Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox did not share their technology with us as we were "very young" which was probably a nice way of saying primitive by comparison. The Tollan, being more advanced and able to prove it, would probably be able to demonstrate sufficient stargate knowledge. I think that the Nox would then step in and help.

I agree that there would be nothing left of Tollana after the Goa'uld attack, or we would have suffered already.

Comment

yeah, they could give us some of them ion cannons for promethius. None of the other goald have the technology to defend against them. Anubis didnt share

I did a picture

Comment

Nice picture.

We were gonna get them, but Anubis wiped them out before we could get the cannons. Installing them on the Promethous is an interesting idea.
        Perhaps the Tollan knew that they were going to be destroyed at the end eventually, and so the pulled an Ancient and built a respository?

Couldn't we send that supped-up cargo ship that they used in the LCII?
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Omak
          The Tollan, being more advanced and able to prove it, would probably be able to demonstrate sufficient stargate knowledge. I think that the Nox would then step in and help.
          But I don't see why there should be any assumption that they had external help. Yes, they might have got Gate tech from the Nox, but why? Their science goes well beyond anything we - and by we I mean Sam - can even understand; they had a Stargate to study for centuries. Why then is there any need for an assumption that they would have learned to make a Stargate from the Nox?

Just for starters, surely the Stargate was built before Tollana got in touch with the Nox, so that the Tollan who lived with the Nox could get to Tollana in the first place.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Actually, if you remember from Pretense, Narim noted that the Nox and the Tollans devised a way to get them to their planet and then they asked Narim about the stargate, and they said they built it, and thats when Daniel said: Way smarter than us" and Jack said: Ours is bigger.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

yeah, but they learned how to do it from the origonal gates tbh all the timelines in SG1 suck! the tollan are humans but are way more advanced than us because they didnt suffer the dark ages, a period of mere 800 years. The goald have had big intersteller ships for thousands of years but can get pwn'd by the tollan, until recently. The only decent bit really is the asgard, who seems to be really old, but have way good technology. There a pretty level race i tihnk, know what there on about do the asgard!

Maybe when the goald took the tollan, they stole all the sceintists and clever people, and left all the others to preach the bible (no offence meant )

Comment

But you forget that the Tollans are not a war-like race. They havent been in a war for centuries, because of what happened back on their original planet. So because they aren't a military strategicly thinking race, they can't plan self-defense other than the few ION cannons on their planet. Once those are taken out, they have no defense.
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Just for starters, surely the Stargate was built before Tollana got in touch with the Nox, so that the Tollan who lived with the Nox could get to Tollana in the first place.
                  Nope.

On the original home world "Tollan" their stargate was buried under tons of lava. SG-1 rescue the remaining Tollan just before the gate was covered. They then used a long range communication device to contact the Nox. Who then came thru SGC's gate and the Tollan went with them. That is the last you see of the Tollan until Pretense. In that episode, Daniel asked where their stargate came from since "Tollana" did not have one. Narim replies "we had a little help from the nox."

Which could mean anything. If you ask me the nox do have the technology and knowledge of the ancients. Did you see the floating city? Not to mention their mental abilities.
                  Last edited by Jag; 28 May 2004, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I've always enjoyed the episodes concerning the Tollan and since BTF left things pretty much open-ended (although tending towards the pessimistic side of things), I agree with others on this thread that it would be nice to see some more of them and perhaps resolve some issues.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                    X