This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by general ben
    how do u know that two ascended beings would lose immortality in order to descend someone i understood it as the collective could descend people if they stepped out of line.
    What do you not understand? Is it because I said 2 instead of all?
    I said 2 because 1 is not enough, 1 is just an eternal fight (see Oma vs Anubis) 2 is more than 1 and the one who is to be deascended I assume he wouldn't go without a fight. It's about quantity, in this case of energy. Whom is the bigger.
    Why would loose immortality? Because in their plain of existence there are no guns, no knives, only energy, their's. (assumption!) So what to fight with? With your own energy. And in doing so you would consume it. So you become lower (I'm not saying human).

Ok, I admit that this is theory may be flawed: first Daniel was descended (but we do not know the details of that); second I assume that all are equal on one plain of existence in matters of energy; third when the executioners deascend they might be brought back to the plain of existence they deascended from (but no higher being shall help a lower being to ascend - questionable in this case).

Now we only heard of the collective but not seen his actions (again we do not know the details). But whose to say it's a collective action in matters of deascension? Maybe all the collective does is vote and only a few do the dirty work (like in this plain of existence).
    Maybe because it would have required vital energy to fully deascend him Anubis was only half deascended. (Either that or a memento to Oma, not a punishment but a lesson to her.) What is interested is that anubis was assassinated centuries ago and only a few years ago appeared.

I hope I was clear enough.
    School is overrated.

Comment

it wasn't that your post wasn't clear it was that i always thought that the "collective" could descend people at will almost but your are right we have no knowlegde on how they work and we know that they only have descended anubis and assume it was to punish oma but it could be cause they only did enough to make him unable to effect things on thier level and didn't want to use their energy to fullly descend him. so i guess i see your points i just thought differently.

Comment

But what's interesting is how Anubis tricked Oma in to ascend him?

I have a theory (now with the Ori affair). Oma was an Ori. So she defected to the Alterans. And because she knew the Ori better than any Alteran would she decided that the best way to defeat the Ori would had required an army of ascended beings. Maybe that's why the Ancients didn't strike her down for ascending people, because her contribution to the war against the Ori was crucial (and because of the 2-ascended-needed-to-deascend-one thing if that is true).

Clues: she is the only ascended Ancient who was worshiped by mortals (as Mother Nature), and when I say worshiped I mean known as a godess.

note: the lady from Atlantis (Athair, I think) doesn't count (she didn't help anyone to ascend in Atlantis).
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ray245
          note. energy can neither be created or destroyed, and since ancient are energy are pure energy, they can't be destroyed.
          Energy can be destroyed. You just have to learn how to use it first. Just think how long your cellphone will last if we can figure out how to harness an ascended being and use him as a battery.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            Energy can be destroyed. You just have to learn how to use it first. Just think how long your cellphone will last if we can figure out how to harness an ascended being and use him as a battery.
            That's awesome! The ascended battery, it keeps going, and going...
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              No, energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can be converted, however, which is what happens when you power your cellphone. The energy is converted into light and sound, but it certainly does not just disappear. The same is probably true with Ascended beings. They cannot be destroyed per se, but they can be converted into matter. Living beings can be killed.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                They cannot be destroyed per se, but they can be converted into matter. Living beings can be killed.
                The question that comes into my mind is: And as beings of flesh and bones do they poses the knowledge to ascend again or they loose this ability?
                School is overrated.

Comment

Orlin couldn't ascend again without help from the Others. Other once-ascended beings most likely also lose this ability, and the Ancients certainly would not help them ascend again. Would the other Ori? Even if all the Ori weren't forcibly descended at the same time, they might stay descended. The Ori are power hungry. However, the remaining ascended Ori would probably see their impending doom and try to boost their numbers should the Ancients ever take action. The best plan would seem to be trying to descend all of the Ori at the same time.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I found out that they can be destroyed.

Here is the link

http://sg1.be.s1.free.fr/sg/media/do...ended-time.jpg
                    School is overrated.

Comment

When I started this thread I hadn't realised it would spark such a large debate!!!
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                        When I started this thread I hadn't realised it would spark such a large debate!!!
                        Congratulations! You were inspired when wuou chose to start this thread.
                        Some threads athough they might seem without the possibility to grow they beg to differ with your expectations.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                          No, energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can be converted, however, which is what happens when you power your cellphone. The energy is converted into light and sound, but it certainly does not just disappear. The same is probably true with Ascended beings. They cannot be destroyed per se, but they can be converted into matter. Living beings can be killed.
                          It my not just disappear, but it does get used. When my battery is dead I recharge it. So when my batery dies I will just put another Ori in it. Although my quess would be that one Ori could power a small city.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                            Here's an idea. What if Oma helped people to ascend because she wanted to be able to defend the Universe against the Ori but the other ascended prefered to just hide our galaxy from them and that's why she was a type of outcast. Comments?
                            An army of light vs the flaming Ori. Hmm....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                            X