This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarnin
    Of course you do, it's your idea! Opinions are subjective though, and I don't think the writers would agree with you. Of course that's just my opinion.

The Ori can't interfere in our galaxy because they'd "incur the wraith of the ancients". They can't interfere in the Pegasus galaxy either, because there are ascended ancients there as well.
    We don't have to fight the ascended Ori, and that has never been an option. The only thing we can do is fight the Priors and the followers of Origin, and that's exactly what is going to happen.
    True. Although, in order to win a war you must conquer the source. If you don't then all you did was end it for now.
    Eentually we will have to fight the Ori or they will keep coming.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      True. Although, in order to win a war you must conquer the source. If you don't then all you did was end it for now.
      Eentually we will have to fight the Ori or they will keep coming.
      And as things stand right now, that's a scary prospect. The Ori are going to be humanities greatest foe for a long time to come.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If Oma was ascending people to create an army, then wouldn't Daniel have known about the Ori? We've seen he can remember some of his ascended life. Certainly Replicarter would have found information on the battle with the Ori as she scanned his memories for something that could destroy the replicators.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

she didn't nessecarily tell everyone. also she could of been doing it knowing that one day the ori would find out about the milky way galaxy and wanted good people to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
            If Oma was ascending people to create an army, then wouldn't Daniel have known about the Ori? We've seen he can remember some of his ascended life. Certainly Replicarter would have found information on the battle with the Ori as she scanned his memories for something that could destroy the replicators.
            But Replicarter wasn't looking for the Ori or a greater enemy than the goa'uld, she was looking for something more specific.
            And a thing like the Ori wouldn't have been left in Daniel's subconscience by Oma. That information would have been too dangerous to be left there, after all humans are cat-like curious, and SG-1 is about exploration, meeting no cultures and ataining new technologies. The temptation would have been far to great for us not to be checked out.
            School is overrated.

Comment

note. energy can neither be created or destroyed, and since ancient are energy are pure energy, they can't be destroyed.

Comment

I see this thread...I see my grandmother with an army behind her...
                Dutch...grandma=Oma
                I'm tired.

Comment

Originally posted by ray245
                  note. energy can neither be created or destroyed, and since ancient are energy are pure energy, they can't be destroyed.
                  You forgot that everything changes, including energy. Energy could transform into matter or into another kind of energy.
                  And if you transform the energy from wich they are made of you destroy them or they might later be destroyed.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                    You forgot that everything changes, including energy. Energy could transform into matter or into another kind of energy.
                    And if you transform the energy from wich they are made of you destroy them or they might later be destroyed.
                    I was just thinking that. I wonder if the Ancients can decend someone against their will.

I know that Jackson decended but wasnt that what he wanted? maybe that would explain why Apophus couldnt be fully decended cause he faught against decention and the Ancients could only send him half way back.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      I was just thinking that. I wonder if the Ancients can decend someone against their will.

I know that Jackson decended but wasnt that what he wanted? maybe that would explain why Apophus couldnt be fully decended cause he faught against decention and the Ancients could only send him half way back.
                      Anubis was the half-descended Goa'uld, not Apophis. Also, Anubis had gained additional power from his worshipers. This power may have caused problems for the Ancients in the attempted full descension.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                        Anubis was the half-descended Goa'uld, not Apophis. Also, Anubis had gained additional power from his worshipers. This power may have caused problems for the Ancients in the attempted full descension.
                        but he didn't have worshiper until like 4 years ago they could have descend anubis right after they figured out what he was cause everyone thought he was dead on our plane so he wasn't being worshipped. of course this is just my opinion.

Comment

In The Ties that Bind, Grannus still had worshipers even though he was long dead. These worshipers were fanatic in their beliefs. Perhaps Anubis's were the same.

Comment

anubis's people were most likely taken by Ra and the other system lords as their slaves much as what happens when anubis lost to us and the system lords divided his teritory. of course there would be a few planets that might be looked over but for the most part i don't think there would be enough worshiper to zap life force out of to make him powerful enough to not descend with the power the others have.

Comment

Perhaps is not about how powerful Anubis had become , but about equilibrium. It's like libra (I hope is the right word). Anubis was on one end as ascended. It would had required one person (ascended) on the other end of the libra and another one (ascended) to balace Anubis off. So to descend him would had required 2 ascended persons. And if we are talking about masses those 3 would have to stay on the libra to mentain that state of the libra. But it is about energy. So energy would had to be used it would had to be transformed in order to descend Anubis. In other words 2 ascended would had had to sacrifice themselves in order to descend him, and those 2 would had lost immortality. And because immortality was the the most valued among the ascended no one would have been willing to lose that.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                                Perhaps is not about how powerful Anubis had become , but about equilibrium. It's like libra (I hope is the right word). Anubis was on one end as ascended. It would had required one person (ascended) on the other end of the libra and another one (ascended) to balace Anubis off. So to descend him would had required 2 ascended persons. And if we are talking about masses those 3 would have to stay on the libra to mentain that state of the libra. But it is about energy. So energy would had to be used it would had to be transformed in order to descend Anubis. In other words 2 ascended would had had to sacrifice themselves in order to descend him, and those 2 would had lost immortality. And because immortality was the the most valued among the ascended no one would have been willing to lose that.
                                how do u know that two ascended beings would lose immortality in order to descend someone i understood it as the collective could descend people if they stepped out of line.

Comment

Working...
                                X