lets take it to landry!

i'm rambling a little now, but anyway.

also!

- sam seems more inclined to listen to those under her command, whereas mitchell seems more inclined to say, "well i know you guys don't think this is a good idea, and even though you've been doing this for 9 years and i've been doing this for 9 months, i'm still going to do it, 'cause it looks like fun. besides, you guys always get out of trouble, so lets get into some!"

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I'd *prefer* Sam to be in command, especially as my faith in Mitchell has been knocked in the last few episodes.

But...

Sam *gave up* command of SG1, thus from the military's point of view forfeiting any chance she had of resuming command
                        No, SG-1 was disbanded. There was nothing to give up. Sam, Daniel and Teal'c all moved off to do something different. She did not forfeit anything, least of all resuming command when the team got back together again.
                        scarimor

Comment

Sam! she deserves it, she has more experience with the SGC, the situation, and her team, and she’s she's a stronger leader and soldier. Mitchell has portrayed himself as cocky, inept, and sometimes downright dense. He has nothing of real worth to offer the team, and is not more qualified in any relevant field than Sam (or Daniel or Teal'c).
                          IMO the entire situation was handled badly. Not only it is bad policy its also dangerous to offer someone a position simply to thank them. Mitchell has never been shown to have the credentials required to be leader of the SGC's flag-ship team. If this was civilian operation, it might be ok; let the new guy lead, and the veteran teach. But this is military, and the most capable needs to have the title, it’s the only way to maintain order. (and speaking of order, THERE IS NO CO-COMMAND IN THE MILITARY. ::recites:: Chief: no two officers or NCOs can occupy the same position in the chain of command at the same time, Chief!)
                          Just because SG-1 was disbanded, doesn't mean that Sam loses her CREDENTIALS that make her the best CO. Military politics does not dictate that she cannot be reassigned to command should the team be reactivated, regardless of who put the team back together.
                          TPTB should have written a storyline at the beginning of s9 that put Sam in charge. Even with her gone the first 5 eps, it wouldn't have been hard. I know for a fact (thanks to his lovely lectures on CoC) that my squadron commander would have shot Mitchell (and Landry, and TPTB) for what happened in Avalon. Shot them, demoted them, and subjected them to endless Complex Drill-offs, Log Cabins, and 17-55s.
                          But alas, Avalon is in the past. Even so, Sam is the person for the job, and she should get it. I don't think she would dominate the show, and I don't think we'd loose the tech angle (trust me, I'm a science geek and I care!). With Sam in charge again, the team can fall into the first-among-equals-this-is-our-opinion-for-our-expertice-but-it's-your-call-in-the-end approach. That way she wouldn't dominate and we wouldn't lose the tech (worked fine in s8). The only time that doesn't work is when there’s a person that a) is new and not used to it, b) that doesn't really have any expertise but gets lots of screen time anyway, c) the rest of the team doesn't trust, or d) is military and can’t/won't cope with it. all of which Mitchell is at this point, but doesn't need to remain in the future.

I’m not trying to offend anyone. Yes, Mitchell’s not my favorite (for the reasons stated above, and only those), and I love Sam (for some of the reasons stated above). That doesn’t mean I don’t think BB is a good guy, and a great actor. But as a fan of the show and a cadet airman, I just don’t like the way they’ve handled his intro. I wish I knew what TPTB had been (are) thinking with this season.
                          Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 18 February 2006, 09:26 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            No, SG-1 was disbanded. There was nothing to give up. Sam, Daniel and Teal'c all moved off to do something different. She did not forfeit anything, least of all resuming command when the team got back together again.
                            Yup, you're right.

When Mitchell was thrown in he was SG-Me, and had to find the remaining members of SG-1 and he almost had to beg to get them back together. TPTB almost had them going as if they didn't feel like getting back together. They were off on personal interests and missions.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Frankly, it's a joke that Mitchell is even in the position that he's in. I mean, actually think about the US government/military/whatever giving somebody a free pass to go wherever he pleases and do whatever he wants. I'm sorry, but they would not and should not be allowing this guy, or almost anyone else, to lead the primary, most-important four-man team of the SG program. I mean, his accomplishment doesn't even deserve that kind of reward. His pilots held Anubis' forces at bay long enough for Jack to save the galaxy... he did well, but I don't believe it warrants that sort of reaction from the government.

And to clarify, I really want to like Mitchell. I just find it impossible.
                              Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                              Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                Yup, you're right.

When Mitchell was thrown in he was SG-Me, and had to find the remaining members of SG-1 and he almost had to beg to get them back together. TPTB almost had them going as if they didn't feel like getting back together. They were off on personal interests and missions.
                                And that's just bizarre, given how close The Big 3 are. That was a mere precursor to the major lack of S/T/D interaction we've had all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X