This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit
    I gotta say the idea of a firey event horizon really interests me, wuld be sumthing new and different.
    I agree, and of course a vortex of fire when you dial up the gate, that woud be very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherNumsey
      Maybe because sending ships takes longer, and sending someone throught the stargate is much more easy.
      For one thing, they already know that the Earth gate has a shield (iris) around it, so they can't just send an army to Earth (their one viable enemy thus far).

For another, ships can blow up cities from space, and carry other large weapons or objects that couln't fit in the gate. Armies have to fight hand to hand.

It's probably also very hard to open a galactic gate over that distance long enough to send tens of thousands of troops through.

The gate was probably in or near the city. "Meet me by the Porticul of Light, on the Hour of Bligh"... Sounds like a gate to me.

X

Comment

well, since we are talking about ascended beings that know al there is to know about the universe and can do a lot with their abilities, the orii could have just built a ring of stone and used their powers to make a wormhole and send the prior through.

and that could also be an excuse for a blazing event horizon !!

or, and this is something i would love to see, they have a 'designer' stargate, like their white transportation rings. and it would probably be located in the city of the gods so that they could send their priors through to others worlds if needed without the local population gathering too much freedom.

Comment

Working...
        X