Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, but then, the meteor that struck the earth was roughly the size of Rhode Island
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

But it was one rock, rather than a sustained pounding with heavy plasma weapons. Given what we've seen Goa'uld scanners pick up, I can believe that a Tollana unprepared - as they were - could be annihiliated by Tanith's attack.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yes, but, like I have said, what if some of the tollans were smart enough to use their handheld devices that utilize the phase-shifting technology. The Goa'uld scanners might not be able to pick up the phased life scans.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
          Yes, but, like I have said, what if some of the tollans were smart enough to use their handheld devices that utilize the phase-shifting technology. The Goa'uld scanners might not be able to pick up the phased life scans.
          Well, the security forces who would actually have the phase shift devices would be in the principle targets - government buildings and so forth - and thus be dead before they knew anything was coming. Moreover, Tanith could basically keep blasting away until all that was left was a smoking crater thirty miles across.

The real point is that the Tollan weren't prepared for war. They didn't expect attack; you could see that only a handful like Narim did anything but panic.

Anyway, the PTB seem pretty much done with the Tollan, so that's that. They will live on only in the realms of fan fiction.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Well, Narim and others on the Curia, including Omac and the others found in Enigma seemed to possess the phase-shifting hand device. So there were probably a lot more that had them, but because they werent real "strategic thinkers", they probably didnt think to use them.

Comment

I think all of the Tollen were politicians. Nareem was Omocks assistant, what was Omock? Why did he need an assistant? He (Nareem) just said things in a really great voice, was always calm and was wicked handsome. It sort of seemed like all the Tollen were just really soft spoken folks who did some vague technological thing.Why not.

Comment

Omac was some key role on the Curia, especially when it came to the Ion Cannons and such. He was also a part of the team that was left behind to destroy the stargate back on tollan. Narim was his assistant, and also caregiver to his personal affects, including his health implant. They all seem like politicians, which is why they were doomed to destruction. Thats what happens when you let politics, not the military and politics, run government.

Comment

I think it is always a mistake to let politicians and military run the government.

Comment

LOL if the politicians don't run the government then who does?
                    sigpic

Comment

Scientists and computer geeks, in a technocracy
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

so, what, only the coke-bottle glasses and only the smartest and geekiest can be the true ruler? sounds like a geek-tyrancy

Comment

Reminds me of that one episode of "Sliders" where Quinn turns out to be "the Wizard" who basically runs everything. Kind of a "Wizard of Oz" thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X