Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the White House Administration will just say that they are looking into it more and will produce more news soon
    __

__

Comment

Maybe no one was on Antartica, there is not always people there and when there was there are only a few in a base.

Metor shower can damage satelites, they do a lot, but not destoy all of them.

Maybe season 8 will deal with it.
      Last edited by David85; 17 June 2004, 10:06 AM.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I think you could have seen the blue explosion on the other side of the planet, not just in Antartica. My guess is Covenant and New Order will deal with this
        __

__

Comment

Except it wasn't just a ship.. An entire Task Force was wiped out.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You're right, on both sides

Anubis' fleet, and the navy fleet, people would start asking some questions
            __

__

Comment

It won't be revealed, StarGate needs episodes dealing with the outside world. StarGate: Atlantis and the whole program running it wouldent survive all the protests of hipies and stuff if the secret came out, and then like in the Secend episode of South Park with starvin marvin in space, the church found out about the marklar planet and tried missionary work there. Even though south park is a even farer cry from reality then StarGate, they had a point. The pope would send out missionarys like crazy to the GSC trying to convert Jaffa or soemthing. It wont happen, mabye on the last episode of Atlantis, but the spin off of atlantis, StarGate:The Legend of El Dorodo will take the spot light away.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Of cousre it won't be revealled until they can be certain the threat is not at large. This is the only way they'll go public
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Of cousre it won't be revealled until they can be certain the threat is not at large. This is the only way they'll go public
                  Spoilers Highlight:
                  -----
                  Well by the sound of Season 8, we're safe now (relativly). Your namesake is dead, at least we think so, we may get an alliance with Yu, the replicators are probably gone. In Stargate terms we're turning in to a regular British Empire (1800s that is).
                  -----

Ok picture this, a Naquaha generator capable of generating power for a ship the size of Rhode Island, orbiting over the Equator (IIRC). Now take that ship and hit is with thousands of controllable energy......things. BIG EXPLOSION. H-bombs can be seen from space without aid, I figure a generator that massive has got to be big enough to be seen from the surface. Despite being day time.

Also, about the power grid, here's a sketch I came up with to address this about two power plant workers:

"Harry while you were out there was a little accident"

"Did the toilet overflow AGAIN!?"

"Yep. I had to leave and get the plumber so could you get me some Dr. Pepper for when I get back? Oh and by the way as I left the all the power plants in California were taken out by huge rays of light hitting them, so looks like we're working over time. I do have good news though."

"The government assured you it was a meteor and are compensating us with quadrupole pay?"

"No, I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico!"

It would be funny or heartening to hear a news report from post-informed world. Think of it, how could we fight our petty squabbles when we must fight an enemy that doesn't just want to destroy our culture and heritage, but now wants to see us dead?

"The invasion of Ba'al's home world began this morning. Joint forces consisting of Russian, Unas, English, Jaffa, Chinese, Tok'ra, Iraqi, and U.S. forces landed on the southern continent and are attempting to capture the Stargate. The force is commanded by Brigadier General Davis. The surface bombardment lead by Lord Yu is keeping friendly casualties to a minimum. For more information and live reports from out out-of-this-world correspondents please go to our website. In other news, it's been over a year since the lost correspondence from the Atlantis team, President Hayes met with the families today in a gesture to support his new campaign slogan 'The Universe or Bust'"

Now I would LOVE to see that on film.
                  Last edited by MadJaffa; 21 June 2004, 11:54 PM.
                  Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                  Daniel: Niet.
                  Jack: Daniel!
                  Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                  -1969 (221)

Comment

Hehehe. Maybe! lol But who knows if we're safe
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Insano
                      How is the SGC going to cover up what happened during the finale of S7?
                      The US government is quite proficient at covering things up. This has been poven many times over the years...Area 51 and Abu Ghraib come to mind rather quickly. Hiding the SGC and the Existance of the Goa'uld, Asgard and other races involved should be pretty easy.
                      Last edited by Elmseeker; 22 June 2004, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Um those "Weather ballons" were in isolated locations in Nevada and they crashed and did not go nova and there was only one and it was an isolated event and if "they" were tring to kill us they weren't doing a good job and...

Need I go on?
                        Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                        Daniel: Niet.
                        Jack: Daniel!
                        Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                        -1969 (221)

Comment

Originally posted by Elmseeker
                          The US government is quite proficient at covering things up. This has been poven many times over the years...Area 51 and Abu Ghraib come to mind rather quickly. Hiding the SGC and the Existance of the Goa'uld, Asgard and other races involved should be pretty easy.
                          Actually the fact we know about both Area 51 and Abu Ghraib is evidence that the government is very, very bad at covering things up. If it was good at it we'd never have heard of either place.

Comment

I must admit, after something has gone to Area 51, we don't really see it again!
                            __

__

Comment

Why.

Why?

WHY!?

A Goa'uld master of a fleet of heavily-armed warships just rolled up to your welcome mat. The only thing that made them go bye-bye was a clearly fluke occurence that will not be easily repeated. And next time, the bad guys will prepare for it!

So, your dear little planet is in deep waters now. The rest of the galaxy now thinks Earth is a considerable player in galactic politics.

Jack once said "We're not that big of a nuisance yet..."

Well, I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, man, but those days have long passed us by. The Goa'uld now do have at least one eye focused on Earth.

So, WHY try and keep the Stargate a secret? NOW is the time, not fueled by political convenience but by the desperate neccessity for the survival of this planet, to bring the resources, intellectual innovation, and manpower of the entire planet (all six and half billion peoples' worth) in on the game.

I mean, if they hush it up now, it's only going to get worse as the time between when they should have revealed all and the time they actually reveal it grows longer and longer. Bad news never gets better with age.

Even an attempt to cover this up brings the show ever closer to jumping the shark. How plausible are the governments' stances are going to be, given the pressures of alien conquest now mounting?

C'mon, writers! It's the last season for SG-1! Put the damned thing on broadcast news!

Comment

Actually, revealing the stargate now, it would cause even bigger problems from our own population.. Mainly hysteria, mass panic, betrayal, and corruption. What needs to happen is to have say the furling make first contact with us in a fashion similar to that of Star Trek: First Contact in which things went better that way than having your government annouce that we are at war with an alien species that is more advanced than us in virtually every way, and has nearly wiped us out a dozen times.

Even with Anubis, it was simply SSDD (same sh*t, different day), I mean, the closest we came to annihilation was from Anubis, but right behind him is Apophis, followed by Sokar.
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X