Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to believe there is going to be at least a season 9. But so far the writers have left so many story lines unfinished. I think they should fill in all the blanks before the show is over. And if Rick decides to quit the show, then i will personally go to his house and change his mind for him

Comment

It just wouldnt be right without Jack or any of SG-1. You may not think you watch it because of them, but they do make the what it is. With the help of excellent writters.

Comment

I say, tell RDA to figure on Season 39 !!!!
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Dagda
          Didnt Mallozzi say in his recent interview that he could envisage up to season 12 and beyond? lol He suggested he had story ideas anyway...that it gets easier to write them the more seasons they make.
          As long as the writers keep copying movie scripts, sure they've got lots of idea.s What will determine whether the show gets a green light will be down to $. Even if the ratings do well. if the show costs too much to do - and it goes up every year and the dollar isn't exacatly doing great guns these days - MGm will kill the show. After all, ATLANTIS was made to take its place, as they have relatively unknown cast members, who are a LOT cheaper than an established cast. What the writers want is irrelevant.

Comment

yeah, but they need to be prepared because they got caught unawares pretty much when s7 was confirmed, everyone had already said goodbye!!!

Comment

Honestly, I was very excited hearing that they want a season 9! However, when the mention of rda doing the 'r' word came around, my heart sank. When I read the season 8 synopsis about rda being desk bound and sg-1 staying a 3 person team...again I was disappointed, because I really liked the team. I think that has been the best flavor of the series.

While I think SG is a VERY strong franchise and can go on w/o alot of principle characters, w/o the principle characters that made it strong - you could get a bad taste in your mouth.

However, in conclusion - Even though there are what I consider MAJOR changes coming around in Season 8 - I am very excited to see how it all plays out - because I'm addicted enough to watch SG1 anytime it is on tv. I enjoyed season 7...and I'm sure I'll enjoy season 8....but some of my favorite episodes will still be in the mid seasons....

s

Comment

very well said i personally cannot wait to see how it does play out in the series

Comment

I don't see why they couldn't go on with a season 9 and even 10. The writers have even said it has gotten easier to write th story lines because there are so many stories to elaborate on (Daniel Jackson's grandfather for instance, or just going back to some of the planets they've visited to continue a story, like what ever happened to the woman that Jack may have gotten pregnant in "100 Days"?). I'm all for any more seasons that they will give us. I'm 48 years old and I've never been such a fan of a t.v. show before, like I am with Stargate. It's a sci-fi show that takes place here and now and I think that's why I like it so much.

A.C. Waugh
                  Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

Personally...I'd rather have a movie with the team all together. (or a set of movies)
                    Rather than a lot of seasons with the team seperated.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Yes do some movies and let Atlanis do whatever. Then for the 4th spinoff (hehe) have like Stargate SG-2! or something like that and the new team could visit those plants again.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Agreed. It has real quality as entertainment. I like the fact it is in the here and now with things as they are for the most part. I like the flawed characters. I like the level of language and the sentiments expressed. I like the portrayal of accomplished people who are not denigrated for being smart and dedicated. It is a really positive portrayal of people's interactions and relationships rather than the nasty put downs on broadcast sitcoms.
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          I think that I'll wait until I see how season 8 goes before I start hip hip hooraying for a season 9. With Jack at a desk job and no Hammond there will be some big changes this season and it remains to be seen how said changes will be handled. I am not, however, one of the people who hated season 7. I, in fact, quite enjoyed it and if I keep enjoying it then I'm all for a season 9.
                          I agree. Momentum has to be conserved! Season 7 was amazing, but compared to season 5 then it wasnt quite as good, and season 4 was a stormer. I think the only options there REALLY are are to revisit old enemys, as ships are gonna get pwnd by earth new big super weapon, and the wraith only seem set for atlantis. I wouldnt like to see a wraith crossover.

I think it should be seen how season 8 is handled. RDA is a main feature, and if theres less off him, there is less viewers!

Comment

One thing i'd like to see..a deep...DEEP space Wraith recon ship that is in earths galaxy...and they can't make it back so they have been living off the inhabitants of a nearby planet...SG-1 discovers this and eventually has to kill them off...
                            This way we'd at least get to see how SG-1 does against them.

Besides...I love the occasional crossover
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              One thing i'd like to see..a deep...DEEP space Wraith recon ship that is in earths galaxy...and they can't make it back so they have been living off the inhabitants of a nearby planet...SG-1 discovers this and eventually has to kill them off...
                              This way we'd at least get to see how SG-1 does against them.

Besides...I love the occasional crossover
                              maybe im not too sure about crossing them over so directly

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                                Agree.

Btw, great news!!! SG1 has to beat X-Files!
                                Seriously, I want Anna Louise Plowman and Corin Nemec as regular in season 9 IF RDA would leave.
                                I would love the same thing and I would of loved for Jonus to stay on in season 7 and made the team a 5 person team.

Comment

Working...
                                X