No announcement yet.

Our Ideas For Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. I think one of the thing that needs to be done is to see their relationship move somewhat significantly.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think Horizon should do what SG-1 did and do a series of Direct-To-DVD movies. We could tell the stories we wanted to tell during the series but bigger
      Last edited by Vexacus; 06 October 2010, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
        This is what I am looking forward to, hopefully it is early in the season and it builds from there.
        It would be a shame to end SGH without moving forward in the relationship; however we don't want it to just suddenly...um...grow? Does that make any sense? It seems wrong to drag it out for several seasons & then suddenly BOOM they're together.

Which is why I like Vexacus's idea. If they had a movie set in the future where Grant & Sivea's son (Or daughter.) has to save Horizon that would be cool.

Comment

Oh yes. Congrats on your move to LA, Alex. I'm sure we are ALL very happy for you & wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
            It would be a shame to end SGH without moving forward in the relationship; however we don't want it to just suddenly...um...grow? Does that make any sense? It seems wrong to drag it out for several seasons & then suddenly BOOM they're together.

Which is why I like Vexacus's idea. If they had a movie set in the future where Grant & Sivea's son (Or daughter.) has to save Horizon that would be cool.
            Glad you like the idea. Though like Continuum we'd need the reset button to be included

Comment

Originally posted by Vexacus View Post
              Glad you like the idea. Though like Continuum we'd need the reset button to be included
              (*brainstorming*) Or Alex could use the movie as a transition into a NEW series set on Horizon in the future!

Comment

(*brainstorming*) Or Alex could use the movie as a transition into a NEW series set on Horizon in the future!
                Now that is a great idea. Like TNG was set 70+years after TOS

Comment

And, on top of that, it would give us a chance to see what happened to our fave characters after the show ended. (*meditative pose*) I am brilliant. JK.

Comment

And, on top of that, it would give us a chance to see what happened to our fave characters after the show ended. (*meditative pose*) I am brilliant. JK.
                    Yeah, that is a good idea. Though it might be a good idea not to reveal that in the first episode. Like TNG, it was not mentioned when it was set or what happend to the TOS crew right away, we learned that over the course of the series. We should do the same for the Horizon spin-off Movie and follow-up series

Comment

Yeah, that is a good idea. Though it might be a good idea not to reveal that in the first episode. Like TNG, it was not mentioned when it was set or what happend to the TOS crew right away, we learned that over the course of the series. We should do the same for the Horizon spin-off Movie and follow-up series
                      Yeah, keep 'em coming back for more! So, Alex. What dost though think?

Comment

I think a Direct to DVD movie for SH is a bad idea. Ark of Truth and Continuum weren't really great in my opinion and resolve very little of the show's story other than the Ori threat. I think the story of SH should be wrapped up within the show and nothing beyond it.

And on the subject of Sivea and Grant, maybe you guys can have them hook up in the 100th episode and use the first four episodes to build up to that moment so it wouldn't be out of the blue. If not the 100th episode, then late in the season so we can at least savor them as a couple before the end of the series. Most of the time, I hate shows that wait until the final episode or near the end of the series to have the characters hook up and not give us more time on their new relationship that we have been waiting to happen for some time.

Comment

I think since SGH is a virtual show, episode length isn't really an issue. Their only limitations are imaginations and the story they want to tell.

That said, I wouldn't say no to potential virtual movies after the series is done. Random one-offs could be fun
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by suncore View Post
                            I hate shows that wait until the final episode or near the end of the series to have the characters hook up and not give us more time on their new relationship that we have been waiting to happen for some time.
                            Yup, it's just plain wrong.

Comment

What about a "Reset Button" episode? If it is done properly, it could be SGH's version of the Voyager episodes "Year Of Hell" but markedly better. I have other ideas as I;m eager to get writing again

Comment

What about a "Reset Button" episode? If it is done properly, it could be SGH's version of the Voyager episodes "Year Of Hell" but markedly better. I have other ideas as I;m eager to get writing again
                                That actually sounds interesting. I really liked that episode from Voyager.........

Comment

Working...
                                X