Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently promoted Colonel John Sheppard safely piloted Atlantis through the atmosphere of its new home. Known to the SGC as P3X-287, it was a world not dissimilar to Earth - lots of ocean, but a fair amount of solid ground divided into 9 continents.

"So, what are we gonna call this place?" Sheppard asked as he strolled into the control room. "And don't say Atlantis the 3rd, we thought of that six weeks ago and if you remember correctly, I was howled down."

Rodney rolled his eyes. "And quite rightly, too. I mean, Atlantis the 3rd? What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't fully awake at the time and I didn't hear you come up with anything better, Rodney." Sheppard said.

Teyla broke in before it could become an all out argument. "Regardless of what we call our new home, I believe we should send out a few 'jumpers to scout the planet."

"Good idea, Teyla," John said. He then asked Chuck for city-wide access. "Can I have your attention. I need Lorne, Stakehouse and Gibbs to the 'jumper bay with your teams. We're going to do some recognisance of the planet, see what we've got ourselves into. Sheppard out."

Comment

"Ah sir, we have an incoming wormhole." Chuck informed Sheppard a second after he made the announcement.

John looked about to find Woolsey, he couldn't see him anywhere, so carried on. "Close the iris, gate security stand your stations."

"Colonel, it's a transmission from the SGC, it's encrypted into our top file sir." Then wormhole disengaged.

"Put it on a secure hard drive and get McKay up here."

A few moments passed before McKay arrived breathless. "What's up Sheppard you need me to save the galaxy again, I was in the middle of a lovely turkey sandwich."

"Shut it McKay, and see what you make of this transmission."
      Rodney typed a few key strokes and the message was unscrambled. "From Gen O'Neill, beware of potential hostiles in your vicinity originating from the Ida galaxy. Do not engage at this time, repeat do do engage. If contact is shown cloak the city until further orders."

"Hmm, what do you make of that?" McKay asked.

"I don't know, but Caldwell might when the Daedalus arrives next week." John replied as Woolsey came up the stairs.

"Problem Colonel?"

"
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

"Definitely."

Woolsey looks at the pair inquisitively before approaching to read the message.

"Colonel, I think you'd better have defense teams and everyone on standby."

"I thought we aren't supposed to engage," McKay brings up.

"We're not," Sheppard says looking at Woolsey. "Just in case."

"Just in case," Woolsey echoes.

Alarm systems go off indicating a contact on the long range sensors. "Sir, we have an unidentified contact," Chuck informs Woolsey and Sheppard as McKay shoves him away frantically trying to get readings.

Comment

On the new 310 Daniel is walking around with books and notations he extracted from the Asgard core. Just as hi starts to get impatient Vala, Teal'c and Cel. Ellis walk into the room. Vala jumps and seats on an table over Daniel books and crosses her legs. Daniel makes a angry face.

Cel. Elis: Dr. Jackson.

Daniel: Thought you guys would never show. Anyway. Ah i have made some researches over the Asgard core notes that i have and i think that i found references about you new friends.

Vala: I hope they are as strong as muscles here.

Every one turn to Vala with the looks of an inappropriate comment.

Vala: What?

Daniel: Back on topic, it seam that they are an old enemy of the Asgard. One witch have disappear from their sight some 15000 years ago.

Teal'c: Have not the Asgard search for them?

Daniel: Yes they have, but they found no trace what so ever. So the Asgard thought them as extinct.

Cel. Ellis: If Thor's message is right about them having quasi-magic powers.

Teal'c: They must have eluded their sensors.

Vala is not an tech-understanding people and many of these talks are ancients to her.

Cel. Ellis: This only confirm our fear that they can have powers akin the the Ancients.

Teal'c: Indeed!

The phone besides Ellis starts to rang.

Cel. Ellis: Colonel Ellis speaking... Ok.

Looking the the team.

Cel. Ellis: We have detected ships ahead of us.

Teal'c: Free Jaffa ships?

Cel. Ellis: Yes, our presence on the bridge is asked now.

And the team goes off.
          Last edited by Steelbox; 11 February 2010, 04:03 AM. Reason: Grammar Correntions. Corrected the date 5000 to 15000
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

G'rakoosh surveyed the data stream that one of the Lancers was sending, stroking a dark claw down the side of the console as he idly let a phosphorus-like trail follow the movement. All was going perfectly, even if the idea of letting them know they had arrived was a poor idea. Then a smirk appeared. Although, then again, it always was interesting to see what their reactions would be.

Meanwhile: The contact came in a series of phoenician-like lettering, almost a hybrid-looking alphabet of both wraith and ancient. But, of course, both of their languages had diverged from this one. It was sent by the ship at the very point of the chevron formation, hovering steadily about two miles out as they collected their own data; while the burst of technology wasn't a virus, it allowed one of the crew in the first ship to worm his conciousness along the contact as well. And so, mixed in with the data stream, 'he' waited, looking for the chance to infiltrate the system.

Spoiler:
            Sort of like how Weir and Samantha Carter did, only more subtle

Comment

G'tath had penetrated deep into the Milky Way system now, in two hyper bursts he had reached a vector filled with worlds, his co-pilot a female, Shedar confirmed this part of the Galaxy was teeming with habited worlds, all slaves for the making. A beeping on Shadar's main console alerted her to a contact, and Rimzak in his rear seat activated the defence grid, and armed weapons.

"Seems like we may have our first taste of what these beings are capable of." G'tath said in his slurred speech.

"Yes, I think we may enjoy this brother." Shadar replied.

The Dreadnaught and Hataks had been surveying the vicinty of three worlds and found nothing, then began extending their patrol to the further reaches of the galaxy. Abe Ellis was anxious, he had a feeling that would not go away.

"Sir we have a single contact, bearing zero niner seven degrees starboard, inclination twenty five degrees, fifty thousand meters." The EW officer, Lt. Susan Kelly called out.

"Identify?"

"Ah, no sir, it's nothing we have in our data." The young woman replied. "Small, somewhat larger than our F307's sir, a long range scout I would presume."

"Alert our friends Kelly, and Jose' go to cloak." He ordered his Gunnery Officer, Lt. Commander Jose' Hernandez.

"Sir, already on it."
              Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 10 February 2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

The G'nash Lancer came within firing range of the allied ships, and slowed, it seemed that even cloaked it may have detected the larger ships. "I have some energy reading on several vessels in this area brother." Shadar said as she turned to scan the starscape before them. "They be using some kind of Ancient or Asgard cloaking mechanism."

"Obviously Shadar. Find that language we intercepted ealier, run it through our translator and send a broad frequency message. We come peacefully to your sphere, seeking friendship and communication. Rimzak, the moment the lower their cloak, open fire, we will die today but not in vane, relay all energy patters back to the mothership, they will at least know the level of resistance we face."
                Last edited by RogueRanger; 21 February 2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

On the 310 Lt. Commander Jose Hernandes receive an hail from the unknown vessel.

"Sir we are being hailed and we are receiving a message." said the Lt.

"How can they know we are here? Aren't we clocked?" said Vala.

Even more intrigued said the Lt. "Yes somehow they can detect us."

"I am having a bad feeling about this." said Daniel.

"Indeed."

"Put it on the screen." Said Ellis.

The message appear in rough English.

Abe starts to read. After reading he says . "Well what do you think Daniel. Are they really friendly?"

"I doubt that. The Asgard message was clear. They are as bad as they come."

"If we lower our clock we will be at their mercy." said Teal'c.

"Alright. Lt. hail them back and translate this into Asgard.

"Lower your shield, and prepare to be boarded." "Lt. as soon as we drop out of clock raise the shield and arm weapons."

"Yes sir!"
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Abe Ellis waited the moments for a repsonse, it didn't take too long for one to return.

"We are far too small for boarding, we will do as you say, and dock with you,if your ship will receive us." In perefect English now. Daniel was amazed at the speed at which they picked that up.

"Colonel?" Zhiang, looked at her CO.

"Tell them we will decloak this ship only, and for them to await one of our craft to lead them in." He said cautiously

"Do you think that wise Colonel Ellis?" Teal'c said raising an eyebrow.

"No, but until we see their true intension, I have no desire to blindly start shooting until they show their hand."

"Sir, our scans show they have lowered their shields." Kelly called out.

"Right, decloak now and launch a 307."

"Ah, now we shall see my friends, they send a fly into the web, wait until it is close enough to allow them to feel we are genuine then destroy it. Start transmitting energy data now G'Tath said.

The pilot of the 307, Marine Captain Adam Franks arced the fighter over and around the G'Nash Lancer, getting a good look at it and relaying images of it back to the Dreadnaught. He came around for another pass, directly to the others port beam and that was the last he knew, the Lancer firing a reddish orange pulse beam that obliterated the Tauri craft.

"Now would be a good time to die." G'Tath said cruelly, and began targetting the 310.

"Damn! I knew it!" Ellis swore. Hernandez, take that thing out of my sight.

"Sir!" The weapons officer repiled. He located the targeting computer of the Asgard beam weapon and the G'Nash fighter was no more.

Rak'nor, witnessed the whole scene and scanned his data, the energy from that alien fighter could have taken down a Hatak, a worried frown creased his face.

Light years away, the G'nash commander show his wicked teeth. "Ah, it seems the Ancients children have some powerful toys." He read the flow of data coming from the Lancer before it stopped.
                    Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 10 February 2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Usually writing involves a sort of mock plotline. This is difficult since we're different people (different styles) and many things happening at once. Also, this has become a epic showdown between good and evil. There was no exploration or anything! Ah well.

Commander G'rakoosh smiles as he reads the data. They have shown their hand. Makes it all the easier to crush them. Hopefully, the Pegasus incursion is going as well.

McKay informs everyone after taking some readings, "This can't be, it's the renegade Asgards."

Woolsey exclaims, "What? How did they get here? No matter, shoot it down."

Sheppard replies, "Yes, sir."

He starts to rush out but McKay says, "They're hailing us."

Sheppards asks, "Why would they do that?"
                      Last edited by jmoz; 14 February 2010, 08:57 PM. Reason: To continue the present direction, enjoy, let me know if further editing is necessary

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                        Usually writing involves a sort of mock plot line. This is difficult since we're different people (different styles) and many things happening at once. Also, this has become a epic showdown between good and evil. There was no exploration or anything! Ah well.
                        Spoiler:

Try to evolve your histories a little more. Your part has no beginning. How did they find Atlantis? How did they came there without Atlantis knowing. Of course just some hints.

Just when Atlantis was going to reply, lights and computers begins to flicker.

"Woolsey: What is this."

"McKay: I don't know! Some kind of electro magnetic interference. Lets see if i can..." McKay makes an surprised face.
                        "McKay: Oh no. No. No, no, no, no, no. It can't be."

"Woolsey: What?"

"McKay: Sheppard! Get to the chair ASAHP, they are accessing and copying our database remotely!"

"Sheppard: What? On my way!" Luckily he was near an transport closets.

"Woolsey: What? How can we stop that?"

"McKay: I don't know, we need to destroy that ship!"

Sheppard taps his radio.

"Sheppard: Marks! Lorne! Get to the jummpers and get up there!"

As when Sheppard finishes with Lorne he reaches the Chair. He seats and the chair comes to life and recline back.

"Sheppard: It's quite big of a ship." Sheppard notices trough Atlantis's much more sensitive short range censor."

"McKay: We need to destroy that ship at all cost! We have no way to knowing when they will finish uploading all the information."

"Sheppard: Doing that!"

An swarms of drones come flying off of Atlantis and keeps going up fast. Back at Atlantis the light comes back normal and the computers also.

"McKay: Sheppard!? Did you destroy it"

"Sheppard: Almost there!"

Seconds before the drones hit the ship it starts to maneuver and it enters Hyperspace!

"Sheppard: Dammit! They escaped!"

"McKay: Holy bucket!"

"Woolsey: Well it's better if i go and start the paper work and find a way to explain this."
                        Last edited by Steelbox; 11 February 2010, 04:02 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys we are trying to evolve a sensible story line here, the plot is in the initial discovery of a new race and first contact, I have already once had to move away from this constant return to Atlantis, it may be there later at some time, but please at least try and make your posts follow what is written before you. We can explore, as that is part of the nature of interstellar travel, but lets stick to the line or as was posted on the first page your post will be deleted. I would appreciate it if both of you edited your posts so that it reflects the current story line. This what you have written makes no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            but please at least try and make your posts follow what is written before you.
                            That i did. My part does make sence. The problem is that jmoz part does not it has no tail or head. Ask him to scrap the Renegade Asgard idea. The G'nash not he Renegade Asgard, somehow find Atlantis, recognize it as an Ancient city and access the Database. Simple and it works.
                            Last edited by Steelbox; 11 February 2010, 01:43 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Sir we've just had an encryted data burst from Atlantis via the SGC." Zhiang told her Captain.

"What does it say?" Ellis asked as the SG1 members looked a little confused, Daniel mouthed the word 'Atlantis?'

"They had a contact that was agressive, they fired drones at it, but whatever it was evaded the drones and went into hyperspace."

"Seems like our new friends have been busy." Cam said to no one in particular.

"Indeed, it may be prudent Colonel Ellis if we could find the base of operation of these newcomers to our galaxy and ascertain their strength." Telal'c replied.

"Very wise muscles." Vala just punched him in the ribs, to which he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yes that's a plan. Ok tell Rak'nor Zhiang, we'll split into two ships apiece. Recon only, no contact. It's better we have information we can deliver alive, than one if we're dead. They originated from Thor homeworld galaxy, so our planets closest to any entry point along here.." He pointed to a star map on the perspex display.." would be a good starting point for the search. SG1 I want you to organise some ground troops from those we have aboard, we have a few of our Marines, some from Brazil and forty Australian SAS, so you won't have any trouble picking who you need."

"What will we need the soldiers for at this point Colonel?" Vala asked.

"If we can get near undetected, a ground recon will add to our intel."

"I agree." Said Teal'c.
                              **************************************************

G'rakoosh smiled as his city ship, much like the Lantean ones, but older, settled into the glassy waters of PXW 588, "All is going well" he thought, as he watched three more burst from hyper space above his own.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Ok, tell me the necessary edits and I'll do it. I mean the good Asgard knows them, so I thought it would be good for the renegade Asgard to show up and offer intel because they are also threatened by them. Anyways, just tell me the edits and I'll edit. Don't worry won't post again, but will read and see where this story goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X