No announcement yet.

things you would not want to hear on the Atlantis intercom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Neville: Hello...(echos)...Hello...is anyone else alive?

(Rent 'The Omega Man' from Netflix and mark your calendars for 'I Am Legend' coming in December and you'll get it. 'TOM' is great SciFi film from the 70's with Charlton Heston. The book 'I Am Legend' could be argued as the inspiration for all the zombie movies, if not it is definately one of the earlier precursors. This bit of movie history brought to you by:

Spoiler:

The Very Happy British Lady!
    Spoiler:

)
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

hahaha
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

The Very Happy British Lady: I am very, very sadden to announce that due to security concerns, Happy Meal Monday must be canceled. However, in place of the Happy Meals we will be serving broccoli & cauliflower every Monday. So while we won't be happy, we should all be regular - which is something to be happy about after all!
        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
          The Very Happy British Lady: I am very, very sadden to announce that due to security concerns, Happy Meal Monday must be canceled. However, in place of the Happy Meals we will be serving broccoli & cauliflower every Monday. So while we won't be happy, we should all be regular - which is something to be happy about after all!
          ROFLMBO!!
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
            ROFLMBO!!
            Inspired by having to grab lunch at Mickey D's....definitely a GateHead (I should probably post it to the GateHead thread)

Comment

(The Atlantis database is accidently triggered into playing back an announcement from when the Ancients submerged the city...)
              "Now that we have submerged the city, please remember that we will need to conserve water to minimize power and to avoid overworking the water plants. Please remember this basic policy when it comes to water usage - if it's yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down"

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
                (The Atlantis database is accidently triggered into playing back an announcement from when the Ancients submerged the city...)
                "Now that we have submerged the city, please remember that we will need to conserve water to minimize power and to avoid overworking the water plants. Please remember this basic policy when it comes to water usage - if it's yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down"
                That is so gross! I can just imagine the noble Anceints saying that . . .
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

R. Furley: I'm sorry Colonel Sheppard I need your rent money or you're out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    That is so gross! I can just imagine the noble Anceints saying that . . .
                    It was from a ski trip with 15 people in a 3 bedroom / 1 bath with a septic tank.

Comment

And now, live from Orlando! Herreeeessss....The! VERY! HAPPPY! British Lady!

Spoiler:

The Very HAPPY! British Lady: I am sooo HAPPY! to announce that the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam has come to Atlantis to administer the gom jabbar to {your name here}. {your first name}, please report to Colonel Carter's office - immediately. Thank you! and have a HAPPY! day.

Comment

Do I get a happy message for my happy birthday (which was actually yesterday)?

...actually, wait...maybe I don't want a message THAT happy from the VHBL...

Nevermind :s
                        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                          Do I get a happy message for my happy birthday (which was actually yesterday)?

...actually, wait...maybe I don't want a message THAT happy from the VHBL...

Nevermind :s
                          The Very HAPPY! British Lady: I am so HAPPY! to announce that Mimzy has volunterred for a suicide mission to destroy an Asuran research laboratory. While she probably won't be coming back and will most likely suffer sever hallucinations - not to mention having to relive that incident from the third grade - from having her mind probed, but the rest of us will be able to sleep just a little bit better because of her sacrifice. Thank you Mimzy. Would any like some birthday cake? Have a HAPPY! day.

Comment

hey Mimz, i'd green ya for yer birfday but i gotta spread it first... so til then, mental green!!
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Announcement: Members of the Expedition are stricktly forbidden from having copies of 'The Fifth Element' due to the proclivity of the film to distract and otherwise draw people away from their assigned tasks.

Comment

Announcement: We've just received word from Earth that the Cheerleader was NOT, I repeat NOT saved.

Comment

Working...
                                X