Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need to reveal it at the time where this would be on thing not to panic about. However, I do agree with what you said
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
      The battle took place entirely over Anartica, so chances are high that NOT a lot of civilians saw it. The jellyfish thingies were probably not visible to the closest town.
      Towns ? On Antartica ? I don't think so !
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

There are sort of research stations, but not towns, I agree.
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
          Actually, revealing the stargate now, it would cause even bigger problems from our own population.. Mainly hysteria, mass panic, betrayal, and corruption. ...
          Pray tell, when would be the right time to reveal it? After the Goa'uld finally land an invasion force? After the Goa'uld blow away a city or two from orbit? After the Goa'uld sneak in a few symbiotes and starts taking over important people in government and industry?

Now— or maybe never? There may not be a "better time" to reveal it in the future.

Comment

I agree, the only time it will be revealled if aliens land on Earth and are actually seen by a load of people
            __

__

Comment

Well, seeing as how the general public has accepted virtually every cover story, even when Earth was on the brink of destruction, like the Asteroid and Anubis' fleet, they still didnt need to reveal it. And they also destroyed Apophis' originally invasion motherships, and they bought it as just 2 fires in the night sky.

I think it will get to the point in which we will meet a race, in a similar manner as the Aschen, who will only ally with us if we reveal the stargate, but by then, the Goa'uld would either be destroyed, or no longer a serious threat. I think the writers will eventually play in an episode that basically plays out like 2010, but with a happier ending. though, if this is the last seasion, it kind of makes ya wonder if they will end it with a cliff hanger of actually revealing the stargate.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I can't believe some of the cover stories and they were actually BELIEVED. So stupid! lol
                __

__

Comment

I agree, some of those cover stories were a little hard to swallow. At teh very least, the other nations had to at least suspect something very fishy was going down at Chyene Mountain.

Comment

Well you figure that besides the actual story, they gave "evidence" to support their story, though the Chinese gov't had threatened to come forward with info that would contradict one of the stories in "Disclosure".

And for the comment about Cheyenne Mountain, my guess is that most countries don't even know about even the cover story about deep space radar for it, more less an alien device that can make us visit a handful of planets that we can actually see from our solar system, and those that we can't see.
                    Last edited by Andy867; 23 July 2004, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                      ...I think it will get to the point in which we will meet a race, in a similar manner as the Aschen, who will only ally with us if we reveal the stargate, but by then, the Goa'uld would either be destroyed, or no longer a serious threat.
                      I'd much rather like to see the series end with Earth proving its worth to the galactic game by rising up in strength and wisdom to stand against the Goa'uld through actions brought upon by themselves, not propped up by some deus ex machina device that makes everything all fine and dandy in the last 10 minutes of the last episode.

I'd like to see an ending where Earth is the hero (at least one that is on the rise), not the mere weepy-eyed victim that has to be saved by other heroic people.
                      Last edited by Rhydderch Hael; 23 July 2004, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Well, when compared to the Wraith, the Goa'uld are nothing more than a local bully. Plus I am sure that there is a species that will make even the goa'uld piss their pants.

Comment

The Gou'ald are bullies and so are all the races really including us. We do round killing them, but in defense of course!
                          __

__

Comment

Where was it I heard that everything is afraid of *something*? hehehe

Anubis
                            sigpic

Comment

All bow to your master! lol *me*

Good old Anubis!
                              __

__

Comment

the governments worked together to tell their people it was just liek a meteor shower, but guess what I was in Antartica a few months ago it was no metor shower.. Dun dun dun loljk to fricken cold for me to goto.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                                X