X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Orii, most definitely.

WHY ORI = WORSE

1. They seem to have a sense of morality; its completely skewed. "Let's convert everyone to our religion!"

2. MINIONS: They have the Priors and Doci serving them. As hungrytrash stated, they'd probably be as advanced as the Ancients.

3. NON-CORPOREAL, NOT PRESENT: They are unspoken, apparently non-physical ASCENDED beings. We probably do not see the Orii for a while, just see their actions. This builds suspense in the show.

It's like when Thor said that the Asgard have a worse enemy in their own galaxy (replicators) and we werent introduced to this enemy till a season or two later. It adds suspense and creates curiosity.

This also means that we see their orders being taken out and while we can stop their Priors, we cant stop the source: the Orii.

4. Intergalactic. They send Priors to different galaxies and now they focus on the Milky Way Galaxy.

WHY WRAITH does not = WORSE

1. They probably do not have a sense of morality; They do what their instinct tells them to do. They do not believe that what they are doing is wrong.

2. INNERGALACTIC. Only one galaxy. And galaxy travel is near impossible because of slow hyperdrives. They never needed it.

3. Corporeal. While the Orii are non-corporeal (no physical form), the Wraith have a physical form. You can simply destroy them all with a Dakara Weapon.

4. Mind Control: Even though the Wraith can succeed because they can control their victims psychologically to a limit and can scroll through their minds, the Orii can apparently control and affect Ascended Beings (apparently Orlin in 4th Horseman). This mean, they can completely take control and put their presence anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
      4. Mind Control: Even though the Wraith can succeed because they can control their victims psychologically to a limit and can scroll through their minds, the Orii can apparently control and affect Ascended Beings (apparently Orlin in 4th Horseman). This mean, they can completely take control and put their presence anywhere.
      Actually, they attack Orlin's mind according to spoilers. There's nothing to suggest they ever take over anyone other than the Doci. Still, I agree with your other points and that the Ori are the worse of the two.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Wraith! They feed on humans, while the Ori seems pose as "gods."

I think the Ori and so called "ancients" are probably the same highly evolved humans
        who ancended. It's also mention that the ancients are not from milky way galaxy, but
        from the same galaxy as the Ori. Also, about the Wraith meeting the Ori(ancients). Its
        pretty obvious what Martin said. This is only speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
          We haven't seen enough of the Ori to be the ones to judge yet.. IMO.

//alz0rz

We haven't seen ANY of the Ori... I completely agree we can't judge until Season 9 at least airs its FIRST episode. Even then I would hold any judgements until at least halfway through the season

Ace
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
            Wraith! They feed on humans, while the Ori seems pose as "gods."

I think the Ori and so called "ancients" are probably the same highly evolved humans
            who ancended. It's also mention that the ancients are not from milky way galaxy, but
            from the same galaxy as the Ori. Also, about the Wraith meeting the Ori(ancients). Its
            pretty obvious what Martin said. This is only speculation.
            1. Yes. The Wraith feed on humans. The Ori convert those they can and kill those who refuse. The Priors can arrive on a planet and bring upon a plague to kill all of its inhabitants while the Wraith can only attempt to cull a planet by sending a hive ship or two and a lot of darts.

The inhabitants of the planet can fight back to the Wraith, but not the Prior.

2. The Orii probably know of the existance of the Wraith but dont deem them a threat. Seriously, the Wraith are stuck in a galaxy and they just feed.

Us, as humans (like ORI), dont target "SHARKS" (like WRAITH) for example. Sharks are in the water and they'll stay there. Once a while, they might make an attack when we're in their territory, but they are no threat to us when we are in our territory. And even if we did expand into their watery abode, chances are that we wont encounter them as much, and even if we do, we have our ways to deal with them and kill them.

The Orii see no immediate threat with the Wraith. They eat their own food (humans) and are happy. They might expand and might kill some of the worshippers of the Ori, but I doubt the Ori care much. And if the Wraith reach another galaxy, Im sure that the Orii will begin to notice them more and send a few Priors their way. =)

And uknesvuinng, thanks. I think I might have misread a few spoilers here and there.

Comment

I'll stick with the short answers here...

The Ori would be the winners. The Wraith are nasty, but they aren't nearly as powerful as the Ori, I'd bet. For goodness sake... they are 'ascended' beings. They could flash-fry the Wraith in 2 seconds flat.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I haven't seen the Ori in action yet, or seen them at all for that matter. I would have to go with the Wraith, for the simple fact that they want to eat me, or suck the life out of me for a tasty meal. There's no reasoning with the Wraith. All you have to do is reason with the Ori and you get everlasting life. If you reason with them, or I should say believe in there ways, they won't kill you. The wraith are going to eat you no matter what.
                As far as who's more advanced, THE ORI!!! By far!!!.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                  I haven't seen the Ori in action yet, or seen them at all for that matter. I would have to go with the Wraith, for the simple fact that they want to eat me, or suck the life out of me for a tasty meal. There's no reasoning with the Wraith. All you have to do is reason with the Ori and you get everlasting life. If you reason with them, or I should say believe in there ways, they won't kill you. The wraith are going to eat you no matter what.
                  As far as who's more advanced, THE ORI!!! By far!!!.
                  What do you mean by reason with the Orii??????

I do not know what spoilers you have been reading, but you cannot reason with the Orii. You have two choices:

1. Convert FAITHFULLY.
                  2. Die.

This means that you must accept the Orii as the "creators" of the worlds..etc (The Ori taking over the Doci establishes himself as a creator).

I'm sure you can lie to the Orii and say you "convert". But we should see how the Orii deal with this.

Maybe, by converting people to the religion of Origin, the Orii are harvesting on their souls or something incredibly amazingly amazing like that.

So, maybe you're right. But we shall see. I still dictate that my goddess Oprah Winfrey wins all.

Comment

I haven't seen the Ori in action yet, or seen them at all for that matter. I would have to go with the Wraith, for the simple fact that they want to eat me, or suck the life out of me for a tasty meal. There's no reasoning with the Wraith.
                    Wait for season 2

Comment

If The Ori wouldn't be ascended The Wraith would kick their butts because The Wraith almost destroyed the Ancients. I agree that the Wraith have no power over ascended beings. SO the Wraith would be screwed.
                      sigpic

Comment

u don't know that, we don't yet know the numbers of the Orii, if they are even close to the same amount of the wraith then the wraith wuld be seriously screwed.

Comment

Well, they populated an entire galaxy with their followers and advanced them with their knowledge. Wraith=starving, dying race. The priors probably have double the Wraith's numbers...

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                            What do you mean by reason with the Orii??????

I do not know what spoilers you have been reading, but you cannot reason with the Orii. You have two choices:

1. Convert FAITHFULLY.
                            2. Die.

This means that you must accept the Orii as the "creators" of the worlds..etc (The Ori taking over the Doci establishes himself as a creator).

I'm sure you can lie to the Orii and say you "convert". But we should see how the Orii deal with this.

Maybe, by converting people to the religion of Origin, the Orii are harvesting on their souls or something incredibly amazingly amazing like that.

So, maybe you're right. But we shall see. I still dictate that my goddess Oprah Winfrey wins all.
                            DUDE, read my post again. It answers your question. And then you answered your question. Read right after reasoning with them.
                            O'ya and Kirmit, I shall wait for season two. I think you know something I don't. Hell, for all we know the TPTB have been toying with us like rats in a maze for all we know.
                            Last edited by LORD MONK; 19 June 2005, 06:03 PM.
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

DUDE, read my post again. It answers your question. And then you answered your question. Read right after reasoning with them.
                              O'ya and Kirmit, I shall wait for season two. I think you know something I don't. Hell, for all we know the TPTB have been toying with us like rats in mace for all we know
                              I don't know about the rat in mace thing. I don't feel my eyes burning, and my sinuses aren't draining.

One thing, I, and probably many others, are thinking "Who would win if the two battled?" But I realized, the question is "Who's worse?" So what are we defining as worse?
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                                I don't know about the rat in mace thing. I don't feel my eyes burning, and my sinuses aren't draining.

One thing, I, and probably many others, are thinking "Who would win if the two battled?" But I realized, the question is "Who's worse?" So what are we defining as worse?
                                Thre actual threat would be worse, toward us. The Japanese and Germans in WWII was a big threat. Not to eachother because they where oth fighting us. Russia was a big threat to, but they where on are side. so Russia's out. Japan surrenderd and we acually had to march through Germany for them to surrender. So Germany was the biggest threat. If Japan didn't surrender then they would have been the bigger threat because we would have lost alot of American soldiers taking Japan. And when I say alot, I mean A LOT.
                                So, if we just believe in there believes then we are spared. But the Wraith just want to eat us and there is no compromise. So I say Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X