Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we already have the designs remember they are just so advanced that we cannot mass produce them

Comment

Originally posted by hezie99
      we already have the designs remember they are just so advanced that we cannot mass produce them
      we do. i thought we just had basic blueprints that should it but how to built them (must watch the episode again)

even if we can't mass produce them, stick a few on the Prometheus and you wouldn't need to mass produce them. the promtheus could take on a few motherships with them

sigpic

Comment

When, as noted in the fabled Sci-Fi classic Star Trek (ducks the ever-knowing flames), evern during a war, plague or famine, there are always survivors. And now that the SGC has a large-scale ship capable of interstellar travel, as well as a fleet of F-302s, it would be possible to visit Tollana and see if there any survivors and see Narim obviously has the "advanced" knowledge of what we call Quantam physics, my guess is that he might be more willing to help in further advancing our studies if we could offer our not-so-inferior-anymore aide.
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

that is possible or we could just do what the goa'uld do, go there steal what ever crap we can get our hands on and get it back to home for study. the tollan were trying to leave the planet so it may be filled with some good stuff and info.

sigpic

Comment

The problem is that it's too over our heads for us to just steal. Even when we had their phase shift armbands, they looked like a solid lump of material to us. We couldn't see circuits or anything.
            sigpic

Comment

we would need jacks ancient knowledge to get there since when they where on earth they said it was to far away to expect a rescue ship in there life time. so we would need jack to get the engines to go very fast again

Comment

Originally posted by hezie99
                we would need jacks ancient knowledge to get there since when they where on earth they said it was to far away to expect a rescue ship in there life time. so we would need jack to get the engines to go very fast again
                Omoc was saying it was too far for Tollan ships, however the Prometheus can travel at 2,373,784 times the speed of light, meaning it would take only 15 days at most to travel across the galaxy, but that was with it's old Naquadria hyperdrive and not it's new, slower Al'kesh hyperdrive. Even so, a Ha'tak can cross the galaxy in 3.125 years.

Comment

I don't remember the Tolland "making" their own Stargate. If they could, wouldn't their knowledge have been greater than the Ancients and if so, why and how were they destroyed.

And I believe Narim was shown to be "toast".....very dark toast. But my memory is going, so I could very easily be wrong. Corrections welcome.

Comment

Yes, they did make their own gate....actually, iirc, it looks more like the gate in the cartoon in my sig than a real gate <g>

Besides, They had the Nox's help. The Nox are very advanced, we just don't know to what degree....they could have one of those repository things.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Nox didn't strike me as the Gate-building sort; they just weren't the explorer type. If they wanted to go wandering they probably just glanced through their brains for half an hour.

The implication is clear that the Tollan built their own Gate, but this in no way implies parity to Ancient knowledge. The Gate network seems to have been pretty everyday to the Ancients; a standard mode of transport a la 2001. It was therefore likely not the pinnacle of their science. Moreover, the Tollan had generations to study the Stargate on Tollan before they moved to Tollana; that would doubtless give thema leg-up.

As for ship transit times, remember that hyperspace velocities are very flexible things in the Stargate universe.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

This is just a quick reply to the questions about stealing the Tollan technoloy.

Their Tech is so advanced, there are no wires or moving parts. So we wouldnt even know where to begin. Nor do we have the materials nessecary to build a stock pile of ion cannons.

Comment

well i don't think that knowing who to use them would mean we still can't go there and take technology. they could easily download information from computers or take stuff that they would have a better chance of understanding like the weapon disarmers or even just basic computer equipment.

with the Rogue NID agents, i am surprised the ransacking of Tollana hasn't been done already. i don't think the Rogue NID care about not being able to understand it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            with the Rogue NID agents, i am surprised the ransacking of Tollana hasn't been done already. i don't think the Rogue NID care about not being able to understand it
                            Maybe they are already doing that, although I'd imagine the technical problems the SGC would have would apply tenfold to them. Can someone refresh my memory; the new Tollan homeworld didn't have a gate, yes? And so they got to it from their original homeworld by ship, yes? And since their ships can't travel all that fast, it's presumably not all that far from their original homeworld to the new one, yes? So could we not simplygo through the stargate to the old homeworld and then take a ship on from there? Or was that gate destroyed? Anyway, there's surely got to be a gate not too far away that could be used as a staging post from which to moount a rescue/salvage mission, yes?
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

Mr Prophet - Remember that the Nox were 1 of 4 great races named by the Asgard in the episode that Jack had the repository downloaded into his head. The races were: Asgard, Furlings (which we have never seen), Nox, and the Ancients. It is widely held that the Ancients built the stargate network, but they may very well have shared that information. The Tollan went to the Nox for help, which is probably where they got gate plans.

Side note - I want Narim to come back as either a Goa'uld, or Jaffa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Omak
                                It is widely held that the Ancients built the stargate network, but they may very well have shared that information. The Tollan went to the Nox for help, which is probably where they got gate plans.
                                The Asgard stated that the Ancients built the Stargate, and I'm sure they shared much with the Nox, who certainly know how to activate a Stargate using their brain which is a fairly impressive trick. But I don't see them as Gate builders and I don't see them offering the tech to the Tollan; it just wouldn't occur to them to offer something so - from their perspective - unimportant and the Tollan aren't such hypocrites that they would ask for tech.

And as to a salvage run to the Tollan homeworld, since Anubis never got hold of the phase-shifting tech, it's probably a fair assumption that a) he never captured any Tollan scientists and b) there wasn't much left on Tollana for his own people to study.

Besides, even if Tollan hadn't been destroyed, how could you Gate there then take a ship? You'd need to get the ship there in the first place.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X