Clear All

Endgame
    Full Alert
    Citizen Joe

Comment

Threads
      Full Alert
      Endgame

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Round 7

Zero Hour
        Reckoning, part 1
        Moebius, part 2
        AncientsTimeline

Comment

It's Good to be King
          Endgame

Comment

Round 7

Citizen Joe
            Lockdown
            Full Alert

Originally posted by LoneStar1836

I actually liked Citizen Joe up until that cruddy revelation that Jack had been seeing flashes of some guy's life for like 8 years. AND NEVER SAID ANYTHING!
            that is my biggest reason, but there is also the fact that in most other clip shows, there is a general impact on the rest of the season: eg - politics ... closed the stargate programme down, made it more interesting for the season finale - disclosure ... revealed the stargate programme to other world leaders (+ it had Thor in it) - inauguration ... lead to Kinsey's downfall.

To me, CJ was just pointless
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Round 7

Full Alert
              Moebius Part 1
              Moebius Part 2

Comment

Round 7:

Lockdown
                Endgame

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Round 7
                  Lockdown
                  Zero Hour
                  Citizen Joe
                  sigpic

Comment

Round 7

Endgame
                    Full Alert

Comment

Endgame
                      Full Alert
                      Citizen Joe

Comment

Endgame
                        Full Alert
                        Citizen Joe

Comment

Moebius Part 2
                          Lockdown
                          Endgame

I like Citizen Joe. I watched it right as I got into online fandom, and thought the insider look was interesting. (Yes, I like Wormhole X-Treme too, so you probably think I'm nuts anyway). I definitely grant you the ending with Jack sucked, but I tend to ignore it over the other 40 minutes of lighthearted good humor.

Moebius Part 2-- I was very confused at the ending, and disappointed "our SG-1" appeared to have died, thought it seems that they didn't but it confused me, and the payoff to the premise seemed so anticlimactic and did I mention it confused me?

Lockdown -- the oil slick transferring from one person to another got a bit old. And why did the rules suddenly change that a manual base destruction set could be overridden by one officer (Sam) in the control room? A few cute scenes, but the overall premise was sloppily executed, IMHO.

Endgame -- I like a lot of "scenes" in this episode, like Carter kicking ass with her hands tied behind her back and the follow up to the translation in Affinity, but again serious plot holes. SG-1 decided to beam out with the gate instead of trying to take back the ship? (I know the dvd said they didn't know how many others were on the al'kesh--nice try), and Daniel was the only one who could sneak aboard because everything was in Ancient, but he just blew up the control panel anyway! I love Daniel, but just...no.

Comment

ROUND 7

Full Alert
                            Citizen Joe
                            Threads

Comment

Citizen Joe*joins in the machine gunning*
                              Threads
                              Mobius part 1
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It's Good to Be King
                                Moebius, part 1
                                Moebius, part 2

Changed my mind about Citizen Joe (sorry, everyone). I really kind of enjoyed that episode - if nothing else, because I was amazed that I'd gotten through 3/4 of the show before I even noticed that it was a clip show. The premise was so unusual for a clip show. And it was kind of fun to watch a fan of the show, within the context of the show (a concept which features in a lot of my never-to-be-written-except-in-my-head fanfics, because I have so much fun writing them in my head).

Since Gemini was eliminated, and I changed my mind about another ep, that meant adding two new ones this round - I added IG2BK and the other Moebius. Moebius is just pointless. And shippy. And - did I mention pointless? Wouldn't be so bad, except that it's a season finale. Season finales are not supposed to be pointless.

Besides, I've never had fun watching characters whom I love and identify with making idiots of themselves. That's just not my idea of fun.

IG2BK - added because, although it's generally an ok episode, it contains yet another low point for Daniel's characterization for this season (as if Prometheus Unbound wasn't enough) - I'm referring, of course, to "Sort of a gwango?" GAH! This is DANIEL talking! And sounding like Jack! And not Intelligent!Jack, either, but Brainless!Jack! It's like the writers were having a contest this season to see how badly they can ignore everything that makes Daniel, Daniel.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X