You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arga View Post
    That's funny, imagine we have a "Veteran" vs "Next Generation" group. Veteran is for the people who watched & remember the movie in the cinema in 1994, and the Next Generation is for the people who became of age during SG-1 and caught up later.
    But even if you don't remember seeing the movie in 1994, you can "know" the date, as part of Stargate History. (like I know the date of the Beatles first album, even though I wasn't born).
    Well, I can't blame anybody, coz I didn't know what that october 28 was either

It's only natural to have a preference for the things we experienced when we grew up and feel it's better than what was before and what will come after... with few exceptions..
    I'd post more to Gateworld, but here in the nursing home they insist that we're in bed by 8:00 PM.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
      I was 8, but I don't remember the film at all, though my Mam assures me she saw it and liked it (she's a Kurt Russell fan...). I didn't see the film until a couple of years ago. IMHO...it's really not that good. But maybe I was expecting too much from it having been spoiled by the series for so long!
      I was 1...

But I remember having a few interesting dreams about it... one was a cross between the special effects in the movie and YuGi-Oh...

Anyway...

I just got back from U.S. Space Academy in Huntsville Alabama... I had quite a few moments worth mentioning.

YKYAGHW...

The other kids were talking about the connecting flight from Atlanta to Hunstville and how it's likely we would have a Puddle Jumper (the small airplane, not the space craft...) and you mishear and think they said "Atlantis." Imagine how I reacted.

Once I figured out what they actually said, they started talking about what it looked like. I got annoyed because they described propellers and it's tininess so I took out my copy Stargate SG-1/Atlantis: The Official Magazine (good reading), flipped through it, and showed them a picture of a [i]real[i] Puddle Jumper.

We got to do two missions which were really fun simulations. I was the pilot for the first one and the space shuttle we used in the simulation was Atlantis. At the end I shouted "I got to fly Atlantis, and we didn't even have a ZPM!"

Yup.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatemage View Post
        But that elimiantes anyone who CAN'T REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK IN THEIR LIVES TO KNOW, Like me. I was four that year, For crying out loud!! I never really liked the film either, I far rather the series
        I was 4 too! I dont think that the assumption about knowing Oct. 28th makes you a true gatehead. I was to busy running around like the pink power ranger when I was 4, lol.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
        hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
          I am very greived that you were to young to experience the premier of STARGATE when it opened in theatres that night. It was an event like no other and sadly only comes once in a lifetime...if you have a brother or sister that's about four years younger than you, then maybe your parents were greatly inspired by the film....
          i was too young at the time as well.... and my parents aren't scifi fans.... but i did find the official full length movie trailer on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7s1BiL8GPqc
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
            i was too young at the time as well.... and my parents aren't scifi fans.... but i did find the official full length movie trailer on youtube

Remarkable! Thanks a lot. I've never watched the trailer before because the poster of the movie outside the cinema was enough to make me want to see it

It's funny how we see the final destruction of Ra's ship in the middle of the trailer, just as they're supposed to emerge from the Gate! in the KALIEM galaxy! haha. But i like the fast action packed montage showing the events of Abydos in non chronological order. That was fun.

It's weird that there are so many people here who were 4 when the movie came out.. I mean, not 3, not 5, but exactely 4! it is statistically funny.
            But you knew that the movie came out in 1994, right? even if you don't remember living it in real time. I know Star Wars came out in 1977 even if I don't remember it (i was 4 then. My turn!). Of course, being 4 when Stargate came out doesn't mean you're not a Gatehead today (you might know even more trivia than other older fans) but it's just the honorific title of "veteran gatehead" that you can't have... sory Unfortunatly for me, I can't say that I'm a veteran star wars head, nor veteran star trek head, (or fortunately! it means i'm not so old after all) but for stargate I'm happy, because it's one of the rare big sci-fi phenomenon that i can claim i witnessed at birth and that is still runing. Oh my, I feel so special.. Don't worry kids, it's an old folks temporary crazyness...

Comment

i was five.... and i knew the movie came out in '94, i just didn't know the exact date til chyron told us all....

YKYAGHW: you celebrated yesterday with a nice big steak charred to a crisp [( i couldn't, but i wanted to oh soo badly!!! )]
              sigpic

Comment

i was five.... and i knew the movie came out in '94, i just didn't know the exact date til chyron told us all....

I was five too so I didn't know that the movie was out because my parents aren't scifi fans, but I did know that it was on Oct 28, 1994 because it is the same day my dog was born (7 years later) but my parents wouldn't let me name her Sam.
                sigpic
                SAM/JACK SHIPPER FOREVER

Comment

YKYAGHW you can list dozens of reasons why the person next to you isn't a gatehead
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay...as I said, I'm not a huge fan of the film, but that gave me goosebumps!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                      Okay...as I said, I'm not a huge fan of the film, but that gave me goosebumps!!
                      i know... it was very well put together
                      sigpic

Comment

YKYAGHW you can list dozens of reasons why the person next to you isn't a gatehead
                        That's smart!

YKYAGHW you suspect anyone wearing a beige sweater to be an ascended being...

Comment

YKYAGHW You tell your boss that you can not go to work on oct. 28th ( 2 days after my bday!!!!!!) because it is a special holiday !!!!
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

YKYAGHW...

After getting four different needles stuck into you for your yearly hospital check up (course, I was obedient and didn't cry, scream or anything because "Obedience brings victory, victory is life..."), you go down to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine to fix your apparent hormonal imbalance. And you know those little signs where they put your name up when they finish filling your perscription? One of the names happens to be "Quinn, J" and you end up staring around the room looking for Jonas Quinn.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

YKYAGHW..

Whenever someone says the word: Boron, you think: Fat
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

YKYAGHW.. its your birthday and all you want is a puddle jumper!!!
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X