X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    How did the "grace" ship look romulan??
    Looked more aquatic to me, maybe it belong to that chappie from season 1's "fire and water"
    Well I wasn't the one to bring the similarity up, but it reminds me a Warbird (the old TNG one, not the Nemesis one) in that it has the same sort of wing structure, and the hawk-type nose. Colors are off though .

Phil
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

How did the "grace" ship look romulan??
      Looked more aquatic to me, maybe it belong to that chappie from season 1's "fire and water"

Comment

Lol, OK, i see the similairities from that angle!

But you have to admit it looks aqautic...right??...please??
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Lol, OK, i see the similairities from that angle!

But you have to admit it looks aqautic...right??...please??
          I'll give you that it looks blue.

That's a pretty massive ship compared to the Promethous.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Someone mentioned the borg up there and someone else mentioned replicators, so I may as well bring this up now.

Replicators to Borg.

Can you see the comparison (other than the obvious mech thing)? Thoughts?
            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

I have no idea what that ship was (looks like a ship from a Star Trek ep that got lost) but it was an UFO . It did strike me as odd that when Carter got her crew back, the captain was aprehensive/concerned that Carter even wanted to help them, so I gues the aliens were definitely bad but with a sense of honor as they let them go and went their merry way, but were never mentioned again. Who were they???
              If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Yeah, replicators and the Borg have more than a few similarities... they adapt, they assimilate technology... they are resistant to numerous forms of attack... but there are differences too: I don't think there is any biological, organic basis for the replicators. Furthermore, where the Borg are shufflin' slow like zombies, the replicators are blindingly fast -- and they don't have a hive structure with a queen. Although the new human-form replicators might generate internal dispute amongst all replicators because of their "humanity" (if Five was not the last one like that!).
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Don't think it would've been from Martins Race. If they did have those then I think they'd have given the Goa'uld a hell of a fight.
                  Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

As some one above mentioned they belonged to the ancient race called plot devicers. Their relics can be found all over universe and they are so prolific and advanced that they have infiltrated all other shows that have ever made it into the air

Seriously, they are just a handy tool for the writers of the episode and I doubt we will see them again unless the writers run out of ideas. Might be a good bases for some fanfiction though

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite
                      I have no idea what that ship was (looks like a ship from a Star Trek ep that got lost) but it was an UFO . It did strike me as odd that when Carter got her crew back, the captain was aprehensive/concerned that Carter even wanted to help them, so I gues the aliens were definitely bad but with a sense of honor as they let them go and went their merry way, but were never mentioned again. Who were they???
                      Actually the ship might have attacked because they detected Goa'uld technology on the ship.

Comment

How is it that we've not asked the Asgard about this ship?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          How is it that we've not asked the Asgard about this ship?
                          Good point. Seeing as how they totally whooped on the Promy, with asgard sheilds and weapons, you'd think that the Asgard would like to know if there's another race out there that can be a serious threat to them.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

i seariously dobut it was replicator. Why would they return prisoners, hell i don't think they even take prisoners. My theory is that it could just be an entire human civilization from a once gou'ald held world, i mean look at the size of the freakin thing compared to Prometheus.

Comment

Could it be the Furlings perhaps?Anyhow I do'nt think we are going to find out what it was.
                              your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

I have always wondered about that, and my best guess was that it was the Furlings and they did detect the Goa'uld technology, but when they saw first-hand on how Carter was able to help them escape that gas nebula, they realized that they were not goa'uld, just simply using goa'uld technology to help themselves defend against the Goa'uld. Course it would be interesting if/when they do introduce the Furlings, (over some kind of dispute) one of their commanders speaks praise of the Tau'ri, and the Asgard, having been an ally of the Furling, send Thor to also speak on behalf of the Tau'ri and how they have saved the Asgard and the universe time and time again from certain destruction. Course another theory I had was that it wasnt the Furling at all. And that the furling are actually just as advanced or possibly the ones who helped the ancients ascend (possibly the furlings are created in an ascended form) and they are the ones who would be the deciding factor having watched SG-1 and the SGC to see if they are worthy of becoming the Fifth Race.
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X