You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

I think we are all a few fries short of a social life considering the time we spend on here........
    actually, i balance GW and RL very well, thank you very much
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      Are you sure about that?

YKYAGHW...

You're on one of the library computers, on Gateworld, while there's a sociology class going on a few feet away...
      "While God waits for his temple to be built of love, men bring stones." -Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

yep like right now i'm chatting with friends... later i'll do hw while on GW i multitask well
        sigpic

Comment

Ykyaghw: Instead of listening to your psychology teacher, you are posting on gateworld and coming up with fanfiction stories.
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
            Ykyaghw: Instead of listening to your psychology teacher, you are posting on gateworld and coming up with fanfiction stories.
            lol... that's me in every class
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
              I said that in the middle of Spanish class today! My teacher just laughed. And now whenever I say it my best friend says "Yeah, well, you're three fries short of a social life." You know, I think she's right.
              Oh, my, I feel soooo proud!!!

You could also say a variation of it like:
              "Le faltan tres papitas para Cajita Feliz!", or
              "Le faltan tres papas fritas para Cajita Feliz".
              Or if you want to stun you teacher you may say something like:
              "Ni equinos sin domesticar me sacarán de aqui!"
              (accent in the i of aqui missing due to problems with English typography!)

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

I think we are all a few fries short of a social life considering the time we spend on here........
              And I beg to differ: GW *IS* part of my social life, I am socializing with you (and practising my English, of course), sharing common interests, talking about others' lives.... RL social life is just *one* of many options...
              Last edited by Lucreleia; 05 October 2007, 09:39 AM.
              Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
              (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                Lol, actually, I do to.... but then, it's not like I have much of a RL social life to begin with, other than work and my horses.

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
                And I beg to differ: GW *IS* part of my social life, I am socializing with you (and practising my English, of course), sharing common interests, talking about others' lives.... RL social life is just *one* of many options...
                Hehe, well, if you want to look at it that way!
                Lol, though, even my interenet IM friends think I'm nuts for obsessing over stargate so much.

YKYAGHW.....
                You went to go see the third Pirates of the Carribean movie and as you walk into the theater you half expect the movie to start with "Last time on Pirates of the Carribean"

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
                  Oh, my, I feel soooo proud!!!

You could also say a variation of it like:
                  "Le faltan tres papitas para Cajita Feliz!", or
                  "Le faltan tres papas fritas para Cajita Feliz".
                  Or if you want to stun you teacher you may say something like:
                  "Ni equinos sin domesticar me sacarán de aqui!"
                  (accent in the i of aqui missing due to problems with English typography!)
                  Oh, I'm going to spend the weekend memorizing those just to say them in Spanish class! My friends are going to think I'm nuts, but I don't care!
                  "While God waits for his temple to be built of love, men bring stones." -Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

YKYAGHW...

During lunch, you suddenly see the symbol for Earth painted on the mural on the cafeteria wall. My friends couldn't see it, so I had to walk up to the wall to show them where it was! lol Now I really want to know who painted it on there. There are only two other gateheads in my school, and neither of them painted it.

Comment

YKYAGHW...

During lunch, you suddenly see the symbol for Earth painted on the mural on the cafeteria wall. My friends couldn't see it, so I had to walk up to the wall to show them where it was! lol Now I really want to know who painted it on there. There are only two other gateheads in my school, and neither of them painted it.
                      It's like Bad Wolf in Doctor Who!

Comment

Or like our garbage can by the door to get food in our cafeteria!!!
                        not even kiddin, it's on the frakkin garbage can. I ought to bring in my camera next week and take a pic
                        Spoiler:
                        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                        I caught frogs and called them prince
                        And made myself a queen
                        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                        I slept in castles and fell in love
                        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                        To capture tinkerbell
                        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                        And anything I can to get by
                        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Otera View Post
                          not even kiddin, it's on the frakkin garbage can. I ought to bring in my camera next week and take a pic
                          YES!!! I want to see it so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                            It's like Bad Wolf in Doctor Who!
                            Bad Wolf in Doctor Who? I'm confused.

Originally posted by Otera View Post
                            Yeah, take a picture! I should take a picture of the cafeteria mural.

Comment

Bad Wolf in Doctor Who? I'm confused.
                              in series one of DW, everywhere the Doctor and Rose go, they see or hear the phrase "Bad Wolf".... in the episode Boom Town the Doctor even comments it's as if those two words are following him throughout time... in Parting of Ways, Ros e absorbs the time vortex and sends the words acroos time and space as eternal clues to lead herself upto that point... so in actualaty, the words were follwing them thru their travels.... they come back in series two, Doomsday... The Doctor and Rose are communicating thru a spacial rift, and the Doctor asks Rose where they are, and she replied "Bad Wolf Cove"... it's a little inside joke between them, b/c even in the end, they couldn't escape the "Bad Wolf"

and the only reason why that's not in spoilers is b/c if you haven't watched thru all that yet, then you're just slow... it's all been aired everywhere...
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm going to spend the weekend memorizing those just to say them in Spanish class! My friends are going to think I'm nuts, but I don't care!
                                Any other translation you may need, just ask!!!
                                I'll be more than glad to give it to you!!
                                I'm eager to become your official "Oh, no, she talks SG even in Spanish!" tutor!!!
                                Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                                (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Working...
                                X