Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Not even the cliffnote version?

So, you're basically flipping everyone the finger here.
    I'm sure you'll be gushing and spoiling Stargate Origins comes out hey... I'll be sure to remind you of this post then.

And for the record -- this has nothing to do with Stargate Command. This is about an interview with a castmember of SGO and what he has to say on his character and the setting of the show. Why would you not want to share that? Or are spoilers all of a sudden a sacred secret to be kept from fellow fans?
    If only all my other attempts at providing Origin links and content in the Origins thread hadn't repeatedly turned into the same conversation about how crap Stargate Command was...

I don't particularly like the Command platform either but I just thought of it as pre-purchasing Origins. I've watched a few episodes of the show when I couldn't be fussed to get the DVDs out so I've had that bonus too. You're right I don't go on the boards, I just watch and read the content. I don't really like that platform - there's a Predator one using the exact same template that I only read on, don't participate on. But that's neither here nor there.

The point is more than this is supposed to be a thread about Origins that continually devolves into the same discussion that I'm not here to have. If I wanted that I'd be on the thread about Stargate Command.

So no, I'm not willing to sit-down and take the time to transcribe an interview that I'm sure will just be ignored and moved onto how crap it is this content is behind a paywall.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      Looking at this thread it sounds like this "stargate command" is not a great website. Is this the only place where I'd be able to watch Stargate Origin? I don't really want to pay for a service to watch something that is only a few minutes long. I'd imagine there are a lot of people in my situation.
      As far as I know, there is no other place you can watch SG:O at but if you pay you get the full length episodes. The few minutes is only for the free for all bits

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        Looking at this thread it sounds like this "stargate command" is not a great website. Is this the only place where I'd be able to watch Stargate Origin? I don't really want to pay for a service to watch something that is only a few minutes long. I'd imagine there are a lot of people in my situation.
        There's no other place where you can watch SGO -- if you don't have the option to all-access, you're basically screwed out of all the "fun".

Anyone who believes they'll be able to find the movie by other means, will be disappointed to learn that videos are not downloadable. None of the streams can be saved from the website, as they are all embedded in the code.

The only way you would be able to cheat the system (and I'm fairly certain they literally don't care about it because it still gets them the 20 dollar) is by using a VPN to hide your true location (pretend you're in the US to use the website, if you don't want to go through the app). There are people who have succesfully infiltrated the all-access ranks this way.

They keep telling us 3rd class passengers that they are working on opening it up but the deadline which they set themselves is running out tomorrow and nothing has been show for -- you can bet on it I will remind them tomorrow evening about this very fact.

I don't doubt I will still be locked out of it all, so I've already made up my mind to stream the first episode on mute somewhere in the background (if it's still free for all), and to actively block the rest -- if I can't watch all of it, then I'm watching none of it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

According to the gateworld twitter feed something may be changing in regards to release plans

https://twitter.com/GateWorld/status/958433131912093697

Comment

The link to the article is dead -- (not the tweet) -- and can no longer be accessed. It said Page Not Found.

Edit
            This link right here, posted by Moose on the Command message feed, does work: https://www.gateworld.net/news/1900/...pisodes-weekly
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 30 January 2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Moose? Sounds kinda sketchy...

Full trailer just released...on All Access.
              Where's the logic in that?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                Moose? Sounds kinda sketchy...
                Woops... forgot about the "man"...

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                Full trailer just released...on All Access.
                Where's the logic in that?!?!
                The logic is that you are the only ones who can watch it, so that's proof that MGM isn't looking for other viewers but only those select few. So that basically means, this is the only Stargate you're going to get. It's a frellin' stunt -- a cheap way to get more money out of a nearly dead franchise.

Oh shoot... I did not just say that.

Basically, do not visit Stargate Command today after work or I'll have to ignore the whole lot of all-access folks who have to gush all over this ****.

Comment

I actually posted a screen cap before knowing it was All Access, I took it down as soon I realized it.

Comment

It's official then... Boycot it is.

My day really sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      It's official then... Boycot it is.

My day really sucks...
                      Relax, it's only a tv show.

1) there are more important things in life and 2) truth be told, better shows too.

I have to admit, for me, until now, nothing and I mean NOTHING scifi related could even remotely touch SG, not even Star Trek, Star Wars, ...

But now, watching BSG, and the recent developments with Stargate Origins and the new Star Trek Discovery, wow... BSG just set a whole new standard of scifi for me. It even left Stargate so far behind in my eyes that SG isn't even visible anymore in the distance at the horizon...

So yeah, who cares if SG Origins tanks? Onwards and upwards to other, different and who knows, maybe even better things?

Not worth it getting so pumped up about it I should think.

So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                        Relax, it's only a tv show.
                        Unfortunately, Origins is only one in many things that make my day sucky... ...nevertheless, still incredibly PO'd for it. But I guess, that's also due to a culmination of things my autistic brain can't immediately cope with at the moment (imminent changes at work and the likes).

1) there are more important things in life and 2) truth be told, better shows too.
                        I know... I'm just grrrr.... Started watching Black Lightning for one... and should plan that BSG rewatch too. But first get through stargate, the lot of it -- all the way to Infinity (yes, I am that crazy apparently).

It even left Stargate so far behind in my eyes that SG isn't even visible anymore in the distance at the horizon...
                        That whole proverbial "Eat my dust"-thing...

So yeah, who cares if SG Origins tanks? Onwards and upwards to other, different and who knows, maybe even better things?
                        Well, can't call it tanking if you already know how many people will watch it.

Comment

As an All-Access member, we wanted you to be the first to see the new trailer for Stargate Origins.
                          "First." I'm sure it'll be released to the public soon. Would be a silly decision otherwise. Unless this is just an All Access exclusive version of the trailer and a different one is released.

Re: the trailer.
                          Spoiler:
                          So they definitely open the Gate. Still not sure who plays witness to this.

I'm still worried about how it's all going to fit into canon but eager to finally watch.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well for what it's worth, here's the description from the trailer

"On February 15th, witness the premiere of a Stargate story that takes you back to where it all began.

In 1939, Professor Paul Langford and his daughter Catherine are still grappling with the mysteries of the ancient relic they discovered in the Egyptian desert more than ten years ago. With war looming in Europe and funding running out, these brilliant minds are approaching their lowest ebb. Little do they know, answers are about to present themselves in a dangerous form, when the Nazi Occultist Dr. Wilhelm Brücke approaches their facility with a sinister motive.

Enlisting the help of two young soldiers, Catherine must use all of her wit and nous as she and her new allies embark on an adventure into the unknown to rescue her father, and save the Earth from an unimaginable darkness."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              Re: the trailer.
                              Spoiler:
                              So they definitely open the Gate. Still not sure who plays witness to this.

I'm still worried about how it's all going to fit into canon but eager to finally watch.
                              Yeah, that's the screencap I posted, then realized it was All Access. Whoops.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                im thinking they go through the gate. The desert scenes are another planet...I hope I’m wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X