This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last poll set up sounds good to me.

By the way, did anyone watching last nights episode get the same reponse as me when Sam mentioned
    Spoiler:
    "The Bump"
    on the diagnostic scresn? I giggled thinking about all the bumping going on here

Poz

Comment

Ok, It's the 18th here EST! Are we ready to vote?

Poz

Comment

Hey guys! Since the time zone weirdness is pretty much unavoidable, Skydiver will leave the poll up for a couple of days, starting on the 18th at her earliest convenience. This was an addition to the thread that wasn't really necessary - just more expedient. Everyone will be given the opportunity to vote. Sky will also be placing our voting options on the first page of the thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience for those who may be voting on the evening of the 18th.

But you certainly can't accuse us of false advertising, right?

Comment

Thank you Denise for setting up the polls!!! Looking at the total visitors to this thread makes it seem worth it

Poz

Comment

I found it Spaz!!!!!!!

Poz

Comment

Sunday must be a bad day for the sinapsis of my neurons.....

I thought the poll would be place in this thread, at the first page... and after coming here a couple of times and not finding anything, I was beginning to think that something was wrong... That happens when you open the threads from My Controls instead of looking at General Discussion...

But thanks to SG1Poz I realized that I was the one looking at the wrong place... so, if there is anyone else completely lost, like me, here is the route to the poll:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17529

I've also changed my sig with this route, I hope it helps!
              Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
              (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

BUMP!

er... do we still need to do this ??
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE

BUMP!

er... do we still need to do this ??

For now I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia
                    Sunday must be a bad day for the sinapsis of my neurons.....

I thought the poll would be place in this thread, at the first page... and after coming here a couple of times and not finding anything, I was beginning to think that something was wrong... That happens when you open the threads from My Controls instead of looking at General Discussion...

But thanks to SG1Poz I realized that I was the one looking at the wrong place... so, if there is anyone else completely lost, like me, here is the route to the poll:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17529

I've also changed my sig with this route, I hope it helps!
                    I too, didn't realize there was a poll....so if anyone else has fallen out of the loop, please vote, to decide the fate of this tournament.

Perhaps trying to do the first 7 seasons all at once is a bit daunting....perhaps we could break it into two halfs, and then have a final vote, for the best over-all. We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      I too, didn't realize there was a poll....so if anyone else has fallen out of the loop, please vote, to decide the fate of this tournament.

Perhaps trying to do the first 7 seasons all at once is a bit daunting....perhaps we could break it into two halfs, and then have a final vote, for the best over-all. We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......
                      I think that the purpose of this thread was to include every episode, it's more work, I know, but this way we are fare to every ep....
                      And regarding S8, I haven't seen it yet, it's airing in my country just now, but, as always, let majority rule...
                      Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                      (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        We could posibbly include season 8 this time? Yes....No? Just a thought......
                        Just my $0.02, but that would really frack-up the results so far. I strongly suspect that a number of S8 episodes would have bitten the dust in the early rounds, so throwing it into the voting at this more-or-less-midway point would skew the results, at least as to how they reflect the episodes that people really didn't like.
                        Also, S8 still hasn't aired in syndication yet, so including it would do a disservice to those voters who haven't had a chance to see the episodes and make up their own minds.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                          Just my $0.02, but that would really frack-up the results so far. I strongly suspect that a number of S8 episodes would have bitten the dust in the early rounds, so throwing it into the voting at this more-or-less-midway point would skew the results, at least as to how they reflect the episodes that people really didn't like.
                          Also, S8 still hasn't aired in syndication yet, so including it would do a disservice to those voters who haven't had a chance to see the episodes and make up their own minds.
                          I agree. There's no need to "frack this up" anymore than it already has been.

Comment

ok, here's the results

Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: 8 ...9.64%
                            Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning 8 ....9.64%
                            Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round 38 ....45.78%
                            Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action 29 ....34.94%

so the 'close the original, start all over' is the winner. i'll close and unstick the poll thread

if you guys need any help with restarting the tournament (from a gateworld, tehnical pov) just let me know
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              ok, here's the results

Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: 8 ...9.64%
                              Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning 8 ....9.64%
                              Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round 38 ....45.78%
                              Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action 29 ....34.94%

so the 'close the original, start all over' is the winner. i'll close and unstick the poll thread

if you guys need any help with restarting the tournament (from a gateworld, tehnical pov) just let me know
                              dont you mean 'close original, carry on from where it was left off' is the winner?

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                                dont you mean 'close original, carry on from where it was left off' is the winner?
                                (Seshat starts to palpitate)
                                Gosh, I HOPE so!

Comment

Working...
                                X