Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of Stargate SG-1 my opinion on whats going to happen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I understand the desire some people have for closure, it is a desire that I do not share. Keeping the ending open leaves room for the imagination. You can write fanfic or hope for additional spin-offs or simply imagine what could continue to happen in the Gate Universe. After all in OUR Universe lives, careers, civilizations, and history, hasn't come to an end in 10 or 15 years.
    Michael Shanks in Local Custom~Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

well I mean they can have closer on the story and still leave it open enough for another show down the road. Off the top of my head I can say (something like what the game is going to offer) After the Ancients sacrificed themselfs to fight the Ori in a never ending war they no longer had the power to contain an Ancient enemy that the Ascended Ancients where keeping in some sort of stasis. There you have it another 9 years of doing battle with this new enemy! what im really trying to say is you can have closer on a TV show and it will still be open for new shows in the future

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Not so much how SG is going to finish but in the future:

the stargate itself has seem to become obsolete!

source: in 1969 when SG1 sent to the future the entire gateroom, including the gate and the entire cheyenne mt complex is abandoned!

far......far into the future
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I did a thread months ago that was titled 'To defeat the Ori' it talked about theories and ideas on how and what it will take to defeat the Ori.

One of the few different theories I came up with personally, was that the Ori will force some of the Ancients to go back to a corporeal existance to either help us or join in on defeating the Ori. This theory I came up with was contemplated before the start of season 9, so I had'nt seen the Ori yet. After watching a half season of the Ori, your theory Tony, of the Ancients meeting the Ori on a ascended plain to do battle sounds more like what TPTB might do compared to my early theory. I knd of like your twist on how the defeat of the Ori might occur. Although I would now like to see us (the Tauri) with some help from our friends (Asgard, free Jaffa) destroy those evil freaks without any Ancient help.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

TO BE CONTINUED (like Farscape)

Or(i)

THE END

(of SG-1)
            School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
              Not so much how SG is going to finish but in the future:

the stargate itself has seem to become obsolete!

source: in 1969 when SG1 sent to the future the entire gateroom, including the gate and the entire cheyenne mt complex is abandoned!

far......far into the future
              That was only a possible future. Now that maybe will never happen due to the Moebius intervention in the past.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Stargate the show will become obsolete. People will stop watching and no one will remember what actually happend in the show.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Stargate the show will become obsolete. People will stop watching and no one will remember what actually happend in the show.
                  Why are you so pessimistic??
                  School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                    Why are you so pessimistic??
                    It involves spoilers and rumors, and if you don’t know then I will not ruin the blissful ignorance I wish I was still living in.... I really need to stop coming to this website.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

When SG-1 will end it will be naturally or abrubtly (to be continued), trust me when people will show loosing interest in this show Sci Fi won't wait to much to cancel it no matter what, because all they care about is ratings ---> $$$$.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        It involves spoilers and rumors, and if you don’t know then I will not ruin the blissful ignorance I wish I was still living in.... I really need to stop coming to this website.
                        I heard quite a few rumors that made me worry about the cast and the way Sci Fi is trying to enforce its vision to the producers, but they are only rumors and untill what you know becomes official then.... .
                        But until then don't worry, it may all prove to be just for keeping our interest alive for SG-1 (BTW they don't need to that for me I will still be interested in SG-1). And remeber rumors are the lack of real news, to keep our minds preocupied until the real news are released.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Something will have to happen, I don't think the Ori will ever give up now that they know of the milky way.
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                            TO BE CONTINUED (like Farscape)

Or(i)

THE END

(of SG-1)
                            I like the first one.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

well thats why I put my thoughts about how it would end in. You are absolutly right the Ori will never give up unless we kill them or do the same thing that we did with the goauld and the jaffa convinced the warshipers that the Ori are not gods. I dont see that happening again just because it would not make for a good story we already seen that happen.. this time its not going to be that easy. Thats why I think the Ori and the Ancients will get put into a arm wrestling match between the both of them and it will never end!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
                                I agree with you there, that episode while being visually striking and dramatically thrilling also set up a believable premise for creating a weapon to give SG1 some kind of chance when they do meet up with a Prior. Previously to this the threat of the Ori seemed insurmountable.
                                Hehehe, this makes me think that in order to beat a Prior, all you have to do is pull a Marty McFly:
                                *points with hand at something behind Prior*
                                "Hey! What's that over there!?!?!?"
                                *Prior turns around and looks in that direction, catching 50 P-90 bullets in the back*

Either that, or call the Ghostbusters like a couple of other people said. They beat a supposed god in the first movie... just make some room in the containment unit for all the Ori. Just don't cross the streams... it would be bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X