Counterstrike
    The Quest, Part 1
    The Quest, Part 2
    Bad Guys

Episodes I was OK with:
    Morpheus
    Uninvited
    Company of Thieves
    Bounty - I didn't hate this episode, but it really did have some truly cringeworthy moments (the bus? )
    Line in the Sand
    The Road Not Taken
    The Shroud
    Dominion - too rushed, should have been a two-parter.

Hated:
    Insiders - Really REALLY hated this episode.
    The Pegasus Project - I liked the Daniel/Vala portions, but I have a hard time watching most of the Rodney scenes without getting angry.
    200 - The only part I liked was the invisible O'Neill sequence, although I could have done without the shower scene.
    Talion - What can I say?
    Family Ties - completely cringeworthy episode IMO, terribly done backstory for poor Vala.
    Unending - interesting concept that I thought was horribly done, and kind of killed D/V for me as a ship.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Another fun tournament!

Though in my own perfect world The Shroud and Memento Mori would have been in first and second place. I liked Unending, but both parts of The Quest kind of run together for me; I only watched them once.

Comment

I'm going to miss these tournaments.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          19. The Road Not Taken
          (To me, this is the one episode that was a let-down not because of the writing or acting, but because of the idea. One of the great things about SF is that it takes RL issues and takes them out of the RL contexts...but this episode didn't do that - it just felt like any other show trying to make a political statement )
          Yeah, that was my problem too. AUs are always fun to play with what-ifs. I loved the ideas with alt!Rodney and alt!Lorne I just didn't like how in every AU they're always headed for certain destruction, the government is always corrupt and the stargate is always public and this is all just explaining why the stargate can't be made public...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with Uninvited higher, but I totally understand why people don't like it, lol! I love it because it's a B-movie plot with amusing Vala moments

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Great tournament everyone. I'm relatively happy with the winner being The Quest, Part 2.

One change for sure though - Talion would have ranked much higher than it did.
            Agreed!

And Talion is the only episode out of the entire 10 years of Stargate that I have never seen! But It can't be any worse than Insiders which I absolutely cannot stand. Unseen, I'd rank it 14th in the standings this tourney generated. Suppose I'll actually have to see it one day to judge it accordingly.

My rankings.... worst to best:

Family Ties...utter waste of an episode. The tourney got that ranking spot on. Vala deserved a better backstory ep than that one. Absolutely the worst episode out of the 214 episodes of Stargate. wth were they thinking?

Insiders....This episode was total garbage. I hate it b/c it makes the SGC look like complete and total idiots who have absolutely no concept of the word security. They might as well have had me running security on that base. Plus I don't like the whole Baal clones storyline. One of the worst episodes of Stargate ever because of lazy writing.

Unending...Asgard commit suicide and we get the uber tech. If it weren't for that, I suppose I wouldn't dislike it as much as I do.

Bounty...Ugh! This made it past the drawing board? It may have some redeemable scenes, but I've only seen it once when it originally aired and never again so I only remember the bad.

Company of Thieves...Not a fan of the Lucian Alliance story arc.

Morpheus...waste of an episode and waste of an episode title. I really thought this one would be a good one but it fell flat. So b/c it disappointed it gets a worse rating than "meh".

Moving into the "meh" episodes that are practically interchangeable.....

The Quest, Pt. 1...don't hate it, don't love it. Nothing special about it.

200...I love Wormhole X-treme! This one...not so much. It was good for a laugh, but there is zero substance there.

The Shroud...um I was expecting something more from this Daniel story after QP2 *shrug*. Plus based on what I can recall, didn't much care for the Daniel/Jack banter. Eh, episode just didn't grab me.

Dominion...I honestly don't remember all that much about this one other than Adria got stuck with a snake and then ascended.

I guess I'll stick Talion right here as a break between "meh" and somewhat more liked eps.

Memento Mori...wth! I'll give it points for a near nekid BB and a cheesy motorcycle chase. Otherwise, I could take it or leave and toss it in with the other "meh" eps.

Bad Guys..umm I have more positive than meh feelings about this one so I'll stick it here. I guess it was a funnish episode.

The Road Not Taken...while I agree that the whole AU set up the writers presented to Carter was less than creative, I liked it well enough as a Carter episode. Plus Lorne was head of SG-1.

Uninvited...the B sci-fi feel didn't really bother me as I can actually recall this episode and recall half way liking it.

Moving on up to the more well like episodes.....

Flesh and Blood...the creepy kids, the Tomin bits, decent season opener.

Counterstrike...had a classic episode feel to it. A nice stand alone.

Line In the Sand...liked the Sam/Cam friendship bits and the story was pretty decent.

The Pegasus Project...enjoyed the cross over and the passionate Daniel of old. Yeah the bit with Rodney and the lemon was cruel as I like McKay well enough but not enough for me to pan the episode.

The Quest, Part 2...I thought it was the best. While I was never a fan of the Ori story or the whole running around looking for the magical way to defeat them, this one was a good all-around character episode for me. Plus it took a more serious tone.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
              I'm glad I'm not the only one with Uninvited higher, but I totally understand why people don't like it, lol! I love it because it's a B-movie plot with amusing Vala moments
              Oh yeah, I love "Uninvited" cause it's just fun to watch. You're right, it does have a very B-movie feel to it It's never going to be a "classic" but it has this innate watchability (not a word, I know) for me. It's one of the few episodes I can just pop in and watch and enjoy without having to think about the Ori or any previous episodes. Plus, the sheriff getting eaten by that horrible CGI creature was downright hilarious...it rivals the girl-getting-hit-by-bus in "Bounty"

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I hope this doesn't get me the same response as the season 9 list

Episodes I liked

Line In the Sand
                The Quest, Part 1
                The Quest, Part 2
                Dominion
                The Shroud
                The Pegasus Project
                The Road Not Taken

Episodes I can stand, but not really liked

Company of Thieves
                Memento Mori
                Flesh & Blood
                Counterstrike
                Morpheus
                Uninvited
                Insiders

Episodes I wish I can forget

Unending
                Bounty
                Bad Guys
                Family Ties
                Talion

The episodes in the groups don't have any order.
                sigpic

Comment

Heyyoo!! I'm happy with the final result!
                  Quest P2 is also my fav. episode of S10.

so here my list:

The Quest, Part 2:I really liked this episode. Great Daniel, serious Daniel/Vala moments and made me realize how important Daniel to Vala. and had an amazing scene between Vala and Cam. The ending was pretty good too.

Counterstrike:Unlike most of people, I enjoyed this episode so much. After Flesh and Blood, it was the last time Adria got me a little scared. I thought she was a great villianess in this episode but after she kinda lost her villianness for me for some obscure reasons. The scene of hee and the Jaffa she had returned back gave me creeps. And I especially liked their relatioships, the hug and her genuine happiness when she thought her mother had come back for her.

Dominion: It was good but it could be better. The plot of the episode was really neat. If it had been two parters, probably it would have been my favorite episodes, still I really liked it.

Unending: I felt so sorry when they killed Asgard but it didn't make me furious because I think it wasn't out of character for Asgard. It felt rush, yeah, I can understand where they were coming from. I liked the use of montage, I liked the choice of music. And I'm a D/V shipper and for me it was a great way to get them together. I don't believe they were out of character and I believe that scene was really so close what could have been in real life when we were confused of our feelings and afraid of getting hurt. Anyway, I liked it overall.

Memento Mori: I really have a love-hate relation with this episode. I was expecting a lot of more from this episode regarding Vala's past. I wanted to see images of her life as Qetesh and learn more about her. But I loved what we saw onscreen. I was expecting more, sometimes it kinda looked like a fanfic, but it had some very good scenes. Good humor and Vala's true nature as a survival. She was really good with this episode, as much as Daniel. Especially the ending, liked it much. So I kinda felt a little disappointed but at the same time I want to take home this episode and feed it with cookies because I liked it so much.

Flesh & Blood: A very good season openner. Enjoyable.

Pegasus Project: Daniel in his Disneyland. Loved the Supergate scenes.

200: As a special episode, I think it was really great.

The Shroud:It definitely should be two parter. Period.

Line In the Sand: If only it had Daniel...it could have been at top three. A good episode, but I missed Daniel immensily.

Company of Thieves: Leather and uniform fetish. Do you really need anything else?? I adore Vala's Princess Leia pigtails.

Morpheus: Liked the Vala's part and the team's story was a great idea but it kinda felt flat onscreen. It could be better.

The Quest, Part 1: Loved the begining but then something happened to Vala. I hate that hairdye with a passion. Overall, it wasn't bad but I don't like to see characters behaving OOC for comic relief. Even one minute was enough to ruin episode for me.

Road Not Taken: It was a good episode but Sam as a character doesn't interest me much so a story focused on her didn't pick up my interest. Besides, I'm not a big fan of alternative times. "There But For the Grace of God" was an excellent example for those kind of stories and I wish it had stopped there with it.

Talion: Ah, Jaffa revenge thing. I think Teal'c deserves better, a lot of much better. But had a great Daniel/Vala moment, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Insiders: The only good thing was that we had a lot of Baal's around. And, goodness that man is hot!!! So smug but hot. I don't remember anything else much, if i've to be honest. Oh, Vala/Baal was hot too. Himm..

Uninvited: Cam's car and 'ameuturs are coming' and the poker. Hee.

Bounty: Eye candy but a waste of episode.

Bad Guys: Funny but a waste of episode.

Family Ties: a total waste of talent of good actors and time. I still try to forget that it ever happened. So silly that it wasn't even funny.
                  Last edited by gioia; 13 June 2008, 02:47 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    Insiders....This episode was total garbage. I hate it b/c it makes the SGC look like complete and total idiots who have absolutely no concept of the word security. They might as well have had me running security on that base. Plus I don't like the whole Baal clones storyline. One of the worst episodes of Stargate ever because of lazy writing.
                    I completely agree. Really really can't stand that episode.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    The Pegasus Project...enjoyed the cross over and the passionate Daniel of old. Yeah the bit with Rodney and the lemon was cruel as I like McKay well enough but not enough for me to pan the episode.
                    Actually....I know everyone always thinks about the lemon scene, but really Sheppard giving it to Cam didn't bother me that much. It was the scenes in the conference room in the beginning with everyone rolling their eyes at Rodney and then the scenes with Cam and Sam and Rodney on the ship later that bugged me. I didn't even feel like he was written the same way that he was normally on Atlantis. And I love Cam, but he really irritated me in this episode.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

LoneStar1836, I know there's disagreement, but my opinion is not to bother! It was a total regression in Teal'c's character, the jaffa revenge thing was done to death before season 5... and it should have been left in those early episodes... it's like Teal'c has had no character development, and leave it to our writers, that's probably true. I think "Uninvited" had better Teal'c character development in that whole "Ironic" moment alone!

but we'll probably disagree because I liked Insiders, I thought it was amusing (and it was the episode that made me a Teal'c/Vala shipper, lol!)

200 was my favorite Sg1 episode... ever. every time I watch it I'm in tears by the time I get to the puppet scene.

The thing I liked most about Pegasus Project was the fact that we had Ori and Wraith in the same ep, great stuff for a fun crossover I liked the mystery with Morgan Le Fey and it also had Col Emerson *swoon* I love Rodney, but I didn't have a problem with the lemon thing because I don't think he's really allergic to citrus. My biggest problem with McKay was the whole exchange with Sam and he relating to Grace Under Pressure... I hate it when he does stuff like that.

another game?? huh huh huh?

Comment

20. Insiders "Security? What's that?"
                        19. Bounty
                        18. Family Ties
                        17. Uninvited The only episode where Vala annoyed me... Although I still like it, apart from that and the dodgy CGI.
                        16. Memento Mori A few nice character moments, but the episode overall isn't great.
                        15. Morpheus
                        14. The Road Not Taken
                        13. The Quest I
                        12. Company of Thieves
                        11. Talion
                        10. Counterstrike
                        9. Line in the Sand
                        8. Bad Guys
                        7. Flesh and Blood
                        6. Dominion Loved Baal being a proper bad guy again.
                        5. The Pegasus Project An excellent crossover.
                        4. The Shroud Great episode. Some top Jack/Daniel banter. Maybe could have done more with the "Is Daniel evil?" stuff.
                        3. The Quest II The Daniel/Vala/Cam stuff was great, and the Carter/Teal'c/Baal stuff was a nice little comic counterpoint.
                        2. Unending Loved it.
                        1. 200 Genius.

Oh, thanks for the tourney, Stef!

Comment

LoneStar1836, I know there's disagreement, but my opinion is not to bother! It was a total regression in Teal'c's character, the jaffa revenge thing was done to death before season 5... and it should have been left in those early episodes... it's like Teal'c has had no character development, and leave it to our writers, that's probably true. I think "Uninvited" had better Teal'c character development in that whole "Ironic" moment alone!

but we'll probably disagree because I liked Insiders, I thought it was amusing (and it was the episode that made me a Teal'c/Vala shipper, lol!)

200 was my favorite Sg1 episode... ever. every time I watch it I'm in tears by the time I get to the puppet scene.

The thing I liked most about Pegasus Project was the fact that we had Ori and Wraith in the same ep, great stuff for a fun crossover I liked the mystery with Morgan Le Fey and it also had Col Emerson *swoon* I love Rodney, but I didn't have a problem with the lemon thing because I don't think he's really allergic to citrus. My biggest problem with McKay was the whole exchange with Sam and he relating to Grace Under Pressure... I hate it when he does stuff like that.

another game?? huh huh huh?
                          Yeah, see I don't entirely dislike more than a couple of episodes from this season ("The Road Not Taken" and "Family Ties") but even those two episodes have their moments...in the case of FT, they have MANY good moments. For most of the episodes my opinion is based on stand-out scenes I remember...so "Insiders" to me boils down to more Ba'al's interrogations (especially the hot one with Vala ) rather than say...the incompetence of the SGC. So I don't have particularly any negative feelings about Insiders. This is also why "Counterstrike" and "The Pegasus Project" tend to fall flat with me. There's nothing wrong with either of them (unless you really like Rodney ) but nothing ever stands out to me as particularly that memorable. There are things I like....but no one big scene I remember. So more often than not I tend to forget that they exist

As for 200, LOOOOVE it. I laugh every time puppet!Daniel writes on the board or tries to circle the gate on the computer! My favorite part though is teen!SG-1 because it's just so ludicrous, I love it! The re-use of Cam's "catch-phrase" where it actually kinda works, "T-Dog," teen!Daniel feeling insecure about teen!Cam's feelings, and teen!Vala being pregnant, lol, all gold

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                          Oh, thanks for the tourney, Stef!
                          Hey, no problem I'm just glad to see there were so many people out there who wanted to play! And we managed to make it through the entire tournament with...limited conflict

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Actually....I know everyone always thinks about the lemon scene, but really Sheppard giving it to Cam didn't bother me that much. It was the scenes in the conference room in the beginning with everyone rolling their eyes at Rodney and then the scenes with Cam and Sam and Rodney on the ship later that bugged me. I didn't even feel like he was written the same way that he was normally on Atlantis. And I love Cam, but he really irritated me in this episode.
                            Well yeah that was the first thing that came to mind but I also know what other parts you are talking about as I didn't find them necessary either. I mean Rodney can be an a** but Cam doesn't even know him.

I mostly like the episode for the Daniel stuff.

No problem. I like reading other peoples' opinions of what they like or dislike about the various episodes. I may not always agree, but it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't share my opinion.

Well like I said, I've never watched Talion. I was on the PC when the episode aired and I paid zero attention to it even though I had it on in the background.

I've read why people like and dislike it. I'm kinda neutral on it until I get a chance to see it for myself. I like Teal'c. Some eps that focused on him have been great and others have stunk. I'll eventually get around to seeing it.

As far as Insiders goes, I just couldn't get past the incompetence to even try to enjoy or appreciate any of that episode. I just don't like it that the writers dumbed down the people at the SGG (which would included Landry on down because it reflects very poorly on the man at the top...that such an incompetent is running that military facility) in order to create their story. The writers were flat out lazy, and, imo, disrespectful of the fans of Stargate for passing that garbage off as an episode. It (the awful security) may just be a background detail to the episode, but this show is supposed to have at least one foot planted in a believable reality. I know the SGC has had security problems before, but after 10 years of running such a highly classified and supposedly secure facility, that episode happens. It totally betrays the reality of the show and ruins any kind of enjoyment of the episode I may have had because now the writers have me focusing on such an absurdity because they couldn't think of any intelligent way to get the outcome they were seeking. As a fan of the show, it was a slap in the face to me.

But that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            Yeah, see I don't entirely dislike more than a couple of episodes from this season ("The Road Not Taken" and "Family Ties") but even those two episodes have their moments...in the case of FT, they have MANY good moments. For most of the episodes my opinion is based on stand-out scenes I remember...so "Insiders" to me boils down to more Ba'al's interrogations (especially the hot one with Vala ) rather than say...the incompetence of the SGC. So I don't have particularly any negative feelings about Insiders. This is also why "Counterstrike" and "The Pegasus Project" tend to fall flat with me. There's nothing wrong with either of them (unless you really like Rodney ) but nothing ever stands out to me as particularly that memorable. There are things I like....but no one big scene I remember. So more often than not I tend to forget that they exist
                            I agree that Counterstrike has nothing that particularly stands out. It's just a generic adventure episode. A stand alone.

But for me, the episode had nothing in it that I hated or really disliked, and for episodes in season 9 and 10, that's a big plus for me so those episodes get bumped up really high in my rankings. I just thought it was a nice little actiony stand alone episode that was fairly enjoyable. Nothing spectacular about the plot other than I could sit there and watch it and not be turned off by the dialogue, the way the characters were actings, the plot, etc. etc.

Now for PP I can partly agree, but I thought some of the Daniel stuff was quite memorable. Like his passionate speech to what's-her-name the Ancient. That was the Daniel that I enjoy.

As far as 200, it was quite funny (though it could have done without Michael Peter D's (too many dang DeLuise brothers) stupid cursing at the end but as I understand it he does that a lot on the dvd commentaries...), but it just didn't have much substance to the storyline. Wormhole X-treme! was quite funny, imho, as I got most of the inside jokes without having to listen to dvd commentary. Granted it took me quite a few viewings to actually come to appreciate and enjoy that episode...as I didn't think too much of it the first few times I saw it. Anyway, WX had a plot to the episode that carried over from Point of No Return. Yeah 200 carried on the theme with Martin, but the plot made no sense...had no purpose. *shrug* It was funny just to be funny. It told no story like WX or WoO.

Thanks again, Stef for the tourney.
                            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 14 June 2008, 04:46 PM.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

It was fun all, no doubt about that. Later.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for a great tournie Stef! Best ep won hands down yay!

My ranking... hmm lets see

The Quest ( I see this as one ep - Daniel powers? Indiana Jones style ep - what more could u possibly want! Fantastic, and one of my very fave eps of Stargate all together.)
                                Unending (cos of teh yeah... )
                                The Shroud (again powers! And Jack!)
                                The Pegasus Project (just a great crossover, loved seeing the guys working together)
                                Memento Mori (such a wonderful D/V ep... and the scene in the warehouse... perfect, just perfect)
                                Counterstrike
                                200 (fun!)
                                Dominion (great Vala ep)
                                Company of Thieves (captain Daniel )
                                Flesh and Blood (a pretty descent season opener)
                                Line in the Sand (loved Sam and Cam here)
                                Bounty (girl gets squashed my bus, if that's not entertainment I don't know what is And I kinda liked the Cam backstory too actually)
                                The Road Not Taken (I loved McKay in this ep)
                                Talion (great Teal'c ep! But I'm not a huge Teal'c fan so...)
                                Morpheus (only like the first scene, and Vala at the shrink was of course hysterical but the other storyline is crap)
                                Bad Guys

v all bad v
                                Insiders
                                Family Ties
                                Uninvited
                                Last edited by Ronja; 14 June 2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X