Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replicators vs Goauld (spoilers season 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess he's old, since he's now on his 2nd body!
    __

__

Comment

Hahaha... hey, has it specifically been mentioned this is his 2nd body? I would think that being Supreme Commander, that he has been around quite awhile like some of the older Goa'uld, not to mention lived through multiple bodies. In his position, I would imagine past battles have killed him... although he lives another day. I wonder if subsequent bodies experience any mental deterioration as it's implied there is certainly physical wear and tear.

I guess the Asgard aren't big on apprenticeship much because of the cloning, i.e. there was an older Thor who passed his name to the present one like The Flash of DC Comics fame. Or Robin
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        He is old isn't he? Haha... He needs to exersize his legs!
        Mwahaha... yeah, he needs to go jogging with Heimdall more! The Heimy is hyperactive, holy moly!
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yeah, O'Neill said the following

O'Neill - "I though you were going for a new body"
          Thor - "I did"

I can't remember which episode it was from though
          __

__

Comment

611 Prometheus

Comment

Why didn't the Asgard just blow up the sun (as done by sg1)and catch any rep ships which are trying to leave
              Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
              O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Just because SG-1 managed to do this, doesn't necessarily mean that the Asgard will. Besides, the Asgard would have to abandon their part of the galaxy
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Just because SG-1 managed to do this, doesn't necessarily mean that the Asgard will. Besides, the Asgard would have to abandon their part of the galaxy
                  So your saying the Asgard won't do it, or they can't do it, because the way you worded your sentence, it sounds like... Just because SG1 was able to blow up the sun (managed to do this), doesn't really mean the Asgard will (doesn't nexessarily mean that the Asgard will), so i'm just little confused
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm saying that the replicators are CURRENTLY only in the Asgard galaxy. If they wanted to blow up their sun, they would have to leave their galaxy, and I don't think they will
                    __

__

Comment

Oh, i would think the Asgard would sacrafice their galaxy and leave it if it will destory something as deadly as the replicators permanately, but maybe not, just guessing

Comment

Maybe. I just think they wouldn't unless it was their ONLY option
                        __

__

Comment

I mean, what other options do they have that they haven't tried already? Maybe there are more, but what if they finally do that little blow up the son option, and before they did that, it would be the cost of alot of deaths that could have been prevented, but if they really wanted to stay in their galaxy, because for some reason (homeworld i guess?), i guess attempting other options would be the best...

Comment

It may be their only option, but they are already a dying race
                            __

__

Comment

Which in my opinion is the better reason for the whole 'blowing up the sun' idea, because they are exactly what you said, "a dying race".

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. However, I think the majority wouldn't want to go away, so they really wouldn't

Who knows, but it's a interesting theory. But will that really destroy all the replicators? They've survived that big crash into the ocean
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X