X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Shepherd
    -marble

Comment

I'm gonny jump into this tourney if that's all right, Celsius. I wanted to be involved from the beginning, but I was too late to vote in the first round. I'll start voting once this tie breaker round is over.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Are Daniel/Vala fans not welcome to vote here? I thought all fans of the show, regardless of their specific character preferences, were going to be respected and welcomed here. I would appreciate it if you didn't call out and cast suspicion on voters simply because you don't agree with their votes. Thanks.

And for the record, I came to this thread after seeing it in the F&G section....not through any "advertisement" in the D/V thread.

-Stef
        Oh, you're more than welcome...if it's fair, if the individual(s) were here from the beginning or trickled in as the tournament went on. But you can't tell me that the sudden block voting is just a mere coincidence. And advertisements don't necessarily have to be on the D/V thread...in fact I'd be surprised if they were, seeing as last time the advertisement was posted in the 'Tournament' thread by another member...PMs would do just as well. And I have every right to be suspicious given the evidence I’m presented with.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Oh, you're more than welcome...if it's fair, if the individual(s) were here from the beginning or trickled in as the tournament went on. But you can't tell me that the sudden block voting is just a mere coincidence. And advertisements don't necessarily have to be on the D/V thread...in fact I'd be surprised if they were, seeing as last time the advertisement was posted in the 'Tournament' thread by another member...PMs would do just as well. And I have every right to be suspicious given the evidence I’m presented with.
          It's a game! Even if people were encouraging others, which I'm not sure is the case, that is not cheating. The more you call people out, the more people will feel the need to retaliate...or worse, they'll feel unwelcome and leave...which only reinforces your "block-voting" hypothesis. The last game went haywire after people went out of their way to discredit voters...please don't do it again here. Just because you don't like our votes, don't assume we're all conspiring against you. Everyone has a right to vote here, no matter how they come to the game.

And your evidence, I may point out, is circumstantial. Correlation does not equal causation. It's one thing to think it, it's another to post it...which comes across as an accusation.

Please, can we just play the game?!

-Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 30 November 2007, 10:53 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sheppard
            sigpic

Comment

Shepherd to stay

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                It's a game! Even if people were encouraging others, which I'm not sure is the case, that is not cheating. The more you call people out, the more people will feel the need to retaliate...or worse, they'll feel unwelcome and leave...which only reinforces your "block-voting" hypothesis. The last game went haywire after people went out of their way to discredit voters...please don't do it again here. Just because you don't like our votes, don't assume we're all conspiring against you. Everyone has a right to vote here, no matter how they come to the game.

And your evidence, I may point out, is circumstantial. Correlation does not equal causation. It's one thing to think it, it's another to post it...which comes across as an accusation.

Please, can we just play the game?!

-Stef
                You're right, it is a game...and was a fair game with a rounded sample of voters. These voters are fans of various characters for various reasons. However, when one group goes out of their way to get like-minded people to take part, this tournament isn't fun for the other fans anymore. There's block voting, giving everyone a heads up on whose coming first and second...so then what's the point in anyone else even playing? I've already received a couple PMs and greens for my previous posts agreeing with me but not wanting to make a fuss. It's only 'fun and games' when people play fair and the result isn't pre-determined due to block voting.

And FYI, the other tournament is doing just fine right now, after all the block voters left. There are episodes in the final ten that I hate and love but that's what you get with a rounded sample of voters. Trust me this isn't because of who you're voting for but the "tactics" that only this group seem to be using.

Now, of course I don't know for sure if this is happening and quite obviously not every D/V fan is taking part as some have been voting before this round, but I'm a mathematician and we use correlation for probability...and the fact that the number of D/V votes increased the same time the number people playing increased leads me to easily conclude that the probability of these new voters being D/V fans is pretty high. However, Mathematician or Psychologist - you don't need to be a genius to reach that conclusion.

But I'm certainly not going to demand anyone leave, however I will request that if any fans did come in with direct advertising from another member to vote for certain characters and have the intention of doing so...you may want to reconsider staying or bring in people who are fans of other characters to perhaps balance things out a bit.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                  Spoiler:
                  You're right, it is a game...and was a fair game with a rounded sample of voters. These voters are fans of various characters for various reasons. However, when one group goes out of their way to get like-minded people to take part, this tournament isn't fun for the other fans anymore. There's block voting, giving everyone a heads up on whose coming first and second...so then what's the point in anyone else even playing? I've already received a couple PMs and greens for my previous posts agreeing with me but not wanting to make a fuss. It's only 'fun and games' when people play fair and the result isn't pre-determined due to block voting.

And FYI, the other tournament is doing just fine right now, after all the block voters left. There are episodes in the final ten that I hate and love but that's what you get with a rounded sample of voters. Trust me this isn't because of who you're voting for but the "tactics" that only this group seem to be using.

Now, of course I don't know for sure if this is happening and quite obviously not every D/V fan is taking part as some have been voting before this round, but I'm a mathematician and we use correlation for probability...and the fact that the number of D/V votes increased the same time the number people playing increased leads me to easily conclude that the probability of these new voters being D/V fans is pretty high. However, Mathematician or Psychologist - you don't need to be a genius to reach that conclusion.

But I'm certainly not going to demand anyone leave, however I will request that if any fans did come in with direct advertising from another member to vote for certain characters and have the intention of doing so...you may want to reconsider staying or bring in people who are fans of other characters to perhaps balance things out a bit.
                  Haven't you already done that by calling us all cheaters? Who wants to play a game when you're being insulted for doing so?

EDIT: Regardless, this conversation is better suited for other threads or just PMs. Sorry for my part in dragging it on.

-Stef
                  Last edited by Stef; 30 November 2007, 12:09 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Please, can we just play the game? I come here for fun....what's wrong with encouraging other? More people in here more fun, in this way we don't already know since the beginning who will win.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

John Shepherd
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                        Please, can we just play the game? I come here for fun....what's wrong with encouraging other? More people in here more fun, in this way we don't already know since the beginning who will win.
                        I agree, lets just play the game

-------------

And for the voting:

John
                        sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Shepp!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I am going to vote for Ronon cuz I love him and for the little spat in here here is a thread we can talk about Fandom wars cuz that is what this is hopefully it can remain civil

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43729
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Ronon
                              sigpic

Comment

Sheppard

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X