X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ok, tell me the necessary edits and I'll do it. I mean the good Asgard knows them, so I thought it would be good for the renegade Asgard to show up and offer intel because they are also threatened by them. Anyways, just tell me the edits and I'll edit. Don't worry won't post again, but will read and see where this story goes.
    Jmoz, you can post again for sure, but if you follow the story line, we're a long way off from introducing Atalntis, unless there is a narrative to explain why, how etc, we have suddenly jumped to that scene. It's fine to do so, but you need a trailer from the previous posting, you have to read each entry and apply your post as a carry on, that is the whole idea. You can quote say the last lines of the previous post and go something like this

G'rakoosh smiled as his city ship, much like the Lantean ones, but older, settled into the glassy waters of PXW 588, "All is going well" he thought, as he watched three more burst from hyper space above his own.

He wondered how his intusions into the Pegasus system were going, his long steel grey fingernail tapped out a rythym on his chair.

McKay informs everyone after taking some readings, "This can't be, the energy pattern shows it to be the renegade Asgards."

Woolsey exclaims, "What? How did they get here? No matter can we shoot it down?"

Sheppard replies, "Yes, sir, we might be able........"

He starts to rush out but McKay says, "They're hailing us."

Sheppards asks, "Why would they do that?"

Notice this is not a post to the story
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

The Victory and Rak'nor's fleet scouted for days without finding so much as a squawk of activity that wasn't supposed to be there, until one of the Free Jaffa scouts disappeared from all contact near the vicinity of PXW 588.

Comment

"Sir we just received a message from Rak'nor, on e of his scout ships nad gone missing in the vicinity of PXW 588." Zhiang told Caldwell.

"Not good, I have a bad feeling about this." Daniel said.

"As do I." Teal'c added.

"Bad feeling or not, we'll check it out. Tell Rak'nor to continue his patrols in this sector and we'll find out what's happened to his scout." Caldwell replied.

"Aye sir."

Comment

G'rakoosh was in the ritual room. Not that it was honestly neccesary, but it'd been so long a part of their culture that forgoing stepping along the obsidian corridor might be seen as unwise, to say the least. Few traditions seeped their culture, which'd grown disillusioned with most aspects of spirituality unlike younger kinds, but this was one of them. Stripping down to his pants and bracers, he stood within the central sunken circle which seemed semi-circled by candles - a mockery of the kelnoorim, in some warped fashion.

Closing his eyes, he began to pull deeply on the Aether. While some might explain it as the network of raw energy that existed throughout the cosmos, describing it as a vibrantly charged energy that was almost identical to that ZPMs pulled in was more accurate - it certainly saved from their kind using their own personal energies as batteries for any spells they might do, and allowed for a far broader, far more lethal range. A familiar tingle started in his sternum as he drew it up through his feet and open hands, his nerves almost screaming in delight at the rush as he allowed his head to tilt back. An ecstatic experience every single time, but one oh-so rarely indulged in. He continued, an instinctive warding barrier of sickly purples and greys forming around his figure as a precaution, thickening and interlacing with streaks of black. Still he continued, drawing in the energy form the very leylines of the cosmos itself before finally starting to weave the spellform when it took the visual appearance of strand-like wisps about his claws. Slowly and methodically, he began to knot it, twisting and turning the energy, manipulating it to his will to form the desired result.

In response, and barely perceptible, he extended his presence on this wave of energy he was slowly sending out. He 'reached' for the ZPMs nearby, much like some sort of frightfully sentient radar. If any in the vicinity were 'touched', a sort of tag was placed - no change in their glow or effectiveness, and only someone with the ability to sense this very same chakra-like energy would be able to detect just what he was doing. What was that now? Magically infecting the power sources, ready to drain and draw the energy into himself when the time was right. Sneaky git!

Comment

The Victory burst from Hyperspace and immediatley went to cloak, in that moment a slight tremor was felt through the ship, a sort of rippling effect somewhat akin to when they entered hyperspace though it wasn't supposed happen that way. Teal'c felt an odd sensation, like a man who had lost a limb, but could still feel it, but this seem connected to his now long gone symbiote, "What was that", he thought fleetingly.

"That's odd?" Jennifer Hailey said to her offsider in the science lab, as she to felt the unusual tremor. She scanned the instruments and monitors and noticed a barely suseptable drop in the Victory's single zpm power band. She made a mental note to check it out.

On the bridge Caldwell briefed SG1 and SG16 on what was required. A simple recon, no contact, in and out.
            "Any questions?"

"Only one Colonel." Cam asled.

"Yes Mitchell?"

"Do we get sandwiches."

Comment

Caldwell looked questioningly at his fellow officer who was glancing round at the men and women under his command. “Sandwiches Colonel? I’m not sure why but I don’t think you understand what we’re doing here. I said a simple recon, in and out, is that too difficult to understand?”

“Yeah, sandwiches. You just never know when things might get out-a-hand and we could be stuck there without lunch.” Mitchell started to grin at everyone around him.

“Colonel, do I need to remind you that it’s your job to make sure...”

Caldwell’s voice faded away as he watched Teal’c walk around and pass his hand over Mitchell’s eyes several times.

Mitchell brushed the Jaffa's hand away before moving closer and whispering. “You should see the look on your face," he laughed, "don’t you like sandwiches?”

“Colonel Caldwell, I believe something has happened to Colonel Mitchell. possibly related to that tremor we just experienced, but I’m unsure exactly what.”

Caldwell and Teal’c move out of Mitchell’s earshot.

“We don’t need this sort of distraction now Teal’c. What do you suggest we do?”

Comment

Vala stepped over to the wide eyed Mitchell and slapped him hard, he shook his head and looked at her with puzzlement.

"Wha.....oh shyte, did I just go all loopy now?" He said as he rubbed his chin.

"Yes you did Cameron, now buck up, we've a job to do."

"Right, ah sorry about that Steve, alright group lets' move out, we'll take a 401 to the surface I don't want any detection of an energy surge by beaming in, if that's alright with you Caldwell?"

"Agreed Mitchell. Departure in seven minutes, we'll remain cloaked and radio silence until we hear from you. Godspeed and good luck."

"I think we'll need it." Danile grimaced, and followed the teams to the elevator.

"Indeed." Teal'c said with his usual entusiasm. "Though I wish Colonel Carter was here."

"Well she's not big fella, so let's get this done."

A few minutes later they were in the hangar deck and had boarded a waiting AC401 dropship, Daniel was pleased to see the newly promoted Lt. Colonel Paul Davis in the pilots seat, he acknowledged him with a grin, Davis nodded and boosted the power controls. "Right then, SG1 and SG16, buckle up, this ain't no puddle jumper, so cinch those belts tight." The Australian team looked at one another and grinned, one young corporal immediately remembered a scene from his favourite movie and launced into a famed speech.

“I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna frak with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...”

Which brought a round of applause from the nervous passengers, Cam got the drift and replied. "Alright Hudson, knock it off..."

The heavily armoured dropship then launched and cloaked as it left it's hangar bay, and true to Davis's word, the inertail dampeners on this vessel were only just adequate as she entered the planets atmoshphere, shuddering and shaking all aboard her, Daniel's face went red as he gripped Vala's hand tighter than he should.

Comment

Working...
                X