This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    to freak out the non-ascended. Anubis needed a forceshield to contain his essence, right, so he could actually make a physical impression, touch things, etc. Maybe the Evil Ancients (or maybe other Gou'ald that tried to ascend) need a ship not so they can travel, but so they can interact on a physical level with other, less nebulous beings?

Just a rambling theory, anyway. I'm still not convinced that whatever that little girl was, that she was gone from sam at the end, because sam heard her in the infirmary at the end, right?
    Actually, that's a good point. Maybe not Ancients though, but who knows. Personally, I don't think the writers gave it a lot of thought, they just wrote the ship in to be different and cool. Do you really think other Goa'uld tried to ascend? If so, would Anubis know of their existence?

I think, if anything, they could have been Furlings or maybe even Gadmeer. Whoever they were, we know a few things:

1) they were pretty advanced
    2) they didn't really know about us before the encounter, or recognize Goa'uld/Asgard tech
    3) they weren't really all that hostile, although they weren't friendly either

Comment

Well, to me it would seem like the Little girl was Sam thinking on the simplest terms of things, like how her blowing bubbles was the answer to freeing the Prometheus and the Alien ship from the gas nebula.
      Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
        Well, to me it would seem like the Little girl was Sam thinking on the simplest terms of things, like how her blowing bubbles was the answer to freeing the Prometheus and the Alien ship from the gas nebula.
        I agree with Andy, the little girl may have been Sam's subconscious or something like that.

Comment

Well, all the characters were figments of her imagination, but Sam even asked who she was and she said her name was Grace. And one of the definitions of Grace is

A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve. Basically, it was taking a break for her normal, which is using complex figures and theoretical conjectures, whereas thinking outside the box allowed her to break the solution down into its simplest terms, which is usually the job of O'Neill (at times).
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
          X