Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Asgard finally found a solution to their cloning problems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    They may have cremated her body because of the virus, or they may have shipped her out to Area 51 for study...
    I'm more on the side of the cremation, because i'm not sure about studying a body that can make you catch a disease...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      I'm more on the side of the cremation, because i'm not sure about studying a body that can make you catch a disease...
      People at the CDC and similar places study violently contagious, deadly viruses all the time, even in their "raw" form. Studying an infected alien body wouldn't be that much different... and it might help lead them to a cure, in case the disease ever appeared again.

Or, it could be investigated and modified into a bioweapon... which is probably what it was in the first place...

Comment

Poor Jonas. I sensed that Aiyana liked him too
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          People at the CDC and similar places study violently contagious, deadly viruses all the time, even in their "raw" form. Studying an infected alien body wouldn't be that much different... and it might help lead them to a cure, in case the disease ever appeared again.

Or, it could be investigated and modified into a bioweapon... which is probably what it was in the first place...
          Oh yes, those dirty CDC, forgot about those people... I think the bioweapon part is an also clever thought... Hmm, those naughty 'bioweapon' thinker makers!

Comment

Jonas is very happy with his "research assistant" at Stargate Command.

And to drag this back on topic...

Have we figured out why the Asgard are interested in human genetics, anyway? Does that imply that we share enough in common with them on a genetic level to be of potential use to them? Hmmm... ignoring for the moment the possiblility of Asgards snatching humans and downloading themselves into them, I wonder if this means that there IS something to that question of whether the Four Races are a lot more closely related than we realize.

Maybe each race represents an iteration of an original stock race. First time around, they look like the Ancients, next time the Asgard, next time the Furlings, then the Nox, then humans... I wonder how all the other aliens fit into the Big Picture...

Or maybe it's just another example of parallel evolution.

Comment

Good theory Maybe the 'human' body is just more compatible or something, compared to the other kinds of species' bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                Maybe the 'human' body is just more compatible or something, compared to the other kinds of species' bodies?
                But WHY? We aren't even from the same planet (at least as far as we know). How can we have that much genetically in common with an alien species?

Comment

But WHY? We aren't even from the same planet (at least as far as we know). How can we have that much genetically in common with an alien species?
                  Its one of those 'unexplained' things, but maybe its what 'they prefer' or something.

Comment

Yeah some origins of stuff should not be revealed because as I think Trance Gemini from Andromeda said (someone help me with the exact quote here), "Mystery is my powerful ally!"
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                      Yeah some origins of stuff should not be revealed because as I think Trance Gemini from Andromeda said (someone help me with the exact quote here), "Mystery is my powerful ally!"
                      In my opinion, there's a fine line between "mystery for the sake of plot development" and "mystery because TPTB don't know what they're doing" and I'd like to have a few more answers so I can determine which category Stargate falls into.

Comment

In my opinion, there's a fine line between "mystery for the sake of plot development" and "mystery because TPTB don't know what they're doing" and I'd like to have a few more answers so I can determine which category Stargate falls into.
                        Maybe you should make your own sci-fi show It'll show them!

Comment

Hahaha... well to be fair, I'd like to see more Asgard home life yeah -- and how Thor spends his days off-duty, that IS a valid question. Just because they're aliens doesn't mean they get off-time And maybe a backstory saying how HE got to be Supreme Commander and all, I mean, he must have come to this rank after a long time because he passes from one clone body into another. Maybe they could give Earth some cloning advice about "ethics" and stuff. Or another episode with Thor's name in it like the preceeding "Hammer" and "Chariot" to finish off the trilogy, ex. Thor trusts O'Neill and the Tau'ri enough now to reveal the secret history of the Asgard to them.

I don't like when TPTB don't know what they're doing either, kind of sad and it negates the value of the show for me.
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                            I don't like when TPTB don't know what they're doing either, kind of sad and it negates the value of the show for me.
                            How exactly do you guys know when 'they dont' know what they're doing'? Well nevermind, i can see how you guys can get to that conclusion

Comment

Since it occurs to me that I may not have actually answered the original question... even if the Asgard found a solution, I don't think they'd be any more helpful to us. Finding a solution to the problem isn't the same as the problem being solved and I don't think that they should have to come running every time we have a problem. How are we as a species going to learn to cope with our place in galactic society if we cry for help at every little issue?

I wish that genetics in general would be more thoroughly dealt with on the show- where these "rare genes" that some humans have came from, why the Asgard are looking to humans to help with their own problems and exactly what-all happened to the Ancients. I'm also intensely curious about Jonas's role in things and whether or not ALL the people of his planet are "different" or if there's something particularly unique about Jonas himself, but I've pretty much resigned myself to never getting any answers to THAT. *sigh*

Comment

Well, it just came to me, in one episode or so, not sure which one, its giving me a headache to think, maybe once humans have evolved further, or something, the Asgard will be able to solve their problem. I do agree, i'm not really sure what differently Asgard can do once they find a solution to their problem(s).

Comment

Working...
                                X