This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    Well, even if theres not a season 9, i'm really happy that Sci-fi is behind the show
    SCIFI isn't behind the show so much as they're backing their biggest money-maker. They don't give a rat's behind about quality or the happiness of the fans. As long as THEY are making money, that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by PYRO
      But there isent that much to do for SG-1. Fight another enemy? No, thats kinda boring now. Fight the Ancient city? No, unless StarGate: Atlantis is a huge hoax. Explore? No, they did that for a few seasons so far (before the ancients, tok'ra, etc). All that's left is pretty much going side by side with Atlantis, which would be boring sinch once I watch SG-1, I don't have to watch Atlantis, I would already know what happened. So I don't think their will be a season 9. Plus RDA is leaving the StarGate franchise after Season 8 to spend time with his daughter.
      Well maybe there are storylines that need to be tied up and such, or storylines you haven't thought of. Also didn't the article that was originally posted say that that they were 'unsure' if RDA would return, it didn't say he 'wouldn't' come back. I know this is your opinion, thats mine And a show can go on without its original main character, look at X-files, but wait, most of the time the show will end up being crappy, but the show 'The Practice' did pretty well without its main character, although the creator decided to end the show and make a spin off.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        SCIFI isn't behind the show so much as they're backing their biggest money-maker. They don't give a rat's behind about quality or the happiness of the fans. As long as THEY are making money, that's all that matters.
        Yah, i don't think any network executives really care for quality, they practically want the money and ratings. I totally agree Look at the commercial time on broadcast networks, they are taking over the actual tv show time.

Comment

Well maybe there are storylines that need to be tied up and such...
          Yeah, they've been "tying up" storylines for how many seasons, now? Sorry, but I'd rather see real, hard-edged NEW eps than constant retreads of old eps. At one point in time, they were capable of revisiting past stories and adding to them to make them new and interesting and to further the overall plot, but I personally believe that those days are past. You aren't going to get old themes with a new twist, you're going to get old eps regurgitated and packaged as new, minus all the stuff that made the original ep good in the first place. Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Some people want new edged storylines, but some people also would rather see some continuation between episodes, such as... Why did they put 'Resurrection', an episode after Heroes Part 2, there? The only thing that was referred was that Jack was taking some time off because what happened in Heroes Part 2. Although i liked the episode, i just dont' think its a good idea to do that. Hmm, that made sense... i think...

Comment

There's a difference between keeping continuity and flat-out repeating yourself.

Stargate hasn't always been strong on the continuity. Monumental things happen in one ep, and in the next they're skipping along like everything is fine.

Comment

There's a difference between keeping continuity and flat-out repeating yourself.

Stargate hasn't always been strong on the continuity. Monumental things happen in one ep, and in the next they're skipping along like everything is fine.
                I wasn't trying to repeat myself, and i don't think i did , i was attempting to start a new subject on what some people want other than new episodes that don't show signs of almost anything that happened in the episode before, such as the death of our beloved doctor

Comment

Yes isn't it wonderful that broken bones, and life threatening desease only last a week
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Well maybe episodes that include broken bones for one example , may happen, and the next episode is set a few weeks later? Well, nevermind that wouldn't make sense, unless their broken bones heal quickly...

Comment

I wasn't trying to repeat myself, and i don't think i did
                      Not everything is about YOU, LMJ. I was talking about the show.

And I'm not saying that every ep should be completely new and never refer back to anything that happened before, that would be stupid. But I also don't want to watch an entire season of recycled plotlines and "tying up" of still yet more "loose ends". They've been doing that for a couple of years now. It's getting old.

Comment

And I'm not saying that every ep should be completely new and never refer back to anything that happened before, that would be stupid. But I also don't want to watch an entire season of recycled plotlines and "tying up" of still yet more "loose ends". They've been doing that for a couple of years now. It's getting old.
                        Hehe, i'm really 'concieted' at the moment, i'm becoming a Tollan!? Thats not good... Oh hey, i like the new Avatars, i'm so happy Ok back to the wonderful topic... Although i do agree its getting old, but i would rather have episodes tying things up than episodes that just plain suck.
                        Not everything is about YOU, LMJ. I was talking about the show.
                        SHOCK, you broke my heart... Haha ...

Comment

i would rather have episodes tying things up than episodes that just plain suck.
                          You're implying there's a difference between the two.

Done RIGHT, eps "tying up" things can be great. It just remains to be seen (by those of you still watching ) whether or not TPTB are capable of doing things right.

Congrats on reaching the next level, you numbers-runner, you.

Comment

You're implying there's a difference between the two.

Done RIGHT, eps "tying up" things can be great. It just remains to be seen (by those of you still watching ) whether or not TPTB are capable of doing things right.
                            I thought they were pretty capable with the Ancient's storyline, although it may not have been interesting to some people, it was to me But your right, if episodes that return to previous storylines, they should absolutely be done right.

I attempted to state theres a different between the two, maybe i did, maybe i didn't..

Congrats on reaching the next level, you numbers-runner, you.
                            Domo Arigato

Oh look, i'm also in the enlisted personell section

Comment

Of course Hammer wants Stargate to continue, it's making her M*O*N*E*Y. She cares nothing about the quality of the show or whether or not folks want it to continue or how it'll all work out in the stories, as long as there is M*O*N*E*Y to be made, she's going to support it.
                              that's very true. the show just isn't like it used to be. whatever happened to the great episodes? right now the show is... okay, but it's losing it's quality quickly. i don't think that it should have a season 9. don't even think it should even have had season 8. hell, i didn't really wanna see season 7 come around.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I've repeated over and over (well maybe not alot, ), i really think if you want the show to end, just think of it already as 'dead' and stop watching, because the viewers who still think the show is good will keep on watching until the show actually isn't anymore, if so many people stop watching Stargate, you'll get your wish(or demands), and the show will end, or end up being cancelled. The show would have been cancelled long ago if so many people didn't like how Stargate is going, quality wise, but since the ratings are high, and steadily staying there for Scifi, i truly think the people who think the show should have ended a year or two ago, or think the show has lost its, originality, good qaulity, are the minority, in which the ptb are trying to please the majority.

The parts where i say, "you'll get your wish(or demands)", doesn't mean that it is what the people want (the people who thought the show should have ended earlier, or the quality of an episode is bad), its just what i think ...

Comment

Working...
                                X