No announcement yet.

You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you laugh histerically when you say 'I love Gate people' and your boyfriend thinks you said 'I love Gay people' (...just happened 5 minutes ago, I couldn't wait to post!)

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
      ::Snickering nefariously:: I love the sarcasm in your post. Hehehe! ::Crouched like an evil witch::

Adrianne

At this point I feel the need to do a BAFTA (British Film and Telivision Awards, for the heathens among you) style speech and thank Richard Dean Anderson and the wonderful Stargate team for my education in the realm of sarcasm and wit.

I used to be a geek. Not just a geek (cos hey, let's face it, we're all geeks here) but a sad, humourless swotty nerd.

Then came Stargate.

Then came your little ego boost.

Then came the essay I'm trying not to do, reminding me that it's still sat there unfinished. Oh dear, oh dear. And the really sad thing is that there are a few very important sources I'm citing: Mitchell, Jackson and Kinsey (Woohoo)

And lastly, to add something of genuine interest and use to this post:

You know you're a gatehead when your essay looks enticing because your source material is written by individuals named Mitchell, Jackson and Kinsey.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I would generally consider myself to be an inhabitant of this galaxy. Even of this planet, if I may be so bold.

Fortunately, I have the great honour of being British, and occasionally, just occasionally, feel quite proud that I sometimes have to watch Stargate with Subtitles to understand.

Anyway, I'll get off my little poncey soap box now and just add that the DVLA is our equivalent of that, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and is where one must go to change one's registration plate.
        I don't speak to people who put milk into hot tea and drink it. How uncivilized and utterly dreadful! Brewed sweet and iced is the only way! They probably drive on the wrong side of the street as well!
        Last edited by chyron; 28 November 2005, 08:41 PM.
        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
          I don't speak to people who put milk into hot tea and drink it. How uncivilized! Brewed sweet and iced is the only way!
          That, of course, depends on what tea you are drinking. Earl grey, for example, is taken with a dash of lemon, others are had with honey. Everyday tea, like the cup of Typhoo I have at the moment is done with milk and sugar.

I can't imagine iced tea tasting nice though, not unless it's one of these flavoured ones, like peach or whatever it is.

Never mind us being uncivilised. What about you guys ruining our sports? Hockey is played on a field with a ball, ice hockey is played on ice with a puck, football is played with a round ball, has the o.s rule etc, whereas rugby is played with an oval ball, is very violent and is played WITHOUT all that namby-pamby protection gear!

As for driving on the wrong side of the road, I would heavily object.

Comment

That, of course, depends on what tea you are drinking. Earl grey, for example, is taken with a dash of lemon, others are had with honey. Everyday tea, like the cup of Typhoo I have at the moment is done with milk and sugar.

I can't imagine iced tea tasting nice though, not unless it's one of these flavoured ones, like peach or whatever it is.

Never mind us being uncivilised. What about you guys ruining our sports? Hockey is played on a field with a ball, ice hockey is played on ice with a puck, football is played with a round ball, has the o.s rule etc, whereas rugby is played with an oval ball, is very violent and is played WITHOUT all that namby-pamby protection gear!

As for driving on the wrong side of the road, I would heavily object.
            If you've never had sweet tea (tea where the sugar is added while its still boiling hot to dissovle the sugar), cold, chilled and served over ice - you have *NEVER* lived! (Having the heat dissolve the sugar actually changes the chemical formula of the tea, as opposed to adding sugar to cold tea.)
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
              If you've never had sweet tea (tea where the sugar is added while its still boiling hot to dissovle the sugar), cold, chilled and served over ice - you have *NEVER* lived! (Having the heat dissolve the sugar actually changes the chemical formula of the tea, as opposed to adding sugar to cold tea.)
              I know we're getting technical, but what sort of tea should one use for iced tea?

Comment

I know we're getting technical, but what sort of tea should one use for iced tea?
                what does tea, license plates and dead snails have to do with being a gatehead?

Some very interesting topics for gateheadedness i must add.

Comment

when learn how to fly a cargo ship incase of a 'galaxy quest' type emergency

when you think a 'galaxy quest' type of emrgency could happen

when you look at a sand/egg timer and think 'shh'

when you 'borrow' you cuz's DVD's to find the simpsons eps where SG1 make an appearance (i know there out there somewhere!)

when you cry because you haven't found the simpsons ep's with SG1 in them

when you check the TV mag every week for the ep where RDA is kidnapped by patty and selma in the simpsons

when you take a week off work/uni/school to catch up on fan fic

when you scream/rock back an forth/pass out if the cat gets in the way of the TV when SG1 is on (i'll never get that 0.3 seconds of veiwing time back!)

Comment

See now you're getting technical. In the US there's an off-the-shelf pain tea made my a company called Lipton. If its not available in jolly ol' London, I would use a tea that' very plain in taste as the sugar will is where the taste comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                      what does tea, license plates and dead snails have to do with being a gatehead?

Some very interesting topics for gateheadedness i must add.
                      ]
                      Tea, mushrooms and escargo(sp) are critical when it comes to ascencion.

Comment

When you can blame Anubis for your actions....You were taken over...
                        You use the whole Ori VS Anchient argument in your theology.....
                        when you can claim Yoga as form of Jaffa Self Defense class...
                        When you say you can qualify on Staff Range ( I am in the Army)....

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

When you can blame Anubis for your actions....You were taken over...
                          You use the whole Ori VS Anchient argument in your theology.....
                          when you can claim Yoga as form of Jaffa Self Defense class...
                          When you say you can qualify on Staff Range ( I am in the Army)....

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

when you spend most of your free time reading the whole of this thread to catch up due to the fact of only just discovering gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by wraithdude
                              when you spend most of your free time reading the whole of this thread to catch up due to the fact of only just discovering gateworld
                              Like a novel, isn't it? You could spend years reading everything on this forum.

But welcome, welcome!

...You know you're a gatehead when you have a TV in your dorm only to watch Stargate on it.

Comment

...you analyze Stargate the movie to see if the hero story (the one present in every ancient mythology, every modern religion, and countless works of literature, including Star Wars – twice) is present – and are thrilled to discover that it is! Daniel is the mythical hero exactly as described by Joseph Campbell.

...you realize that the only reason you know this stuff is because it springs from your love of ancient mythology – which is largely due to Stargate!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X