This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
    I don't know about the rat in mace thing. I don't feel my eyes burning, and my sinuses aren't draining.

One thing, I, and probably many others, are thinking "Who would win if the two battled?" But I realized, the question is "Who's worse?" So what are we defining as worse?
    O, And I corrected the mace thing. My bad!!!
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Ori are a worse threat to us. The Asgard and the other allies in the Milky Way united MIGHT be able to fight them off. With the Ori, they unleash a plague on our planet, have a galaxy of followers that will happily kill any disbelievers and have the technology to quite effectively do so. Ori>Wraith in terms of threat to Earth.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

As uknesvuinng (I hate typing out that and I hate copy N pasting it as well. Sorry dude) said, there are two questions.

1. Who is worse?
        MEANING: Who is more evil, more inclined to not give mercy, is ruthless, kills for joy and without function.

Therefore, the Ori are worse than the Wraith.

The Wraith do not kill. They eat. They eat as a function to survive. They are merely surviving by eating others. There is no such thing as mercy in their book because its either death by starvation or food. There is no joy in killing and therefore THERE IS NO EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it? Good.

2. Who is Stronger?
        MEANING: Who can bench press more without the use of creatine? Also, who would win in a battle amongst each other and other races.

This question can be split into 3 miniquestions.

a. Who can benchpress more?
        We dont know whether the Orii can assume a corporeal form or not like the Ascended Ones (Im assuming the Ascended Ones are called Alterans). If they can, then they can increase their strength to win. The Wraith, also have much increased strength, but if the Ori can take corporeal form, then they win.

b. Who would win against each other?
        The Wraith would be incapable of beaming the Orii and probably the Priors aswell (they can spontaneously combust). Therefore, the Wraith cannot find out strategic info. Also, we do not know about the ship capabilities of the Ori. Maybe the Ori can appear in space and blow up armadas of ships? Or maybe they cant. Maybe the Priors are capable of that, ONCE they get into the ships. We simply dont know. But I put my money on the Ori.

3. Who would win against others.

The Wraith only won against the Ancients through surprise and the Ancients were already devastated by the plague from the Ori (It's assumed and apparently rumored). The Ancients did not have the time nor material to create enough weapons to defeat the Wraith.

It's like having 4 bullets in a gun left with a chance that more bullets lying around on the ground somewhere and maybe a grenade here and there AND 10 grizzly bears attacking you. You manage to beat grizzlys but it cost you your fibula. All of a sudden, 20 grizzly bears attack. Damn.

We dont know 100% but put your money, house and little male children on the Orii.

Comment

Yup...the Ori are more powerful in every aspect. This thread is like a joke. The Wraith would get owned by the replicators, and the Goa'uld would do a tiny bit of damage. The Ori are supposed to beat the crap out of the Replicators and Goa'uld combined.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
            As uknesvuinng (I hate typing out that and I hate copy N pasting it as well. Sorry dude) said, there are two questions.

1. Who is worse?
            MEANING: Who is more evil, more inclined to not give mercy, is ruthless, kills for joy and without function.

Therefore, the Ori are worse than the Wraith.

The Wraith do not kill. They eat. They eat as a function to survive. They are merely surviving by eating others. There is no such thing as mercy in their book because its either death by starvation or food. There is no joy in killing and therefore THERE IS NO EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it? Good.

2. Who is Stronger?
            MEANING: Who can bench press more without the use of creatine? Also, who would win in a battle amongst each other and other races.

This question can be split into 3 miniquestions.

a. Who can benchpress more?
            We dont know whether the Orii can assume a corporeal form or not like the Ascended Ones (Im assuming the Ascended Ones are called Alterans). If they can, then they can increase their strength to win. The Wraith, also have much increased strength, but if the Ori can take corporeal form, then they win.

b. Who would win against each other?
            The Wraith would be incapable of beaming the Orii and probably the Priors aswell (they can spontaneously combust). Therefore, the Wraith cannot find out strategic info. Also, we do not know about the ship capabilities of the Ori. Maybe the Ori can appear in space and blow up armadas of ships? Or maybe they cant. Maybe the Priors are capable of that, ONCE they get into the ships. We simply dont know. But I put my money on the Ori.

3. Who would win against others.

The Wraith only won against the Ancients through surprise and the Ancients were already devastated by the plague from the Ori (It's assumed and apparently rumored). The Ancients did not have the time nor material to create enough weapons to defeat the Wraith.

It's like having 4 bullets in a gun left with a chance that more bullets lying around on the ground somewhere and maybe a grenade here and there AND 10 grizzly bears attacking you. You manage to beat grizzlys but it cost you your fibula. All of a sudden, 20 grizzly bears attack. Damn.

We dont know 100% but put your money, house and little male children on the Orii.
            WHAT!!! there is no evil!!! if you come acrossed a hungry tiger in the woods that wants to eat you. Wouldn't you feel threatend. And the guy next to you would save your life, but you have to believe in his beliefs.
            The Ori can kick the crap out of the Wraith. But we are debating what is a bigger threat to us. Lets say I have two realy big guys that want to kick my a_s. One of them can kick the other guys butt. Where does that leave me? I am still going to get my but kicked.
            And I would much rather be killed then eatin
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Since we haven't seen that much of the Ori, they aren't that much of an enemy yet. But as ascended beings, their potential for destruction is unmatched by anything the Wraith are going to throw at them. Remember the Ancients are bound by a more code; the Ori are not. So the power catagory goes to the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                1. Yes. The Wraith feed on humans. The Ori convert those they can and kill those who refuse. The Priors can arrive on a planet and bring upon a plague to kill all of its inhabitants while the Wraith can only attempt to cull a planet by sending a hive ship or two and a lot of darts.

The inhabitants of the planet can fight back to the Wraith, but not the Prior.

2. The Orii probably know of the existance of the Wraith but dont deem them a threat. Seriously, the Wraith are stuck in a galaxy and they just feed.

Us, as humans (like ORI), dont target "SHARKS" (like WRAITH) for example. Sharks are in the water and they'll stay there. Once a while, they might make an attack when we're in their territory, but they are no threat to us when we are in our territory. And even if we did expand into their watery abode, chances are that we wont encounter them as much, and even if we do, we have our ways to deal with them and kill them.

The Orii see no immediate threat with the Wraith. They eat their own food (humans) and are happy. They might expand and might kill some of the worshippers of the Ori, but I doubt the Ori care much. And if the Wraith reach another galaxy, Im sure that the Orii will begin to notice them more and send a few Priors their way. =)

And uknesvuinng, thanks. I think I might have misread a few spoilers here and there.

The ori try to convert anyone they know of or kill them and since the wraith arent protected by ancients i believe then the ori would just kill them if they couldnt convert remember what the ascended ancient did.

one other thing whats with the wrath of the ancients thing it says fisher assumes that for all we know there are a billion ori over many a galaxy and we know there are not millions of ancients ascended plus how advanced are the oris technology then if they cant use their powers. do you think ori might be ancient but be different looking and maybe theyll find an ancient fleet the tauri and fight the oris with it.

Comment

Working...
                X