You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jefferyb View Post
    When you have said for crying out loud so many time that the developmentally disabled that you take care of start saying it too.
    OMG..I watch special needs children too, and this one girl (usually quite precious, but very cranky this day), bit me, and I said "for cryin out loud!". She kept repeating me for a little bit, but luckily that came to an end.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

... you stil go to the "You Know you're a Gate Head When..." thread even after you've used up all your clever little instances.

Comment

You and your friend are walking through the parking lot after a rain storm when your friend says, "We should go puddlejumping!" And you just burst out laughing because the first thing that came to your mind was Stargate Atlantis! lol

And then when you tell the story to your mom (who is a stargate fan) she says you are obsessive...

Sadly my friend has never seen Stargate...but I'm changing that....
        Sam and Jack Forever!
        "With Your love You set me free. Three nails gave me liberty. So I'll sing Your praise. My God, I'll sing Your praise." ~Leeland

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
          ... you stil go to the "You Know you're a Gate Head When..." thread even after you've used up all your clever little instances.
          guilty....

when you're talking to someone and they don't get something that you are quite well versed in and you explain it to them and your friend mutters "oh great! she's going into lecture mode" you make eye contact with everyone listening just to make sure they are actually listening all the while thinking "since when did i start acting like daniel?"
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

When this is what you doodle while taking notes in 'intercultural studies'

(it's not quite accurate...but I was just working from memory... )

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
              Guilty! I think this was the thread that made me want to delurk (although I didn't know what 'lurk' was and I had only been reading for a couple of hours... )

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

...you start to form a tight group of true Gateheads because you know that the time is coming to separate out the true beleivers from the wanna-bees and you decide that the test of true Gateheadness will be wether or not the person knows the significance of October 28th, 1994...
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

But that elimiantes anyone who CAN'T REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK IN THEIR LIVES TO KNOW, Like me. I was four that year, For crying out loud!! I never really liked the film either, I far rather the series
                  Spoiler:
                  Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                  I caught frogs and called them prince
                  And made myself a queen
                  Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                  I slept in castles and fell in love
                  Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                  To capture tinkerbell
                  They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                  But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                  And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                  And anything I can to get by
                  And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Gatemage View Post
                    But that elimiantes anyone who CAN'T REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK IN THEIR LIVES TO KNOW, Like me. I was four that year, For crying out loud!! I never really liked the film either, I far rather the series
                    I am very greived that you were to young to experience the premier of STARGATE when it opened in theatres that night. It was an event like no other and sadly only comes once in a lifetime.
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I am very greived that you were to young to experience the premier of STARGATE when it opened in theatres that night. It was an event like no other and sadly only comes once in a lifetime...if you have a brother or sister that's about four years younger than you, then maybe your parents were greatly inspired by the film....

Comment

Maybe us and the other gateheads too young to remember that far back should start our own tight group
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

You were 4 too?! Spiffy! and with 10 days more experience on how to be 4.
                          Spoiler:
                          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                          I caught frogs and called them prince
                          And made myself a queen
                          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                          I slept in castles and fell in love
                          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                          To capture tinkerbell
                          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                          And anything I can to get by
                          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I was 8, but I don't remember the film at all, though my Mam assures me she saw it and liked it (she's a Kurt Russell fan...). I didn't see the film until a couple of years ago. IMHO...it's really not that good. But maybe I was expecting too much from it having been spoiled by the series for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              Maybe us and the other gateheads too young to remember that far back should start our own tight group
                              That's funny, imagine we have a "Veteran" vs "Next Generation" group. Veteran is for the people who watched & remember the movie in the cinema in 1994, and the Next Generation is for the people who became of age during SG-1 and caught up later.
                              But even if you don't remember seeing the movie in 1994, you can "know" the date, as part of Stargate History. (like I know the date of the Beatles first album, even though I wasn't born).
                              Well, I can't blame anybody, coz I didn't know what that october 28 was either

It's only natural to have a preference for the things we experienced when we grew up and feel it's better than what was before and what will come after... with few exceptions..

Comment

YKYAGHW...You see blue jello and start jumping up and down, leading the girl you're babysitting to look at you rather weirdly . I think she thought I was going crazy... nuts, three fries short of a happy meal, WAKO!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X