Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossover fun with Photoshop! - a little silly ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
    OMFG! They've nerfed the Atlantis expedition!

Nice one Cynicat. What technique did you use to place the gun in Shep's arms? Did you use the eraser tool or layers? I could use a few tips myself.

Thanks

MF
    Layers, I loves me some layers To be honest, I very rarely use the eraser tool anymore, mostly sticking with layers and masks (since you've always got the option to reclaim the original image, and I screw up regularly).

This one was pretty simple: I found a gun about the right size and shape to cover the rifle Shep was carrying, masked out the background on it, diddled with the size, used the clone stamp to remove any stray bits of the original rifle (such as the barrel) and fudge in some background, then tweaked the levels and shading on the supersoaker so it matched the lighting in the original image (though looking at it now, I probably should have put a bit of a red or green filter on it, it's a bit too blue). All up, it took less than an hour to track down the source images and put it together. Definately a quick'n'dirty job, but it was a cheap gag

It's all good orii7, you'll get the hang of this place That flash movie cracks me up every time!

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

Hehe, but it worked! Sometimes quick and dirty is all you need if you're looking for a quick gag. Especially if you're photochopping someones face onto Jabba the Hut . It happens a LOT at a gaming forum I frequent. You dare post a pic of yourself at your own peril . There's always someone with Photoshop skills

Thanks for the tips

MF
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Ah, don't worry - if you've read Sluggy Freelance, you'll know that aliens are deathly susceptible to Nerf weapons!

Anyhow... it seems Beckett has undergone a drastic transformation:

The world's cutest doctor is now the world's cutest holocaust-on-two-feet: the dreaded Tonbeckett. Doink!

-Edit: Nobody seems to get the Tonbeckett thing, so I'm going to refer y'll to this page for more information.
        Last edited by Syera; 19 February 2006, 02:03 PM.
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

He looks kind of like a... lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
            http://www.springhole.net/pics/tonbeckett.jpg

The world's cutest doctor is now the world's cutest holocaust-on-two-feet: the dreaded Tonbeckett. Doink!
            LMAO - and very nice work with the lamplight, especially onto his pants.

*ph34rs your mad photoshop skillz*

Comment

Crossover Photoshop Challenge:

More Stargate/Futurama pics: Like Leela, Fry, and Bender in a Puddle Jumper (extra points if you can get the Planet Express Logo on the Puddle Jumper), Zapp Brannigan (with Kif) commading the Prometheus/Daedalus, or you can put anything from the Stargate universe into a Futurama scene.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                Crossover Photoshop Challenge:
                Alright, I'll bite. Here you go

Comment

ROFLMAO!!! I love the pics!! *wishes i had Photoshop*
                  Stargate SG1 Rox!!!

Comment

Havent been in this thread for a while but its good to see that the manips are still going

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                      Ah, don't worry - if you've read Sluggy Freelance, you'll know that aliens are deathly susceptible to Nerf weapons!

Anyhow... it seems Beckett has undergone a drastic transformation:

http://www.springhole.net/pics/tonbeckett.jpg

-Edit: Nobody seems to get the Tonbeckett thing, so I'm going to refer y'll to this page for more information.
                      ARGH! Noes! Wait, where are the voodoo dolls of the Atlantis expedition?

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicat
                        That's great! Mckay being treated by Dr. Zoidberg! ROTFL!

Comment

I don't know how many of you have heard of THe Doodlebops. It is a kids program on Disney Channel in the morning. It is about a rock band I think. This idea just popped into my head one day. I hope you guys like it.

Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Any more Stargate/Futurama crossover pics?

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
                              I don't know how many of you have heard of THe Doodlebops. It is a kids program on Disney Channel in the morning. It is about a rock band I think. This idea just popped into my head one day. I hope you guys like it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...lebops-sga.jpg
                              Oh, Dear God! Not the Doodlebops!

I have a three year old. Need I say more?
                              My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicat

Awesome Cynicat! ROFL!

These are a couple of Futurama crossovers I did as part of my "Furling Search" series...

My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Working...
                                X