No announcement yet.

Unas vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a couple ways this could go depending on circumstances.

-If the fight allows weapons it's a virtually instant and cheap win for the Wraith.

-If it's a queen or keeper Wraith the victory is just as cheep via the whole psychic paralysis thing.

-In unarmed combat the Wraith have demonstrated martial arts type fighting skill and Teyla described them as being extremely good fighters. The Unas by contrast is little more than an animal in terms of training and thus will fight like one. Against an adversary of similar strength and endurance like a Wraith who has the added advantage of actual martial training it's going to be at a disadvantage.

-The average Wraith will have had centuries or millenia to train these martial skills if he does indeed practice them.

-The Wraith sucker hands would seem like a legitimate way to actually kill someone in unarmed combat fairly quickly.

The only advantages the Unas has are physical strength and durability but in my opinion those are offset by the fact that the Wraith actually has close combat training while the Unas will just fight with predictable instinctive behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
      Are those masks the warriors are wearing or are their faces just messed up looking? The other Wraiths just look like canabalistic catfish.
      I think they're masks. For some reason the wraith drones remind me of masked Yaut'ja (AKA predators), though in the case of the Wraith it's hair and not tentacles billowing out behind their heads.

Comment

It would depend on which species is harder to kill. The Unas with an implanted Goa'uld seems to be more resilient, easily making it the victor over a Wraith

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
          Theres a couple ways this could go depending on circumstances.

-If the fight allows weapons it's a virtually instant and cheap win for the Wraith.

-If it's a queen or keeper Wraith the victory is just as cheep via the whole psychic paralysis thing.

-In unarmed combat the Wraith have demonstrated martial arts type fighting skill and Teyla described them as being extremely good fighters. The Unas by contrast is little more than an animal in terms of training and thus will fight like one. Against an adversary of similar strength and endurance like a Wraith who has the added advantage of actual martial training it's going to be at a disadvantage.

-The average Wraith will have had centuries or millenia to train these martial skills if he does indeed practice them.

-The Wraith sucker hands would seem like a legitimate way to actually kill someone in unarmed combat fairly quickly.

The only advantages the Unas has are physical strength and durability but in my opinion those are offset by the fact that the Wraith actually has close combat training while the Unas will just fight with predictable instinctive behavior.
          I agree, Very good reasonning

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
            Really? So if you had your average Black Belted Karate practitioner... do you think he will survive an attack by a wild animal like say... a Tiger?
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Thats a good point but is the strength difference between a tiger and a human the same as a wraith and unas?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                Really? So if you had your average Black Belted Karate practitioner... do you think he will survive an attack by a wild animal like say... a Tiger?
                A Tiger enjoys a far greater disparity in strength, speed and natural weapons over a Karate practitioner than an Unas would over a Wraith. The Tiger's body is also built in such a different way that the methods it uses to attack will also be completely different from anything the Karate master has trained for.

A Unas, unlike a Tiger, is a man sized creature that stands upright and fights with its forelimbs and possibly feet or teeth if it gets really creative. As such the majority of its attacks are going to consist of things like claw swipes and maybe puches. Undisciplined attacks from untrained individuals like these are the first thing a martial artist learns how to counter and defeat.

The Wraith will concievably be able to trap limbs and break them and/or throw the Unas to the ground, sidestep his strikes and hit him in return or engage his sucker hands at any stage as part of these counters or attacks.

Look at the fight between Michael and Teyla. During that intense sparring they were doing he managed to slip a fast strike through her guard that turned into a throw which would have ended with her on the floor and him sucking her life out had he still been a Wraith. They train that "lock into life suck" move into their fighting. That's to say that where a trained human might look for say, an opening to land a punch to the chin of his oppoent and score a KO, a Wraith will be looking for an opening to land that grab on the chest and kill the other guy with it.

When Teyla fought Steve she also lost in seconds despite being armed and an experienced stick fighter and the Wraith having no weapons but his hands.

I'm really not seeing a win for the Unas here. It's basically slighty stronger guy with no training vs almost as strong guy with possibly 100s or 1000s of years of training and experience.

Comment

The Unas would win if it was hand to hand. But if there were weapons I would bet on the Wraith (unless if it was Chaka who can use Staff Weapons and Zatts).

Comment

but could the wraith feed on it or are they immune.

Comment

I would have to say the Wraith would feed on the Unas like it was thank's given
                      When i die bury me face down so the
                      hole world can kiss my ass

Please click on these Dragon's for me once a day

Comment

I would have to say the Wraith would feed on the unas like it was thank's given
                        When i die bury me face down so the
                        hole world can kiss my ass

Please click on these Dragon's for me once a day

Comment

Working...
                        X